Take A Good Look At These Pictures

I cant even BEGIN to imagine a middle eastern major city allowing bible thumpers to hold mass and stopping their traffic.
I agree with the blog author. Im getting fed up with this big sign on our backs saying KICK ME.

The Pope came to the Upper East side of Manhattan in 2008, effectively shutting down my whole block and keeping me out of my apartment for 5 hours after I came home from work. And prior to his arrival..they shut down my block..and blocked my dog walker. It's not only one religion that does that here.

Saint Patrick's Cathedral - The Catholic Church of New York City- Catholic Store
New Yorkers Get to See Popemobile During Papal Visit: Gothamist

Last edited:
If I was trying to get to work and there were people blocking the streets and I couldn't get there, I would be pissed regardless of what religion this was.

It appears that they are being allowed to worship, which is good. My poor religion catches flax if we put our a nativity scene on private property. Use the work Christmas and heaven forbid that we pray in public.

I am not sure I understand this. I know for a fact that if I did that is one of the wonderful countries where these people came from I would either be killed or jailed.

What a wonderful country we have, at lease for a few more years.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It appears that they are being allowed to worship, which is good. My poor religion catches flax if we put our a nativity scene on private property. Use the work Christmas and heaven forbid that we pray in public.

I am not sure I understand this. I know for a fact that if I did that is one of the wonderful countries where these people came from I would either be killed or jailed.

What a wonderful country we have, at lease for a few more years.

I learned today that vids of burning the quran are not allowed on youtube. BUT....you CAN post vids of burning bibles! Isnt that speshul?

Do you ever check anything out for yourself?

The photographs are genuine, but the description is inaccurate and misleading. The images depict scenes from the annual Muslim Day Parade in New York City. The parade has taken place every year since 1985. The parade only takes place once per year. Muslims do not block New York streets to pray every Friday as claimed in the message.
Like the many other official parades that take place each year in New York City, the Muslim Day Parade is properly planned and organized prior to the event and has the necessary authorization and permits from the New York City authorities. And, to reiterate, the parade and the prayer sessions that are part of the event take place only once per year, not every week as claimed in this protest message.

Muslims Praying Every Friday in Streets of New York Protest Message www. hoax-slayer.com

Last edited:
Do you ever check anything out for yourself?

The photographs are genuine, but the description is inaccurate and misleading. The images depict scenes from the annual Muslim Day Parade in New York City. The parade has taken place every year since 1985. The parade only takes place once per year. Muslims do not block New York streets to pray every Friday as claimed in the message.
Like the many other official parades that take place each year in New York City, the Muslim Day Parade is properly planned and organized prior to the event and has the necessary authorization and permits from the New York City authorities. And, to reiterate, the parade and the prayer sessions that are part of the event take place only once per year, not every week as claimed in this protest message.

Muslims Praying Every Friday in Streets of New York Protest Message www. hoax-slayer.com

Does anyone live in New York city that can verify whats going on with this?

Nothing, as long as they are not hindering others form using the steets for everyday purposes.

But they both are.

One cannot hold a public demonstration without inconveniencing the public.

Which requires a permit. If the Political active GET said permit they have the right to assemble where ever the Authority that granted the the permit said they could. The 1st Amendment does not trump the requirement for a permit to impede public traffic. If Muslims want to gather to pray on the sidewalks and streets they NEED a permit. One that grants them that right.
That depends on the city ordinances. I'm pretty sure the Catholic church in my neighborhood doesn't get a permit for blocking traffic with their repeated masses on Saturday evening, Sundays and holidays.

The first Amendment does not cover blocking traffic or any other violation of other laws.
the right of the people peaceably to assemble

I'm a firm believer in the axiom, "One man's rights end where another's begin".

So I repeat the question:
Whose rights are these prayers infringing upon?
What constitutional right are they denying others?

Ya'll should know, by now, that I'll concede to a logical explanation
:cool:

One does NOT have a right to forcefully impede the traffic of the public on PUBLIC roads and sidewalks. The 1st Amendment does not override others rights to travel down those roads and sidewalks. The right to peacefully assemble is ALSO regulated and requires a permit if larger then a set size. The local authority can specify where, when and how a group will assemble.

A religious group does not have the right to block traffic of either vehicles or people on PUBLIC access thoroughfares. That is NOT a power granted by the 1st Amendment.
I promise that I'm only playing devil's advocate by asking where in the constitution does it list that as a right?
:cool:

Moslems praying on the streets?

Tea Party activists protesting on the streets?

What's the difference?

Nothing, as long as they are not hindering others form using the steets for everyday purposes.

But they both are.

One cannot hold a public demonstration without inconveniencing the public.

Define: inconveniencing the public

Where I come from, you can have a march that fills the streets. You just have to get a permit ahead of time.

I cant even BEGIN to imagine a middle eastern major city allowing bible thumpers to hold mass and stopping their traffic.
I agree with the blog author. Im getting fed up with this big sign on our backs saying KICK ME.

The Pope came to the Upper East side of Manhattan in 2008, effectively shutting down my whole block and keeping me out of my apartment for 5 hours after I came home from work. And prior to his arrival..they shut down my block..and blocked my dog walker. It's not only one religion that does that here.

Saint Patrick's Cathedral - The Catholic Church of New York City- Catholic Store
New Yorkers Get to See Popemobile During Papal Visit: Gothamist

Oh come on. I mean . . . the POPE MOBILE was there too! Who wouldn't clamor to see that?? lol

Popemobile.png

If it's a once-in-a-lifetime type thing or even a once-a-year thing, no biggie. But if it's an every day or every week thing? Something should be done about it.

Do you really think there's any comparison between one of the most modern cities in the most prosperous country at any time in human history, and a middle eastern major city?

Our strength is that muslims can demonstrate here, and it doesn't make any difference.

Allowing Christians (or, God Forbid, Jews) to openly demonstrate in as emotionally fragile, and intellectually compromised places as Beirut, Damascus, Amman, or Riyadh wouldn't just stop traffic: It might cause the entire nation to shit its pants.

Forum List

Back