Take a first Aid class!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
YOu never know when you are going to need it.

Whether it's a bomb blast, car crash or natural disaster, medical treatment always seems to be necessary early in an emergency situation - just when it's hardest to come by. But with education, you can provide the first aid you or those close to you need. Captain Dave recommends reading and taking classes (such as those offered by the Red Cross and some EMT programs) on first aid and becoming a first responder
First aid Kits

Who needs classes? If someone is injured, all you need to do is jab a rubber tube into their throat to drain the blood. Works every time!

I learned it on Discovery Health!

:salute:

Who needs classes? If someone is injured, all you need to do is jab a rubber tube into their throat to drain the blood. Works every time!

I learned it on Discovery Health!

:salute:

In my last month of pregnancy when I couldn't do anything I became addicted discovery health, favorite show is Code Blue.

In my last month of pregnancy when I couldn't do anything I became addicted discovery health, favorite show is Code Blue.
It's an excellent network, and I used to watch it regularly.

Now that I live next to a hospital, and am there nearly every day, the channel has understandably lost some of its draw. If any of these upcoming interviews go well, I'll be spending roughly 60 hours a week there...

*fingers crossed*

I am a retired Navy Chief Hospital Corpsman. There isn't any medical condition you can't treat with just bandaids and aspirin. Anything more is a waste of resourses and education.

I am a retired Navy Chief Hospital Corpsman. There isn't any medical condition you can't treat with just bandaids and aspirin. Anything more is a waste of resourses and education.
They must only teach you proper tourniquet use in the Army...

:eusa_snooty:

You also need duct tape.

LOL, been watching Red Green have you?

Red Green, the ultimate conservative.

Naah, I learned about duct tape before most did. It was used in Nuke labs and such before it became a commercial item.

They must only teach you proper tourniquet use in the Army...

:eusa_snooty:

A tourniquette applied securely around the neck will stop bleeding in any part of the body within a few minutes.

Duct tape is great for everything...except taping ducts.

Scientists stick to their story
Tests indicate duct tape is terrible for taping ducts

Berkeley National Laboratory, there's one thing duct tape is no good for: taping ducts. In tests that mimicked conditions in the forlorn and hidden spaces where ducts reside.

"What we found was that duct tape almost always failed." said Max Sherman, a physicist who ran the tests. "It failed reliably and often quite catastrophically...And nothing else except duct tape failed.

http://www.centralcityair.com/information/library/ducttape.pdf

I coulda told ya that...had to keep replacing it so many times, my father eventually just filled the leaks with caulk.

Man, quit talking about tubes and shit. I had to buy a tube because my mare chokes on hay. I had to quit feeding it, but I got a tube so if it comes to critical mass I can slam that thing down her nose and give her an airway without hacking my hose to pieces. Besides, I'm not convinced my hose will go through her nasal passage without damaging her.

Though probably I could fix a sinus hole with duct tape, if I could figure out how to get it in there.

Forum List

Back