Tagg Romney Opposes Hospice In His Town

Is this anything like Ted Kennedy opposing a wind farm because it would spoil his view? Or is it more like democrats opposing Wal Mart because it's Wal Mart?

I guess Tagg, his wife and all of the other wealthy residents of Belmont, MA don't like the idea of a hospice center being built in their town. Money trumps the welfare of the sick and dying. How compassionate.

Romney opposition to hospice ironic - Boston.com

Local officials received an inquiry this spring from Integra Medical Properties, a Georgia-based company interested in building a residential hospice facility on the town land adjacent to the country club and in the woods deep behind Tagg Romney’s street. It was to be one-story, about 15,000 square feet, set far back from the neighborhood.

Belmont planners seized on it. The town needed the revenue, the site was well buffered, and residents, they thought, might appreciate the service.

Sure they would. Belmont Hill, it ends up, is like Hingham without the harbor. Residents immediately printed up lawn signs by the hundreds. They launched an antihospice website and Facebook page. They raised the specter of hearses and ambulances parading down their streets.

All of which is slightly amusing if you take a drive around Woodfall Road, which borders the site. The quaint and older ranches and split-levels are overshadowed by gargantuan new mansions crammed onto lots about three sizes too small. My personal favorite was a garish, 9,000-square-foot brick structure squeezed onto half an acre and seemingly abandoned before it was completed. Sitting in its scraggly yard is the sign, “Preserve our Neighborhood.”

At an August selectmen’s meeting, according to a video posted by the Belmont Citizen-Herald, Tagg Romney stood and told the board, “I certainly would not have built my house if I thought there was a possibility of a hospice going there. The value of all our homes will decrease dramatically.”

So if Belmont is a "wealthy" town, why does Belmont "need" the revenue from a hospice center?

This is another example of leftist HYPOCRISY. In the same state (Massachusetts) the Kennedy clan promotes wind turbine farms, but they killed a wind turbine farm project because it would have obstructed their view of the ocean from the Kennedy compound.

New Topics

Forum List

Back