Tactics of Jihadists

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Hearin lie the tactics of the Jihadists, may their heads be found by the bullets that seek them.

1) Most Jihadist leaders don't really believe what they preach. Instead, they preach what they do in the hopes that it will give them power.

2) Jihadists find a group of poor, destitute people, living in despair. They typically blame the people who are actually putting them there. However, this has to stop. Jihadist leaders are typically part of the system that put these people there, so this won't help them gain power unless they can reassign blame, so they convince the downtrodden that they're really on their side, and that it's somebody else's fault that they're poor. They then promise to end the oppression of this other group if these poor people pledge their loyalty and do what they say.

3) Now, they've obviously misplaced blame, and this can be revealed through fact. The news services will eventually get them, so they create their own news. Their news station makes everything look like the target's fault and doesn't report anything to the contrary, even going so far as to report downright lies in order to convince the masses that they are right. Any opposing news source is aggressively accused of being a propaganda wing of the target group and controlled by said group. This is so people will come to rely solely on the jihadist news and immediately assume any source that contradicts them is wrong.

4) Now that they've got this system set up, they try to keep their target audience in poverty. After all, if they become successful, then their poverty can no longer be blamed on the opposing group. Without blame, the system doesn't work.

5) Now that their system is in place, they launch their offensive. Their ignorant masses attack this opposing group without question and with exreme malice and prejudice. With every percieved victory, they gain power. If the other side dares retaliate, their news shows it as proof that they truly are evil. If they don't, it is shown as a sign of weakness and the attack continues.

The only real solution is to get them out of poverty the fair and honest way in order to show them whose fault it really is that they're in poverty.

Now, does this sound like anyone else we know?

Hobbit said:
Hearin lie the tactics of the Jihadists, may their heads be found by the bullets that seek them.

You're a self proclaimed Christian, right? How does this fit into your Christian mindset?

Do you think Jesus would talk like this?

nucular said:
You're a self proclaimed Christian, right? How does this fit into your Christian mindset?

He wouldn't advocate shooting them per se, however yes, He would most certainly damn them to hell.

Contrary to liberals' beliefs, Christianity is a little more complex and involved than "Be nice to people."

nucular said:

I gather you've not read the Bible, Nucular? You should give it a try to clear up your misunderstanding about Christianity. Some pretty good battles between the Christians and their enemies took place, and the Christians did KILL the bad people.

Adam's Apple said:
I gather you've not read the Bible, Nucular? You should give it a try to clear up your misunderstanding about Christianity. Some pretty good battles between the Christians and their enemies took place, and the Christians did KILL the bad people.

I think you are talking about the Old Testament. Jesus wasn't involved in any wars.

Well, you're right about that, but Christians accept both the Old and New Testaments as holy books of scripture. We get our instruction, or the basis of our beliefs, from both books. For example, the Ten Commandments did not become obsolete when Jesus came into the world. They are still valid rules for Christians today.

Neither of us is really responding to Hobbit's topic of tactics used by the jihadists. But since you picked up on the sentence about the bullet headed for a jihadist's head, I will respond to you that I am a Christian and I would have no hesitation or sense of guilt in ridding the world of a terrorist or two if they attempted to impose their will in my space. I assume that's what you were objecting to. Christians are not forbidden to defend themselves against murderous thugs.

Adam's Apple said:
Well, you're right about that, but Christians accept both the Old and New Testaments as holy books of scripture. We get our instruction, or the basis of our beliefs, from both books. For example, the Ten Commandments did not become obsolete when Jesus came into the world. They are still valid rules for Christians today.

Neither of us is really responding to Hobbit's topic of tactics used by the jihadists. But since you picked up on the sentence about the bullet headed for a jihadist's head, I will respond to you that I am a Christian and I would have no hesitation or sense of guilt in ridding the world of a terrorist or two if they attempted to impose their will in my space. I assume that's what you were objecting to. Christians are not forbidden to defend themselves against murderous thugs.

Certainly I would also defend myself against murderous thugs as well. I just don't understand the concept of religious people advocating deaths of other human beings, sorry. Christian or any other religion. In fact that's what makes Jihadists disgusting in the first place. You're sinking to their level.

No, we are not sinking to their levels. We live and conduct ourselves daily by entirely different philosophies, as you are well aware, but a Christian should not be expected to just lie down and roll over if his life should be threatened by thugs. We have a right to defend their own lives, just like the non-Christian.

Adam's Apple said:
No, we are not sinking to their levels. We live and conduct ourselves daily by entirely different philosophies, as you are well aware, but a Christian should not be expected to just lie down and roll over if his life should be threatened by thugs. We have a right to defend their own lives, just like the non-Christian.

I agree, but advocating someones death is proactive, whereas self defense is, well, defensive. They are two different things.

If a Muslim comes into my home and threatens me, I will try to kill or immobilize him.

If I go out on the street and tell people, "Let's go kill some Muslims, before they kill us", it's inciteful.

Is this too subtle?

nucular said:
I agree, but advocating someones death is proactive, whereas self defense is, well, defensive. They are two different things.

If a Muslim comes into my home and threatens me, I will try to kill or immobilize him.

If I go out on the street and tell people, "Let's go kill some Muslims, before they kill us", it's inciteful.

Is this too subtle?

Notice I didn't say Muslims, but jihadists. Jihadists are actively seeking to kill people, and the Christian doctrine advocates defending the innocent, often necessitating the killing of those seeking to harm them. If you can capture the jihadists, fine, but most of the time, they're fanatically shooting at people or trying to bomb them and they don't care about their own lives, so you gotta shoot them before they kill someone else. Now, let's get over the first sentence and discuss the actual topic.

Said1 said:
I give up, who?

Ok, I'll lead you on a bit. Which group in this country is filthy rich, yet pretends to help the poor and destitute, rabidly attacks the opposing group (though not with weapons, in this case), controls most of the media, and attempts to discredit media that doesn't support them?

Hobbit said:
Ok, I'll lead you on a bit. Which group in this country is filthy rich, yet pretends to help the poor and destitute, rabidly attacks the opposing group (though not with weapons, in this case), controls most of the media, and attempts to discredit media that doesn't support them?

Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore? Are they working together now?

nucular said:
Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore? Are they working together now?

Rush doesn't pretend to or in actuality help the poor and destitute. He tells them to help themselves. Try again.

nucular said:

Is this too subtle?

You unintentionally have made the argument for me though. Why should anyone sit on his/her ass and wait for death to come?

The threat is the first move. I fully expect people to back up their talk, and anything I do to circumvent that threat is justified in MY mind. Sitting and waiting to see IF you are going to carry out your threat gives you the advantage. Hunting you down gives ME the advantage. The odds of the latter suit my taste a whole lot better than the odds of the former.

GunnyL said:
You unintentionally have made the argument for me though. Why should anyone sit on his/her ass and wait for death to come?

The threat is the first move. I fully expect people to back up their talk, and anything I do to circumvent that threat is justified in MY mind. Sitting and waiting to see IF you are going to carry out your threat gives you the advantage. Hunting you down gives ME the advantage. The odds of the latter suit my taste a whole lot better than the odds of the former.

Yes, and if I thought you actually went out and hunted down Al Queda and other jihadists then this statement would carry some weight.

But you just sit around and talk about it, right?

"The chickenhawk argument is likewise unpersuasive. But I’ll make a deal: only people with military experience can discuss matters of national security, and only people who grew up in North Dakota can judge the movie “Fargo.” I know what you’re saying: “Fargo” took place almost entirely in Minnesota. Why are you trying to stifle my dissent?"
--James Lileks

nucular said:

That is not my interpretation of what Hobbit was saying with his remark about the bullet finding a jihadist's head. I think he was saying that if the jihadists come looking to make trouble, they will find an appropriate response. That's a lot different than saying that Christians are going out looking for jihadists to kill.

Forum List

Back