Table Turning: Black Caucus Likened To KKK

Nuc said:
Cities have personalities, otherwise why even name them? Just number them. Smart cities don't allow the historic centers and the fine architecture get destroyed. If it's destroyed by poor people, blacks or whoever, the city government has failed.

Cities also have to follow federal law that forbids discrimination--you can't stick groups of people in ghettos out of sight. The Federal laws have failed.

dilloduck said:
Cities also have to follow federal law that forbids discrimination--you can't stick groups of people in ghettos out of sight. The Federal laws have failed.

It's more complex than that. I grew up in lower middle class neighborhoods that have become ghetto areas. They were integrated in my youth, now they are all black. But we had low crime rates then. The families on my block didn't even have to lock their doors. What happened was the industrial base of the city declined. Since most blacks worked unskilled or semi-skilled industrial jobs, this pulled the rug out from under the entire black community here. You can blame the corporations for moving the jobs elsewhere and the city government for not doing anything to stop it. Then lastly you can blame the blacks for not adapting to the new environment.

Nuc said:
Read my post. I didn't suggest moving the ghettos. I merely said that the Europeans were smarter than we were when they located their ghettos away from the historic centers, thereby preserving them. Do you disagree?

I don't agree. Working to plan where poor people live by spending money to send them to ghettos that are less centralized is simply not an effective way to spend tax dollars. It will make the cities prettier but any other benefit seems to elude me.

In many places in the US the historic centers are perserved simply by the fact that only those with means can afford places there or the cities own them specifically. Downtown is not always the center of historic significance or the downtown of the time of historic significance but becomes downtown later because of the central location of the businesses that are there. Thus the places of historic significance are outside of the more modern downtown and are usually elite.

Nuc said:
It's more complex than that. I grew up in lower middle class neighborhoods that have become ghetto areas. They were integrated in my youth, now they are all black. But we had low crime rates then. The families on my block didn't even have to lock their doors. What happened was the industrial base of the city declined. Since most blacks worked unskilled or semi-skilled industrial jobs, this pulled the rug out from under the entire black community here. You can blame the corporations for moving the jobs elsewhere and the city government for not doing anything to stop it. Then lastly you can blame the blacks for not adapting to the new environment.

And exactly why did most blacks work unskilled or semi skilled jobs?

no1tovote4 said:
I don't agree. Working to plan where poor people live by spending money to send them to ghettos that are less centralized is simply not an effective way to spend tax dollars. It will make the cities prettier but any other benefit seems to elude me.

Most European cities have strong personalities. The same can't be said for American cities. I'm not saying the European cities planned to send the poor to the outskirts, but at least they didn't allow their cities to rot from the inside, like we did. You're in Denver, right? That's not the problem there. Most of what I'm describing happens in the cities that are east of the Mississippi.

Nuc said:
Read my post. I didn't suggest moving the ghettos. I merely said that the Europeans were smarter than we were when they located their ghettos away from the historic centers, thereby preserving them. Do you disagree?

But you're not suggesting emulation of said smart planning? oh. Ok. I guess you just like to hear your gums flap.

rtwngAvngr said:
But you're not suggesting emulation of said smart planning? oh. Ok. I guess you just like to hear your gums flap.

I was describing something using my powers of observation. If I had to advocate something everytime I described it that would be a heavy burden. What's your problem with reading comprehension and logic? Is this stuff really over your head or are you just playing dumb?
:wank: :wank: :2guns: :arabia: :whip:

Nuc said:
Most European cities have strong personalities. The same can't be said for American cities. I'm not saying the European cities planned to send the poor to the outskirts, but at least they didn't allow their cities to rot from the inside, like we did. You're in Denver, right? That's not the problem there. Most of what I'm describing happens in the cities that are east of the Mississippi.

It think it is more a sign of ineffective city leadership if they allowed the historic centers to be purchased then destroyed without working to preserve them than it is a sign that it was more effective to have ghettos planned elsewhere.

Nuc said:
I was describing something using my powers of observation. If I had to advocate something everytime I described it that would be a heavy burden. What's your problem with reading comprehension and logic? Is this stuff really over your head or are you just playing dumb?
:wank: :wank: :2guns: :arabia: :whip:

Typically people advocate what they perceive as smart moves. Many assumed you were normal. We won't do that again.

Nuc said:
Texans? You guys want to be able to execute anybody and everybody-with our tax dollars! Then you want your hurricane victims pampered while the ones from Louisiana suffer. You want more than one NFL football team while many of the 50 states don't have any. Your universities use our tax dollars to make stupid suicidal bonfires-that contribute to global warming. What's up with that? Yep, Texans are the real "gimme" and "I feel so sorry for myself" race. And your color, somewhere between pink and purple. No wonder the whole world hates Texans.
LOL...well I thought it was funny...

Nuc said:
Texans? You guys want to be able to execute anybody and everybody-with our tax dollars! Then you want your hurricane victims pampered while the ones from Louisiana suffer. You want more than one NFL football team while many of the 50 states don't have any. Your universities use our tax dollars to make stupid suicidal bonfires-that contribute to global warming. What's up with that? Yep, Texans are the real "gimme" and "I feel so sorry for myself" race. And your color, somewhere between pink and purple. No wonder the whole world hates Texans.

and good neighbors. I'd like to meet you and beat you. What bullshit. You are in dire need of a severe physical mauling. May I apply for the job of whipping the hell outta you?

ThomasPaine said:
and good neighbors. I'd like to meet you and beat you. What bullshit. You are in dire need of a severe physical mauling. May I apply for the job of whipping the hell outta you?

Dimwit, consult the above post. It was facetious. But if you think you can beat a 6'1" 220 pound athlete, PM me and we'll set up a meeting. I hope you're gay because I'm gonna stick it so far up it'll come out of your nose. What a moron.

Hey, I'm 6'1! What of it? Huh? What did your mom say? Huh? You want some? You want some Beeyotch!? Come get some. I'll PM your ass. I'll PM, IM, and post on the FORUM on your ass! WHat!? WHat then?!

Hagbard Celine said:
Hey, I'm 6'1! What of it? Huh? What did your mom say? Huh? You want some? You want some Beeyotch!? Come get some. I'll PM your ass. I'll PM, IM, and post on the FORUM on your ass! WHat!? WHat then?!

Hey Celine, you're new to the board so you don't know how it operates. The neo-Nazis pound on their chests. Then you have to spank them. After that they start to bite their nails and cry. We won't hear any more from Thomas Paine in the Ass in this thread. He is a pansy like his brother Wm.Joyce. Say "boo" to them and they cry to mommy. :poop: :gay: :laugh: :fu2: :moon4: :stupid: :smoke: :p:

ThomasPaine said:
:laugh: :laugh: Didn't anyone tell you. Texas is just the path from Mexico to Oklahoma? :)

Forum List

Back