Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9508168/

White lawmaker excluded from black caucus
Angry politician compares Black Legislative Caucus to KKK
The Associated Press
Updated: 10:35 p.m. ET Sept. 27, 2005

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A white Tennessee lawmaker lamenting his exclusion from the state’s Black Legislative Caucus claimed Tuesday the group was less accommodating that even the Ku Klux Klan.

“My understanding is that the KKK doesn’t even ban members by race,” said Rep. Stacey Campfield, adding that the KKK “has less racist bylaws” than the black lawmakers’ group.

The freshman Republican from Knoxville was rebuffed earlier this year when he asked for the Black Caucus’ bylaws and inquired about joining. There are 18 black state lawmakers in Tennessee.

Caucus chairman Rep. Johnny Shaw, a Democrat, dismissed Campfield’s request and called him a “strange guy” who was simply interested in stirring up trouble.

“He is using this as a joke. This is an insult coming from him,” said caucus member Rep. Larry Miller, also a Democrat. “Why he chose to focus on the Black Caucus, I have no idea other than he is crazy and a racist.”

The 37-year-old Campfield defended himself Saturday in a message on his Web journal, or blog, under the heading “I too dream.”

The long excerpts from the Rev. Martin Luther King’s famous 1963 “I Have a Dream” speech infuriated some readers. It prompted Campfield to ban reader comments after some of the angry postings included death threats.

Experts on race and hate groups said Campfield hit a nerve when he used King’s words to take on a black institution. It’s the same tactic white separatists often use, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

“Very typically these days we see white supremacists, hate groups, trying to use the words of King and other civil rights leaders to try to advance their agendas,” Potok said.

dilloduck said:
It's all coming back home to roost isn't it. Who are the REAL racists in America now? Which race wants the OTHER race to work and pay for their livelihood?

Texans? You guys want to be able to execute anybody and everybody-with our tax dollars! Then you want your hurricane victims pampered while the ones from Louisiana suffer. You want more than one NFL football team while many of the 50 states don't have any. Your universities use our tax dollars to make stupid suicidal bonfires-that contribute to global warming. What's up with that? Yep, Texans are the real "gimme" and "I feel so sorry for myself" race. And your color, somewhere between pink and purple. No wonder the whole world hates Texans.

Nuc said:
Texans? You guys want to be able to execute anybody and everybody-with our tax dollars! Then you want your hurricane victims pampered while the ones from Louisiana suffer. You want more than one NFL football team while many of the 50 states don't have any. Your universities use our tax dollars to make stupid suicidal bonfires-that contribute to global warming. What's up with that? Yep, Texans are the real "gimme" and "I feel so sorry for myself" race. And your color, somewhere between pink and purple. No wonder the whole world hates Texans.

I'm aware that people blindly hate Texans in the same manner that people hate Bush. Texans are still saving Katrina victims. I'll ignore the rest of you idiotic rant.

dilloduck said:
I'm aware that people blindly hate Texans in the same manner that people hate Bush. Texans are still saving Katrina victims. I'll ignore the rest of you idiotic rant.

I forgot to add, and they want the US taxpayers to pay the price for their lack of a sense of humor. Duh!

Nuc said:

Nuc, you're such transparent, half pint, little poser. You've had your ass beat so bad you had to change your name. Why don't you get a clue.

Nuc said:
I forgot to add, and they want the US taxpayers to pay the price for their lack of a sense of humor. Duh!

Jokes are usually funny. That's how people know they're jokes.

rtwngAvngr said:
Nuc, you're such transparent, half pint, little poser. You've had your ass beat so bad you had to change your name. Why don't you get a clue.

Genius#2, see above post. I was paraphrasing the arguments your brethren use against blacks and applying it to Texans. It's a joke. The other joke is that people like you and dillo prop up that Joyce Nazi. Why do you want to associate yourselves with scum like that?

Nuc said:
Genius#2, see above post. I was paraphrasing the arguments your brethren use against blacks and applying it to Texans. It's a joke. The other joke is that people like you and dillo prop up that Joyce Nazi. Why do you want to associate yourselves with scum like that?

Because I hate to see white people flogging themselves, passing legislation to discriminate against their own race based on the lie that black people's problems are always white people's fault.

Nuc said:

I'm not here to prop up anyone. I'm trying to sort out the truth and look for solutions. I'm still waiting for your answer.

Nuc said:
You're looking in the wrong thread!

In other words blacks are stupid, they are just lazy and stubborn and should be moved somewhere where they all will be by themselves and won't bother anyone?? Heil Hitler !

dilloduck said:
In other words blacks are stupid, they are just lazy and stubborn and should be moved somewhere where they all will be by themselves and won't bother anyone?? Heil Hitler !

Not as stupid as Nazis.
:finger3:

Nuc said:
Not as stupid as Nazis.
:finger3:

Who gave the "solution" of moving the "ghettos"? Simply moving them to another geographic location might make the cities look better but certainly isn't going to improve their lot in life. Taking them further from their jobs so that they have to pay for the commute?

no1tovote4 said:
Who gave the "solution" of moving the "ghettos"? Simply moving them to another geographic location might make the cities look better but certainly isn't going to improve their lot in life. Taking them further from their jobs so that they have to pay for the commute?

Read my post. I didn't suggest moving the ghettos. I merely said that the Europeans were smarter than we were when they located their ghettos away from the historic centers, thereby preserving them. Do you disagree?

Nuc said:
Read my post. I didn't suggest moving the ghettos. I merely said that the Europeans were smarter than we were when they located their ghettos away from the historic centers, thereby preserving them. Do you disagree?
Why----are you inferring that groups of blacks would destroy any place they live?

Nuc said:
Not applicable. European ghettos don't necessarily consist of black people.

ok--any group of poor people needs to be stuck somewhere on a project out of town because they ruin the inner city. Closer?

dilloduck said:
ok--any group of poor people needs to be stuck somewhere on a project out of town because they ruin the inner city. Closer?

Cities have personalities, otherwise why even name them? Just number them. Smart cities don't allow the historic centers and the fine architecture get destroyed. If it's destroyed by poor people, blacks or whoever, the city government has failed.

Forum List

Back