Ta-ta, Justice Kagan!

Gore won the Popular vote.

Bush..in a state where is his BROTHER was govenor, and his campaign manager was Secretary of State..and his cousin on FOX news announced he won the state..had an interesting night in Florida.

Of course...NONE of that means anything to you.

Does the FACT that all of the recounts went Bush's way mean nothing to you?

We are talking about numbers so small that the data is suspect.

Seriously.

The number is the number. If that number had gone Gore's way, would you still be saying that it's suspect?

It's over. Time to review today's news.

Bush..in a state where is his BROTHER was govenor, and his campaign manager was Secretary of State..and his cousin on FOX news announced he won the state..had an interesting night in Florida.

Seriously.

When JFK won, he won by the equvalent of one vote per precinct.

"Kennedy was elected with a lead of 112,827 votes, or 0.1% of the popular vote, giving him a victory of 303 to 219 in the Electoral College, the closest since 1916."

So we should have had a do-over, eh?

"We are talking about numbers so small that the data is suspect.

Seriously!"

Sally....as Rod Steiger said to Marlon Brando, in "Waterfront," ...this ain't your night.

Take a drink, lie down, and come back another day (under an alias).

Seriously.

The number is the number. If that number had gone Gore's way, would you still be saying that it's suspect?

Sure.

First off..the number was extremely small. Well within margin of error. Alaska recently had a senate vote where almost the same thing happened. But that's even without the things I listed that should have made anyone discount the Florida election.

There were a good many MAJOR reasons that the vote was terribly flawed. Any ONE of them would have elicted, at the very least, a close review of Florida's protocols involving Federal elections. But everything I listed made it a "perfect storm". And I am pretty sure, given some time and reflection..it will be overturned.

Seriously.

"Kennedy was elected with a lead of 112,827 votes, or 0.1% of the popular vote, giving him a victory of 303 to 219 in the Electoral College, the closest since 1916."

Seriously!"

Sally....as Rod Steiger said to Marlon Brando, in "Waterfront," ...this ain't your night.

Nixon quit.

Or did you forget to 'google, cut and paste' that.

Seriously.

Sure.

First off..the number was extremely small. Well within margin of error. Alaska recently had a senate vote where almost the same thing happened. But that's even without the things I listed that should have made anyone discount the Florida election.

There were a good many MAJOR reasons that the vote was terribly flawed. Any ONE of them would have elicted, at the very least, a close review of Florida's protocols involving Federal elections. But everything I listed made it a "perfect storm". And I am pretty sure, given some time and reflection..it will be overturned.
funny-pictures-i-have-this-penetrating-stare.jpg

I'm sorry, my disbelief is showing.

Sure.

funny-pictures-i-have-this-penetrating-stare.jpg

I'm sorry, my disbelief is showing.

So is your epidermis.

Yes, your epidermis is your hair, so technically true. wait a moment...

... HA HA!

And that's not the issue. The issue is whether or not a Supreme Court Justice can be compelled by Congress to recuse themselves from cases of possible conflict of issues.

Scalia has presided over cases..most notably Bush v. Gore..where there were clear conflicts of issues.

So..if this comes to pass..are Scalia's decisions in jeporady as well? Or is it only this particular justice in this particular case. Because there are more coming up that will have the same exact sorts of issues for Judge Thomas as well.

Aside from the SCOTUS, who won the Bush-Gore election?

Now be carefull....this is a one-question test of your political acumen...so the pressure is on!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44]‪Jeopardy! Think Music, 1960s 1984-1997‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

None of the people you just listed had any power over the local election districts. They had no access and no means to tamper with votes. The entire issue was whether Gore could force a recount of 3 select Counties using Unconstitutional guidelines ( State Laws apply here and the Federal law that States a State may not change their procedures DURING a recount.)

Once again for the slow and stupid, the recount as conducted under existing State law in Florida was a win for Bush. The only chance Gore had was to CHANGE the procedure for what was allowed as a valid vote. That is Unconstitutional both at the State and the Federal Level.

Gore made outrageous claims. One he claimed in dimple in a voter card for him was somehow a vote, The State law said not so. He claimed that the cards were made to confuse, ignoring the fact that in all 3 Counties DEMOCRATS designed and ordered the cards after a vote by the election board in the local district ( 2 were controlled by Democrats, one had a republican on the board), ignoring also the fact that those very same designs had been used numerous times before. Gore demanded any vote for I think it was Buchanan be counted as a vote for him. Again illegal and unconstitutional under both State and Federal Law.

The local Court agreed with Bush but when it went to the Florida Supreme Court 4 Democrats voted their politics not the law. Personally my opinion is they should have been impeached for that. State law was clear on the procedures. Federal law was clear on the inability of a State to change the rules of an election after the vote.

Seriously.

Seriously!"

Nixon quit.

Changin' the subject?

Guess that means I win, huh?

You are such a dolt...where in the Constitution does it cover 'I Quit'?
You said it was a small number, I showed a 0.1% bump for JFK...and you change the subject.....
....don't worry....like everything else in you meager existence, no one will notice.

Seriously!"

Nixon quit.

Changin' the subject?

Guess that means I win, huh?

You are such a dolt...where in the Constitution does it cover 'I Quit'?
You said it was a small number, I showed a 0.1% bump for JFK...and you change the subject.....
....don't worry....like everything else in you meager existence, no one will notice.

You know what non-sequitur means?

Non sequitur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nixon didn't go to court. He quit.

You post was like most of your posts..a logical leap based on logical fallacies.

My meager existence not withstanding..princess. :lol:

Aside from the SCOTUS, who won the Bush-Gore election?

Now be carefull....this is a one-question test of your political acumen...so the pressure is on!

‪Jeopardy! Think Music, 1960s 1984-1997‬‏ - YouTube

None of the people you just listed had any power over the local election districts. They had no access and no means to tamper with votes. The entire issue was whether Gore could force a recount of 3 select Counties using Unconstitutional guidelines ( State Laws apply here and the Federal law that States a State may not change their procedures DURING a recount.)

Once again for the slow and stupid, the recount as conducted under existing State law in Florida was a win for Bush. The only chance Gore had was to CHANGE the procedure for what was allowed as a valid vote. That is Unconstitutional both at the State and the Federal Level.

Gore made outrageous claims. One he claimed in dimple in a voter card for him was somehow a vote, The State law said not so. He claimed that the cards were made to confuse, ignoring the fact that in all 3 Counties DEMOCRATS designed and ordered the cards after a vote by the election board in the local district ( 2 were controlled by Democrats, one had a republican on the board), ignoring also the fact that those very same designs had been used numerous times before. Gore demanded any vote for I think it was Buchanan be counted as a vote for him. Again illegal and unconstitutional under both State and Federal Law.

The local Court agreed with Bush but when it went to the Florida Supreme Court 4 Democrats voted their politics not the law. Personally my opinion is they should have been impeached for that. State law was clear on the procedures. Federal law was clear on the inability of a State to change the rules of an election after the vote.

What the fuck are you talking about? Kathleen Harris was the secretary of state..she certified the vote.

Honestly..you guys are ridiculous.

in my opinion, scalia and thomas are the most ethics impaired justices i've ever seen....

this threads another fauxrage thread

poor PC....

1. Of course, being as doctrinaire as you are, your opinion is highly suspect.

2. There was no 'rage' of any sort in the OP....try to be more articulate.

3. I note that you deftly avoid any reference to the Leftist pawn, Kagan, who
served to shore up Obamacare, denied she did so, and will now be asked to
pass judgement on same....
....your studied attempt to ignore same speaks to the rectitude of the OP.

4. And, as you bring up 'most ethically impaired,' let's review Kagan fabrication in the case of partial-birth abortion:

Original Report:The ACOG “could identify no circumstances under which this procedure, (partial birth abortion), . . . would be the only option to save the life or preserve the health of the woman.”

Kagan Revised:
PBA (partial-birth abortion) "may be the best or most appropriate procedure in a particular circumstance to save the life or preserve the health of a woman."

ACOG’s [American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists] panel of scientists never read nor approved Kagan’s “revision”; yet it was this misleading statement, completely opposite the meaning of the ACOG scientists' findings, that was presented to the Supreme Court. And it was this false statement that led the Supreme Court to overturn Nebraska’s Partial Birth Abortion ban and 29 other state laws where We the People forbid this evil, torturous practice of delivering all but a baby’s head, killing the child, then completing the birth of the murdered infant's corpse.

The evidence is irrefutable, Elena Kagan clearly defrauded the Supreme Court into ruling against the will of the People and in accordance with the wishes of the death-dealing Abortion lobby.

After her tainted confirmation, Declaration Alliance and Freedom Watch filed a complaint before the Supreme Court to have Elena Kagan disbarred for this unbelievably fraudulent and criminal activity. We are continuing to pursue legal action through the (painfully slow) Court system on this complaint. This troubling issue was even raised by Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Lindsey Graham (R- SC) in Kagan’s confirmation hearings. But Kagan lied under oath, telling the entire Senate and the American public that she did not defraud the court, even though the proof to the contrary was in her own handwriting! Sadly, decent and courageous Republicans, and conscientious Pro-Life Democrats simply did not have enough votes to keep abortion-loving leftist Senators from pushing Kagan onto the highest court in the land.
IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS FOR KAGAN?
(emphasis mine)

And, here:

In a letter released Monday, Dr. Koop accuses Kagan of inappropriately suggesting language to the American Council on Obstetric and Gynecology for a 1997 statement on the utility of partial-birth abortion techniques. He also alleges that her comments to the Senate Judiciary Committee about the controversy were untrue.

Former Surgeon General Koop slams Kagan - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

5. So, it seems that you had best retract and reverse your post, 'else you may become known as the "most ethics impaired"...

Poor, poor Jillian.
Ta-ta.

Forum List

Back