T-shirts saying 'stand for the flag, kneel for the cross' draw protest at school

Comrade The Purge has his back to the photographer.
Jake, having been watching for several months, I have found you to be head cheerleader for the non-patriots, you can't help making a fool out of yourself with each new post!

Fascism will come wrapped in a flag and carrying a Bible. ~ Sinclair Lewis 1935

Lewis was wrong. Fascism came wrapped in a flag and carrying a Koran.

Shepard-GreaterThanFear-Flag-Hijab-1.jpg

Liberal scum are everywhere....the only way to stop it is a SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION, sorry to say! Free speech is only for subversives that have their security clearances taken away...right Brennan!

You would be hard-pressed to find anybody in Dodge County, Georgia who does not stand for the national anthem or take a knee to pray. That’s just how it is.

So when the Dodge County High School cheerleaders started selling T-shirts that read, “In Dodge County, we stand for the flag, kneel for the cross,” nobody thought it would cause a controversy.

But, sweet mercy, did it cause a stink.

Dodge County School Board member Shirley Ikedionwu posted a scathing message on Facebook calling the shirts “politically divisive.”

“This shirt is not only one-sided but offensive,” she wrote. “I can’t imagine how our children would feel entering a place that is supposed to be welcoming and accepting of students from all walks of life, beliefs, and perspectives – but instead, they are faced with this type of exclusionary message.”

Proceeds from the patriotic shirts were going to help fund cheerleading competitions. But that did not seem to satisfy the school board member’s anger.

Ikedionwu wrote that she personally contacted school system administrators to voice her concerns.

“At this point, the shirt will no longer be sold,” she declared.

But that’s when local residents and businesses got involved and decided to sell the T-shirts off campus.

“I’m standing because it has the United States flag on it and the cross. Those are two things I will back any day of the week,” said Nikki Mullis, the manager of White Hat Auto in Eastland.

Mullis tells the Todd Starnes Radio Show that people are calling to purchase shirts from across the world. On Thursday they shipped three shirts to Afghanistan.

“This ain’t just Georgia anymore,” she said. “We are a community that when something happens we are all together.”

Read more at foxnews.com ...

584487028_750x422.jpg
Seems kneeling is not such a good thing unless it's in protest.

Ask the alter boys.

Well I guess that's just to gawd dam bad now isn't it. If others have to deal with those who don't believe, and those who have allah etc, why it's our ....................... right to have a t shirt such as this. Don't like it beech move the fk to China.

Well I guess that's just to gawd dam bad now isn't it. If others have to deal with those who don't believe, and those who have allah etc, why it's our ....................... right to have a t shirt such as this. Don't like it beech move the fk to China.

The hag doesn't have a leg to stand on

The Purge has been doing nothing of the sort. He name calss as a noob coming to bat for the Christian far right. People like you make term terms like "patriot" filth in your mouths. You have no idea about what you are talking, because you are mixing up religion and public school.

The cheerleaders can't sell these items as representatives of a tax-supported public school.

Their sponsors off campus can.

The Purges are the type that exactly shows why a strong separation of church and state is required.

The 85% of America who are non-evangelical do not want to live by their religious beliefs in the public forum. A public school is part of that forum.

Fascism can come wrapped in a flag with a Bible, a Torah, a Koran, or a whatever.

This is why we have separation of church and state.

If you wanted them fused, move to Iran.

Azogthedefiledone, I know my role and take great pride in resisting fascism in America.

Wow. If those on the left are not going to hesitate to exercise their freedom of speech, why should the rest of us?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. When are they going to learn that the bigger tantrum that they throw, the more attention whatever it is that they hate is being given on a silver platter?

Forum List

Back