T-shirts at a memorial service aren't political?

I didn't watch the entire speech. Actually, I didn't watch much of it at all. I kept switching back to see if he was done and every time I did, people were applauding. I don't know what Obama was saying or how he was saying it, I only know that there seemed to be an awful lot of applause and 'cheering' if you will, which I find odd at a memorial service for people gunned down by a loon. Just sayin'.

I didn't make it through the Mexican-American Indian non-witchdoctor guy.

All the cheering and applause turned me off.

I guess they buy him ammunition for Christmas? You really astound me with your ability to run from the truth and protect the guilty.

I dont remember reading anything about them buying his ammo.

These parents did not want this to happen.

I think its unfair to characterize them this way without evidence.

This young man was very likely a Paranoid schizophrenic.

That is a brain chemistry unbalence.

He was out of his mind.

Yet able to premeditate the entire attack over time. How do you like your assasins fried? Medium or well done? Throw the parents in jail too.

That is contrary to American laws

I dont remember reading anything about them buying his ammo.

These parents did not want this to happen.

I think its unfair to characterize them this way without evidence.

This young man was very likely a Paranoid schizophrenic.

That is a brain chemistry unbalence.

He was out of his mind.

Yet able to premeditate the entire attack over time. How do you like your assasins fried? Medium or well done? Throw the parents in jail too.

That is contrary to American laws

Harboring an assasin is illegal. Federal law can invoke the death penalty. Be more specific and truthful.

Reminds me of the lab coats for doctors at Obama's healthcare speech in the Rose Garden last year. Also, Obama's use of dead soldiers returning home as a prop. A class act all the way.

I see we're back to the same old shit here!
Someone brought up the Paul Wellstone Memorial service. It was Paul Wellstone's own son that set the tone for the memorial to be more upbeat and rallying-like. That emulated what Paul Wellstone was all about.
Secondly, as pointed out earlier, it obvious the University had put out the t-shirts in an effort to unify the community.
Also, I don't know how many memorials I have gone to for friend or relative, but they were always much more upbeat than traditional funerals.
Lastly, most conservative, moderate and liberal commentators had nothing but praise for Obama and his message. They "got it." Our nation needs to heal itself.
It's clear this morning, that the constant hate crowd didn't get it. I see it in the reactions to the Arizona Memorial or to the Palin video.
This country is going nowhere as long as there is this hate filled divide.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Who paid for them? That will give a clue about their political nature.

They say nothing poltical.

they talk of coming together and thriving.

That is not a poltical message.

You don't see anything as political.

This was not a pep-rally. It was a memorial service.

It's supposed be a time of morning and rememberance of the victims, not a time to cheer and applaud and hand out T-shirts.

Last edited:
He never went home after the crime.

The parents were never aware of this young mans plans.

They would be in jail if they had.

Please provide your source of this proof.

He was arrested on the spot. The police are not investigating the parents.

You have any proof they were in cohoots with thier boy?

I was unaware the investigation was closed. Seems as if everyone else around him knew he was unstable and a threat. He lived at home, the parents bear some level of responsibility for not seeking help.

Who paid for and made them? Why?

Shirts sit on the back of chairs before a memorial service for ... - Yahoo! News Photos

capt.ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-ffb533d16d6548058df1085e682a679d-0.jpg

r51761037.jpg

I only got to hear about the first 5 minutes of Glenn Beck this morning, but he was oddly favorable to Obama's speech.

He was an adult under our laws.

They are not under investigation for the crime as far as I know.

If I ever have a memorial service I would want it to be up beat. You think the peole who died would want it to be some depressing event?

Forum List

Back