T.O To Eagles

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1760284&partnersite=espn

Hated to see T.O. leave the Niners but there is a silver lining in every cloud and the Ravens are screwed now. They traded Robinson to Minnesota, T.O. went to Philly so basically they will throw the ball to Heap who will get double and triple coverage because they have no other reciever on that team. I love it! Die Ravens fan! Couldn't happen to a better team lol

I agree! I hate them stinking ratbirds. I was originally a die-hard Cowboy hater for many years. Then my hatred moved on to the Jaguars. Although I still despise them 2, I think the ratbirds are on the top of my shitlist now.

thats a new one for me ratbirds...I love it!!!..T.O. to the eagles rains on my parade though....they were tough enough before!!! Oh well if the Boys cant do it...GO NFC!!!!!!!!!

espn said it best:

"T.O. has learned that if he whines and cries and stomps his feet long enough, he'll get his way...his very self-centered way"

First i'm a Niners fan. Yes T.O. does throw fits and whines to the press alot but nobody can deny his greatness on the field and he's never been accused of not giving 100%. I'm not bothered by this as its happening to the, to borrow a phrase from Jimmy, "The Ratbirds" lol. You have to live in this area to understand, Ravens fans believe they are a dynasty, 1 super bowl, thats it and they are a dynasty? These people are obnoxious.

Originally posted by OCA
First i'm a Niners fan. Yes T.O. does throw fits and whines to the press alot but nobody can deny his greatness on the field and he's never been accused of not giving 100%. I'm not bothered by this as its happening to the, to borrow a phrase from Jimmy, "The Ratbirds" lol. You have to live in this area to understand, Ravens fans believe they are a dynasty, 1 super bowl, thats it and they are a dynasty? These people are obnoxious.

To be a great player, you have to do more than perform on the field. The Field isn't where greatness is created, it's where off-the-field greatness is displayed.

So you are saying T.O. is not a great or even good player? Because just about every team in NFL was after him.

Originally posted by OCA
So you are saying T.O. is not a great or even good player? Because just about every team in NFL was after him.
I'm saying there's more to greatness than catching passes.

I'm saying most teams would be better off without him.

He's one of the top 3 recievers in a league that is wide reciever poor. He cares unlike alot of players in the league who gather their paycheck and go through the motions. I'm not excusing any of the sideline shouting matches which were a distraction but the dancing on the Dallas star, TREMENDOUS! Signing the football on Monday night, HILARIOUS! He's a great addition to the Eagles and if all goes right that should be enough to get them to next level.

DMP who's your team out of curiosity? I'm guessing Dallas but logic says the Seahawks.

Originally posted by OCA
He's one of the top 3 recievers in a league that is wide reciever poor. He cares unlike alot of players in the league who gather their paycheck and go through the motions. I'm not excusing any of the sideline shouting matches which were a distraction but the dancing on the Dallas star, TREMENDOUS! Signing the football on Monday night, HILARIOUS! He's a great addition to the Eagles and if all goes right that should be enough to get them to next level.

DMP who's your team out of curiosity? I'm guessing Dallas but logic says the Seahawks.

I don't have a team. This thread isn't about 'teams' - it's about a cry-baby-millionaire with no tact, professionalism, or self/team respect. Care? TO cares about TO.

I'm a Seahawks fan. :)
and (not just sucking up) a Steelers Fan.

Going to be a Redskins fan too - because I'm a Shawn Springs Fan.

Am a Packers Fan - because of what Favre does...

Steve Largent....Great Reciever...Better Person...Much better player than TO ever will be, unless TO gets ahold of himself, and grows up.

I'm not a big fan of Terrell's ego... but I will have to say that yes, he is an excellent receiver that walks the talk on the field. Philly got a good deal. Now, if we were talking about Randy "I Don't Feel Like Playing Today" Moss, it would be a different story.

Oh yeah... GO TEXANS!!!!!

Originally posted by jimnyc
You're a good man, dmp, I don't care what Jeff say's about you! :D

You mean the things he says when he's screaming out my name, in ecstasy?

Originally posted by dmp
I don't have a team. This thread isn't about 'teams' - it's about a cry-baby-millionaire with no tact, professionalism, or self/team respect. Care? TO cares about TO.

I'm a Seahawks fan. :)
and (not just sucking up) a Steelers Fan.

Going to be a Redskins fan too - because I'm a Shawn Springs Fan.

Am a Packers Fan - because of what Favre does...

Steve Largent....Great Reciever...Better Person...Much better player than TO ever will be, unless TO gets ahold of himself, and grows up.

Steve Largent, great reciever even better Republican but how many Super Bowls or even playoff appearances did him and Jim Zorn have?

T.O. cares about winning pure and simple which brings about his sideline fits. Do you think if he was in it for purely the paycheck he would bother with that stuff? To say that Largent was a better reciever than T.O. is lunacy, come on now. I think you are against him for embarrasing the Seahawks on national t.v. lol
God I love arguing sports :)

Originally posted by OCA
Steve Largent, great reciever even better Republican but how many Super Bowls or even playoff appearances did him and Jim Zorn have?

T.O. cares about winning pure and simple which brings about his sideline fits. Do you think if he was in it for purely the paycheck he would bother with that stuff? To say that Largent was a better reciever than T.O. is lunacy, come on now. I think you are against him for embarrasing the Seahawks on national t.v. lol
God I love arguing sports :)

Did I say he was a better receiver? I said Largent was a better 'player' - a better professional. TO cares about winning if TO gets the ball. Period. Naturally, I can only assume this about him because of his tantrums, etc.

What defines Greatness on the field? Playing in superbowls? Winning them? What about playing at a superbowl-and-beyond level on a mediocre team.

Will TO make the Hall of Fame? Honestly, I doubt it. Will TO excel in Philly? He will if he learns quickly that this is McNabb's team...not TO's.

A better professional I think remains to be seen. Would I vote for T.O. in an election? Not on your life. But as in terms of success on the field T.O. is heads and shoulders above most players past and present.

Almost forgot, T.O. is a premier weapon on any team he plays for, Garcia was a punk who couldn't get the ball to him if T.O. was in a lazy boy all alone in the end zone, nobody can cover him and he gets open any time he feels, he was sorely underused by Garcia last year and I think was justified in some part for saying so. How do you not use the best offensive weapon on your team?

Allow me to chime in on the WR conversation.

Hines Ward of the Steelers is the best 'player' that happens to be a WR in the NFL. :D

Team player, outstanding blocker, outstanding receiver, great leader...

Ok, carry on!

:laugh:

Originally posted by jimnyc
Allow me to chime in on the WR conversation.

Hines Ward of the Steelers is the best 'player' that happens to be a WR in the NFL. :D

Team player, outstanding blocker, outstanding receiver, great leader...

Ok, carry on!

:laugh:

ya know? Seriously, when I think of current 'Great Receivers' Ward is for sure on that list. He's a class-act, imo. Another is Bobby Engram.

Forum List

Back