T. Boone Pickens commercial

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
T. Boone Pickens hits the nail right on the head....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2bOug1d20c]YouTube - T. Boone Pickens TV Commercial[/ame]

He's an old idiot. Solar and wind will barely dent our need for fossil fuels. We need nuclear. No. We needed nuclear DECADES AGO. It's the only thing that will make a dent, other than increasing domestic drilling and even that will only be transient.

Solar and wind could make a good contribution if it were used at the end source level. As in solar and wind at people houses, not in big farms feeding the grid. I my self am looking into putting solar panels on my house.

New smaller wind turbines, which are not like a fan, but rather more like a cork screw are something to consider. They can be mounted on a building, or on a pole in your back yard. They need far less wind to produce power, and can produce power from wind coming from any direction with out having to swivel around. They can even be put inside a cage so the tree huggers cant cry about birds getting killed. They have the added bonus of being much cheaper and efficient than traditional fan like Turbines.

I have also read about new water turbines which can be put in rivers, and even tidal areas and efficiently produce power with out the need for a dam.

The answer to our problem is never going to be in one technology, but in using everything we can. Wind, Solar, Nuclear, Etc Etc. Coupled with domestic drilling, Shale oil, more Refineries. Etc.

Do it all I say.

Last edited:
Yeah, if you all want I nice big dose of oil-induced doom, I recommend you check out the boards at lifeaftertheoilcrash.net, they'll really mess up your day.

I agree with Charles, it's really disheartening to see the major candidates go on and on about offshore drilling and shale when all it is doing is investing in a slowly failing commodity. Until we diversify our energy inputs, we're going to basically be laughing carelessly as we drive our suvs right off the cliff.

And as for T. Boone being an "old idiot", at least he's trying to come up with some sort of plan that's actually based on real world data, that's more than I can say for most of the people in power...

He's an old idiot. Solar and wind will barely dent our need for fossil fuels. We need nuclear. No. We needed nuclear DECADES AGO. It's the only thing that will make a dent, other than increasing domestic drilling and even that will only be transient.

The Danes already get 20% of their energy from wind power. The Israelis are building ONE solar power plant that will produce 5% of their energy needs. Algae farms can produce 10,000 gallons of ethanol per acre. We spend $700 billion dollars a year on foreign oil. If we invested that money in alternative energy, we would not need foreign oil.

There's more than enough untapped solar and wind power to solve the problem.

I can see a world where our cars are electric powered by this, as yet, bearly tapped source of power.

Hydrocarbons are retro, they are killing the american economy and they are killing the planet.

The time to start this all was thirty years ago.

And some of you folks still think we could be cutting sweetheart deals with the oil companies?

That astounds me that you have so much faith in these guys and this technology which is so obviously failing us.

There's more than enough untapped solar and wind power to solve the problem.

I can see a world where our cars are electric powered by this, as yet, bearly tapped source of power.

Hydrocarbons are retro, they are killing the american economy and they are killing the planet.

The time to start this all was thirty years ago.

And some of you folks still think we could be cutting sweetheart deals with the oil companies?

That astounds me that you have so much faith in these guys and this technology which is so obviously failing us.

For thirty years our politicians have ignored this problem, but we can solve it. It will require some leadership from the next president.

For thirty years our politicians have ignored this problem, but we can solve it. It will require some leadership from the next president.
Environmentalists (Lawyers) have been getting rich for 30 years fighting nuclear, wind energy and domestic drilling.
These environmentalists make over $20,000 an hour trying to screw the American people out of alternative energy sources.
Democrats take over Congress, oil triples in pirce and gasoline almost doubles in price.

Americans want change! :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back