T-b0w’s hypocritical display of his faith.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
T-B0W’S HYPOCRITICAL DISPLAY OF HIS FAITH.
Jesus call T-Bow’s “showy display of his faith as hypocritical and unacceptable and phony. Bible verses on his body, prayer in public, etc is sacrilegious and not approved by GOD. Faith is a personal relationship with your GOD and I doubt if T-Bow has that or know what that means. Wearing crosses and building with huge crosses on them. Bible slogans on your cars.

Matt;6;5... “take good care not to practice your righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them; otherwise you will have no reward with your father…when you pray you must not be as hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men….they are having their reward in full.”

Last edited:
Jesus call T-Bow’s “showy display of his faith as hypocritical and unacceptable and phony. Bible verses on his body, prayer in public, etc is sacrilegious and not approved by GOD. Faith is a personal relationship with your GOD and I doubt if T-Bow has that or know what that means. Wearing crosses and building with huge crosses on them. Bible slogans on your cars.

Matt;6;5... “take good care not to practice your righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them; otherwise you will have no reward with your father…when you pray you must not be as hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men….they are having their reward in full.”

I always find it interesting when people feel entitled to speak for an invisible deity.

I always find it interesting when people feel entitled to speak for an invisible deity.

The same could be said for half the posters on here.

It's amusing to me to see a dope like LilOlLady criticizing a guy like Tebow by using some Biblical passage which doesn't even apply.

Tebow isn't engaged in "practic[ing his] your righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them] . . . ." He is instead merely willing to acknowledge God and the person he considers to be the Son of God.

And no, he isn't thanking God or Jesus for a touchdown. He is acknowledging that without God, he is nothing. He is willing to be humble before God. And he is not ashamed to do so where others can see him and even mock him.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.
The New International Version of the Bible, Acts 20:24.

Or maybe it has to do with testifying ala: Psalm 145:10-12

“All you have made will praise you, O Lord; your saints will extol you. They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might, so that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.”

Hm. Imagine having a religious duty to "testify?"
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
-- Acts 1:8, New International Version.

Some folks may not care for it. But that doesn't mean that in a land premised in part on religious freedom, a guy like Tebow is not allowed to do it.

Interesting that you think you can define his faith for him, and then turn around and say he is doing it incorrectly. Talk about hypocritical - you are displaying a particular knack for it.

We are in shooting wars and a Presidential race that is probably the most important one in this country's history and folks are worried about a football player and his side show praying to God.

Isn't judging someone against the rules as well.
Maybe you could write a book called "Faith for Dummies" explaining how it is supposed to be done.

Maybe you could write a book called "Faith for Dummies" explaining how it is supposed to be done.

I would guess more football fans care about his ability than his religious beliefs. His beliefs are his right; he should not be judged on how he displays them. SANS violence of course.

I would guess more football fans care about his ability than his religious beliefs. [...]

If that were the case, the Jets would have never scheduled a freaking press conference to announce the acquisition of their new back-up QB.

Different people love Tebow for different reasons -- many Christians see him as a champion of their faith; many non-Christians see him as the butt of their jokes -- but his ability as an NFL QB has no business being anyone's reason.

Different people love Tebow for different reasons -- many Christians see him as a champion of their faith; many non-Christians see him as the butt of their jokes -- but his ability as an NFL QB has no business being anyone's reason.

His ability in the game should NOT be a reason to like or dislike him?

His ability in the game should NOT be a reason to like or dislike him?

I didn't say "dislike", explicitly or implicitly.

"Love" may imply "like"; but it certainly doesn't imply "dislike".

Yes, Peach, many non-Christians love Tebow too!

Haven't you seen any of the SNL Tebow sketches, for Christ's sake?

I know a lot of Tebow fans in North Florida as played for the Gators. No, I didn't watch the latest SNL incarnation.

I know a lot of Tebow fans in North Florida as played for the Gators. No, I didn't watch the latest SNL incarnation.

Without question, he's a talented athlete.

The 'question' is: what the Hell is he doing behind center?

That wildcat shit can only mask his inability to throw for so long. Sooner or later Tebow's gonna live (or more likely) die by the pass.

Without question, he's a talented athlete.

The 'question' is: what the Hell is he doing behind center?

That wildcat shit can only mask his inability to throw for so long. Sooner or later Tebow's gonna live (or more likely) die by the pass.

Tim Tebow Traded to the Jets - Behind the Steel Curtain

Tebow mania may be dying out.........................................

I would guess more football fans care about his ability than his religious beliefs. His beliefs are his right; he should not be judged on how he displays them. SANS violence of course.

I don't think his religion no matter what a person thinks should be criticized. That is his business.

Forum List

Back