System to check gun purchasers has major problems

how about a system to keep out Illegal immigrants from invading our country?

that ISN'T THEIR RIGHT like our second amendment is

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Guns and mental health do not mix. There needs to be better checks for mental stability. Someone who is Bi-Polar may be fine when they are medicated, but a walking disaster when they are not. There needs to be greater safeguards in the system. If the NRA allows it....of course.
Well, no shit .... really? Are you just now figuring this out? Have you been hiding in a cave for the past decade? This has been discussed and debated for years now. Just curious, are you that far behind the times? Don't you read the daily headlines and check various news media to stay current?............ Geez ........ wake up, the world is out there beyond your bubble .... pay attention to what's going on in the world, and especially here in the U.S..

Criminals should be dispensed with. Crazy people should be locked up.

All others should be left alone.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Guns and mental health do not mix. There needs to be better checks for mental stability. Someone who is Bi-Polar may be fine when they are medicated, but a walking disaster when they are not. There needs to be greater safeguards in the system. If the NRA allows it....of course.

Louisiana passed a law that would have stopped this shooter from being able to purchase a gun.

I'll get the link.

Criminals should be dispensed with. Crazy people should be locked up.

All others should be left alone.

As far as I know this crazy had been committed before. He was one whacked out dude.

You know how in almost every shooting people say "Gee he was a quiet nice guy who loved to feed the birds so this is a surprise"?

Well everything I've read about this guy people say "oh hell yeah. He was crazy. Just a matter of time."

Here it is!

"Speaking on CBS's 'Face The Nation', Jindal said that the state's systems should have ensured that Houser - who was previously committed for mental illness - could not legally purchase the firearm.

'That never should have happened. Here in Louisiana, we actually passed tougher laws a couple of years ago,' the Republican presidential candidate said from outside the Grand 16 Theater.

He explained that, under these laws, if Houser had been involuntarily committed in Louisiana - as revealed in court papers - this would have been reported to the national background check system."

This information, in turn, would have prevented him from being able to legally buy a gun, he said.

'Every time this happens it seems like the person had a history of mental illness,' Jindal said.

'We need to make sure that the systems we have in place actually work.'

The governor urged states to strengthen their laws on gun control.

''Every state should make sure this information is being reported in the background system. We need to make sure that background system is working,'

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal breaks his silence on gun control Daily Mail Online

The system will work if the mental health professionals do their job. They are required to report things to the database. If they don't, it is not the system that failed. It is the people who are supposedly trained to treat the crazies.

No law will prevent insane people from doing insane things. No law will prevent criminals from not committing crime.

The best solution is to allow the law abiding citizen to exercise their second amendment right and arm themselves everywhere they go. Stop with the "gun free" bullshit.

It says a lot when you have armed security guarding your money at the bank but none guarding our children at schools and movie theaters.

No law will prevent insane people from doing insane things. No law will prevent criminals from not committing crime.

The best solution is to allow the law abiding citizen to exercise their second amendment right and arm themselves everywhere they go. Stop with the "gun free" bullshit.

It says a lot when you have armed security guarding your money at the bank but none guarding our children at schools and movie theaters.
lone star that's an America I don't want to live in.

I think a better America would to reverse the trend started by Regean and invest in mental hospitals instead of throwing every one in prison and let them deal with the insane and criminals , they can't handle it.

I think a better America would to reverse the trend started by Regean and invest in mental hospitals instead of throwing every one in prison and let them deal with the insane and criminals , they can't handle it.

Tell me, how are you going to identify an "insane" person and prevent them from doing insane criminal acts?

How can you prevent a crazy person from stealing a gun and using it?

BTW I said nothing about sending them to prison.

Tell me, how are you going to identify an "insane" person and prevent them from doing insane criminal acts?

How did they do it before regean started to close the mental hospitals?

I guess by paid professionals?

Prisons today are for profit money makers, it is a bussiness in case you have not read.

How did they do it before regean started to close the mental hospitals?

I guess by paid professionals?

Prisons today are for profit money makers, it is a bussiness in case you have not read.

You tell me how they did it. It's your dream.

Oh, you guess. So you really don't know. I guess the insane are supposed to come to you and say "hey, I'm crazy. Send me to a mental hospital."

I suppose in your Pollyanna world that would happen.

So prisons are a business. Stop committing crimes is the only way to put them out of business.

Forum List

Back