Syrian Kurdish city declares independence without violence

I hope so, the Kurds are the only people in that region besides Israel with any kind of sense.

Yeah, the Kurds really have gotten a raw deal for many many years. The International Community has ignored their plight. They turned their backs on them. What Turkey and Iraq have done to them, amounts to Genocide. It's good to see them standing up and making some gains. But shame on the International Community for not coming to their aid.

I agree 100%, those folks over there deserve better. Their the only people in the region not burning American flags and yelling ALLAHU AKBAR in the streets.

Well said. The International Community really has behaved shamefully when it comes to the Kurds. Too busy kissing Turkey,Iraq, and Syria's asses all these years. They've completely ignored the Kurdish Genocide being carried out by those Nations. They've backed the wrong horses. They should be standing up for the Kurdish People.

This is a wise strategic move for Syria. Their relationship with Turkey is very strained, to say the least. They just gave Turkey a very big headache to deal with. Turkey's hopes of invading Syria have probably come to an end with this Syrian maneuver. Turkey now has other things to deal with.

Yeah, the Kurds really have gotten a raw deal for many many years. The International Community has ignored their plight. They turned their backs on them. What Turkey and Iraq have done to them, amounts to Genocide. It's good to see them standing up and making some gains. But shame on the International Community for not coming to their aid.

I agree 100%, those folks over there deserve better. Their the only people in the region not burning American flags and yelling ALLAHU AKBAR in the streets.

Well said. The International Community really has behaved shamefully when it comes to the Kurds. Too busy kissing Turkey,Iraq, and Syria's asses all these years. They've completely ignored the Kurdish Genocide being carried out by those Nations. They've backed the wrong horses. They should be standing up for the Kurdish People.

I agree, I don't get why everyone and their dog are squeeling about the Palestinians having their own country but are quiet as church mice when it comes to the Kurds.The Kurds have the resources and the people to have a successful country of their own, I fully support them in getting their own country. And yes the international community has totally fucked the Kurds and to be honest if we hadn't implemented that no fly zone in 1992 theres no telling how many of them would even be around today.

This is a wise strategic move for Syria. Their relationship with Turkey is very strained, to say the least. They just gave Turkey a very big headache to deal with. Turkey's hopes of invading Syria have probably come to an end with this Syrian maneuver. Turkey now has other things to deal with.

Very true!

I agree, I don't get why everyone and their dog are squeeling about the Palestinians having their own country but are quiet as church mice when it comes to the Kurds.The Kurds have the resources and the people to have a successful country of their own, I fully support them in getting their own country. And yes the international community has totally fucked the Kurds and to be honest if we hadn't implemented that no fly zone in 1992 theres no telling how many of them would even be around today.

Well, that has a lot to do with that whole "Evil Joooz" thing. So that gets a lot more attention. Meanwhile, the International Community has completely turned their backs on the Kurds. How many Kurds have been brutally massacred by the Syrians, Iranians, Turks, and Iraqis? It's been a horrific Genocide. I hope the Kurds do well. That would be real justice.

Well, that has a lot to do with that whole "Evil Joooz" thing. So that gets a lot more attention. Meanwhile, the International Community has completely turned their backs on the Kurds. How many Kurds have been brutally massacred by the Syrians, Iranians, Turks, and Iraqis? It's been a horrific Genocide. I hope the Kurds do well. That would be real justice.

here are some of the genocides done towards us

KurdishMedia.com: News about Kurds and Kurdistan
Roj Bash Kurdistan • View topic - The Anfal Campaign (Iraqi Kurdistan), 1988

They have definently been ignored for far too long, but despite all the genocides and attacks by the Turks, Arabs and Persians the Kurds are still going strong and to be honest they are thriving. They are such a resourceful strong people, I hope they get their own country, they deserve it.

In 1998 Turkey was on the verge of invading Syria.
With Mubarak's mediation Syria surrendered to all Turkish demands in the "Adana Agreement" and an invasion was avoided.
On October 20, 1998, the governments of Turkey and Syria signed the Adana agreement, a remarkable document. In it, Damascus not only agreed to recog-nize the Worker's Party of Kurdistan (Partiya Karkerana Kurdistan, or PKK) as a terrorist organization but pledged to cease all aid to the PKK and to deport its leader Abdullah Öcalan from Syria. (For an unofficial translation of the agreement's full text, see the box on page 24.) Even more striking was the fact that the government of Hafiz al-Asad carried out this completely one-sided agreement and implemented the clause about Öcalan's expulsion before the agreement had been signed. (Öcalan then sought refuge from many countries, including Italy and Kenya, and in February 1999, ended up being captured by Turkish forces.) In other words, the Adana agreement represents a total Syrian surrender to Turkish demands.
(...)
It came at the end of a severe crisis that had begun in mid-September 1998, when Ankara began a series of political and military maneuvers, including an ultimatum from Turkey's president Süleyman Demirel that if Damascus did not cease supporting the PKK, the military option would be used.
A Solution to Syrian Terrorism :: Middle East Quarterly

We make no jokes about the PKK-Issue, no matter over which border they are. If Assad doesn't comply to security-agreements his father signed, we'll kill him and the Army will enter Syria based on "Adana Agreement".

Liberated Kurdish cities in Syrian Kurdistan move into next phase

The Syrian Kurdish National Council, an umbrella group of around a dozen parties, and the Western Kurdistan People's Council together announced the formation of the Supreme Kurdish Council, after a meeting that also included Iraq's Kurdistan president Massoud Barzani.
"We are constantly in touch with Kurdistan president Massoud Barzani regarding the situation in Syria and keep each other updated says Abdulbasit Sayda, the leader of the country’s largest opposition group, the Syrian National Council (SNC)". read the rest here
Liberated Kurdish cities in Syrian Kurdistan move into next phase

In 1998 Turkey was on the verge of invading Syria.
With Mubarak's mediation Syria surrendered to all Turkish demands in the "Adana Agreement" and an invasion was avoided.

yeah yeah, we know turkey is the US of ME, :lol:.

that was 1998, however in case you have been sleeping, its now 2012 and the era of dictators and Ottoman has ended , so turkey can not even threaten a mice no more, thanks to the Arab spring of course, they have helped the kurds unintentionally and indirectly.:D

560700_425491817472482_1806341937_n.jpg

PNA - The head of the Syrian National Council, a kurdish descendant Abdulbasid Seyda said that Kurdish people in Syria were on the side of the revolutions.

Peyamner News Agency:- Kurdish People In Syria On The Side Of Revolution, SNC Head says

Last edited:
that was 1998, however in case you have been sleeping, its now 2012 and the era of dictators and Ottoman has ended , so turkey can not even threaten a mice no more, thanks to the Arab spring of course, they have helped the kurds unintentionally and indirectly.:D

Since then our economy more than trippled, and we've practized horizontal and vertical expansion of the Army's capabilities.
We're undoubtfully winners of the new millenium.

The rest what you say is too dumb for me. You have no sense of reality whatsoever. To keep it short for you: No "Syrian Kurdistan" for you.

next is northern kurdistan as 2 parts are now free, 2 more to go. and when US-Israel attack iran, Eastern kurdistan will be freed by the kurdish iranian forces currently taken refuge in south kurdistan.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the situation in Syria has created a vacuum in some north-eastern parts of Syria and PKK tries to hijack the situation, especially in Qamisli.
It's a city of about 180.000 people.
FSA will retake the city again, they spend the blood in the fight against Assad and they won't let free-riders carve-away anything from Syria.
The civilian population there must decide on which side they stand, if they choose wrong, they'll go down together with Assad.

@Kirkuki
Before you dream about "North Kurdistan" which in your language probably stands for Turkey, make Turkey go out of North-Iraq. Our Army and Airforce enter at will and we've military bases there. We own you economically, and Turkish Oil-companies are leading the oil-development projects there, and US companies are following after the decision to build a pipeline into Turkey (constructed by a Turkish company, too).
You don't sit on the negotiation-table. USA didn't invade Iraq for North-Iraqis to make any demands. You exist for your ressources to be exploited. Good morning.

Forum List

Back