Syrian Army will retake Raqqa City – Iranian official

I see. So when you said about punishing Iraqi peshmerga you meant retaking of Kirkuk by the Iraqi forces, right? And you don’t think that creation of the Kurd state is a matter of time?
Kirkuk and other places. A Kurd state is not likely. "Kurdistan" is surrounded by countries that don´t want it. They can isolate the Kurds and with the loss of Kirkuk, they have no more income. Let´s not forget that "Kurdistan" is ruled by corrupt "politicians". Even Turkey has provided several emergency infusions of capital to prevent the breakdown. Peshmerga fighters were not paid and sold their arms to ISIS for food. Also, the Kurds are at each others´ throats. They just behave like the "rebel" groups in Syria.
I think that creation of the Kurd state is a matter of time. The significant issue is that the Kurd territories don’t have access to the sea and without resolving this issue there is no point in the creation of the state. Access can be direct (unlikely) or through the territory of some friendly state (or states). Syria and Iraq as states we know them now won’t exist in the future.

It is interesting how many not corrupt politicians you can find especially in the Middle East. I haven’t heard anything about Turkey providing help for the Iraqi Kurdistan. Do you have any link?

The Kurds are good fighters. Their gains in Iraq and especially in Syria prove this. Yes, the Kurds aren’t unified in political and cultural terms, and this is one more issue which should be resolved.

Turks are NOT friendly with Kurds-----and actually, actively oppresses them. It the Kurds could take the area of Lebanon south of the Litani River-----which is actually a WASTELAND and does do ANYTHING other than act as a
Fortress for Hezbollah in Iran's ambitious project----then the Kurds will have access to the Mediterranean-----GOOD FOR
EVERYONE. The UN should give them that area-----I think it could be made contiguous with the Kurdish areas of Syria. Kurdistan is a RANGE OF MOUNTAINS-----it is a natural geographical PLACE from Iran, thru Iraq, thru Syria and all the way up to Turkey
Why Netanjahu supports a Kurdish state but not a Palestinian?

what makes you think that he does not support a "Palestinian" state? The terminology is weird----
but if a bunch of arabs want to have a state------called
"Palestinian"-------I see no evidence that Netanyahu would
be against it-------I propose that part of it be in the area of
Lebanon which is south of the Litani river and take most of Jordan------and somehow attach Gaza (if Egypt does not mind). I doubt that the Kurds will get ALL OF THE HILLS which have harbored kurds over the centuries that are in Iran,
Syria, Iraq and Turkey------Land deals take COMPROMISE
So Netanjahu wants to establish Palestine but the Palestinians reject it?

They don´t have access to anywhere. And there are no friendly states as the Kurds want to take their territory. Syria and Iraq will exist and the Syrian Kurds currently seek a federate state within the Syrian Arab Republic. They saw that nothing happened when Iraq took over Kirkuk and they cannot expect future support from the US.
Creation of Kurd state and partitioning of Syria and Iraq won’t happen today or tomorrow. It is relatively long and complicated matter. And there will be a range of interim decisions on this way.

Thanks for the links. As far as I can understand, the Turkish aid came because of some issues with selling the Kurdish oil rather than corruption of the Kurd officials per se. Anyway, the role of Turkey (which should be a natural enemy to any Kurd state at the first sight) in economical life of Iraqi Kurdistan is an interesting point of discussion.

This can be doubted. Their gains in Syria are made when ISIS throws everything they have against the Syrian army. SDF only faces ISIS with light arms, they still needed months to take encircled Raqqa despite heavy air support and their losses were massive. They also have cooperated with ISIS against the Syrian army recently. The same applies for the Peshmerga. They just run away.
You can doubt all you want. But what I can see is that the Kurds are now in control of almost the third of Syria. This proves something I think.

If you want to claim that the very burden of defeating Isis is borne by the Syrian army then it is just propaganda and I don’t want to waste time on it.

It seems you are overestimating my knowledge of the groups who fight in Syria and Iraq. Who are all these people?
ISF (Iraqi Security Forces), that is the Iraqi military, and the PMU, the Popular Mobilization Units, which consists of Shiite militias. Also, police units partake.
I see. So when you said about punishing Iraqi peshmerga you meant retaking of Kirkuk by the Iraqi forces, right? And you don’t think that creation of the Kurd state is a matter of time?
Kirkuk and other places. A Kurd state is not likely. "Kurdistan" is surrounded by countries that don´t want it. They can isolate the Kurds and with the loss of Kirkuk, they have no more income. Let´s not forget that "Kurdistan" is ruled by corrupt "politicians". Even Turkey has provided several emergency infusions of capital to prevent the breakdown. Peshmerga fighters were not paid and sold their arms to ISIS for food. Also, the Kurds are at each others´ throats. They just behave like the "rebel" groups in Syria.
I think that creation of the Kurd state is a matter of time. The significant issue is that the Kurd territories don’t have access to the sea and without resolving this issue there is no point in the creation of the state. Access can be direct (unlikely) or through the territory of some friendly state (or states). Syria and Iraq as states we know them now won’t exist in the future.

It is interesting how many not corrupt politicians you can find especially in the Middle East. I haven’t heard anything about Turkey providing help for the Iraqi Kurdistan. Do you have any link?

The Kurds are good fighters. Their gains in Iraq and especially in Syria prove this. Yes, the Kurds aren’t unified in political and cultural terms, and this is one more issue which should be resolved.

Turks are NOT friendly with Kurds-----and actually, actively oppresses them. It the Kurds could take the area of Lebanon south of the Litani River-----which is actually a WASTELAND and does do ANYTHING other than act as a
Fortress for Hezbollah in Iran's ambitious project----then the Kurds will have access to the Mediterranean-----GOOD FOR
EVERYONE. The UN should give them that area-----I think it could be made contiguous with the Kurdish areas of Syria. Kurdistan is a RANGE OF MOUNTAINS-----it is a natural geographical PLACE from Iran, thru Iraq, thru Syria and all the way up to Turkey
No, Lebanon is unlikely. I think that the access to the sea Kurdistan will get through new Sunni states of Iraq or Syria unto Israel. It may be that Jordan will also be a transition point in this route.

Thanks for the links. As far as I can understand, the Turkish aid came because of some issues with selling the Kurdish oil rather than corruption of the Kurd officials per se. Anyway, the role of Turkey (which should be a natural enemy to any Kurd state at the first sight) in economical life of Iraqi Kurdistan is an interesting point of discussion.
There are two sources. Only one is about a corrupt pipeline

You can doubt all you want. But what I can see is that the Kurds are now in control of almost the third of Syria. This proves something I think.
It proves what I said before. It´s mostly uninhabited sands, anyway. There is no Kurdish majority and in Deir Ezor there is not a single Kurd - only oil.

If you want to claim that the very burden of defeating Isis is borne by the Syrian army then it is just propaganda and I don’t want to waste time on it.
Each battle the the Syrian army fights is larger than the whole war fought by the Kurds.
Example:
Raqqa: 15000 SDF against 2000 ISIS with light arms, drones and VBIEDs
Deir Ezzor: At least 10000 ISIS with light and heavy arms, drones and VBIEDs

Of course, the largest battle was that for Aleppo. 50.000 SAA troops surrounded the city.

The Kurds only take advantage from ISIS attacking the SAA. But since you don´t even know the names of the major war parties, you cannot tell what is propaganda and what is news, anyway.

Each battle the the Syrian army fights is larger than the whole war fought by the Kurds.
Example:

Of course, the largest battle was that for Aleppo. 50.000 SAA troops surrounded the city.

The Kurds only take advantage from ISIS attacking the SAA. But since you don´t even know the names of the major war parties, you cannot tell what is propaganda and what is news, anyway.
Yes, my knowledge is not that wide to know all major parties in that war, but even I know that the Aleppo battle has nothing to do with Isis. Good try anyway.

Example:

Yes, my knowledge is not that wide to know all major parties in that war, but even I know that the Aleppo battle has nothing to do with Isis. Good try anyway.
What try?

Example:

What try?
Never mind.

We can see Iraqi Peshmerga puppets being punished without the US lifting a finger.
Maybe this story gives some explanation to that (an article in Russian)
«Роснефть» осталась без нефти и $1 млрд

The article says about a contract between Rosneft and Iraqi Kurdistan according to which the company will get a right to buy up to 70% of crude oil extracted in Kurdistan at the prices below the market level. Rosneft has already paid 1 billion dollars to Kurdistan as a prepayment. According to a Kurdish official it is impossible to fulfill the contract after the loss of Kirkuk, so negotiations between Rosneft and Baghdad are needed. A representative of Iraqi ministry of oil has said that the contract is illegitimate and they aren’t interested in it.

We can see Iraqi Peshmerga puppets being punished without the US lifting a finger.

The article says about a contract between Rosneft and Iraqi Kurdistan according to which the company will get a right to buy up to 70% of crude oil extracted in Kurdistan at the prices below the market level. Rosneft has already paid 1 billion dollars to Kurdistan as a prepayment. According to a Kurdish official it is impossible to fulfill the contract after the loss of Kirkuk, so negotiations between Rosneft and Baghdad are needed. A representative of Iraqi ministry of oil has said that the contract is illegitimate and they aren’t interested in it.
In fact, this oil went to Israel.

Netanyahoo wants "his" Iraqi oil back

What share did Israel have in overall oil exports of Iraqi Kurdistan?

What share did Israel have in overall oil exports of Iraqi Kurdistan?
I don´t know. But I guess all of it was exclusively reserved in exchange for political support.

Forum List

Back