Syria twins reveal fear of barrel bombs and suffocating under rubble

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Imagine if any one of us had to worry about such things at such an early age.

DARREN ADAM1am - 4am
Syria twins reveal fear of barrel bombs and suffocating under rubble
21 September 2016, 15:04

3134b2de9f5d19d224f3b692a42c4cd40a60a9d75891b9b09c68b2b13fe8ca32_3791185.jpg

facebook-share.png

twitter-share.png

googleplus-share.png

Twin six-year-old girls have revealed how their life in Syria is overshadowed by fears the next barrel bomb will leave them suffocating under rubble or with horrific burns.

Speaking from Talbiseh, about eight miles from the war-scarred city of Homs, Safa and Marwa spoke about seeing children burnt and covered in dust.

Safa is scared of being killed by the barrel bombs pushed out of Syrian government aircraft over rebel-held areas.

"I am afraid I will suffocate under the rubble. I am afraid the ceiling will fall over me," says the six-year-old.

Barrel bombs are improvised bombs - usually a barrel-shaped container filled with explosives and dropped from a helicopter.

They are unguided and rarely accurate and have been widely used in areas with civilian populations.

Continue reading at:

Syria twins reveal fear of barrel bombs and suffocating under rubble - World - News - LBC?

War is rough on kids...
icon_omg.gif

Images capture young girl calling for father at hospital after airstrike
Oct. 11, 2016: The 8-year-old girl's family hid under a table and was pulled from rubble after their home was destroyed in the airstrike.
A scared 8-year-old girl in Syria was caught on video Tuesday shouting for her father as nurses wiped blood off her face from injuries sustained in an airstrike. The girl, Aya, was treated at the hospital in Talbiseh and reunited with mother, father and three siblings, who were were also treated after being pulled from the rubble of their house after rockets and mortars destroyed it.

Images-capture-young-girl-calling-for-father-at-hospital-after-airstrike.jpg

Talbiseh, located in northwestern Syria, was targeted by three or four airstrikes, which killed two people and wounded 30, according to the activist group Talbiseh Media Center. Aya and her family were pulled from the rubble of their house, where they hid under a table after hearing nearby explosions. In the video, posted on Facebook by the Talbiseh Media Center, Aya is sitting in the hospital with blood dripping down her forehead and nose, looking confused and frightened.

While crying, she tells a man her name and that the roof of her home fell on her family before calling for her father. Aya was later reunited with her family, who were treated for their own injuries, and the family is now looking for a home to replace the one destroyed in airstrikes.

Images capture young girl calling for father at hospital after airstrike

Forum List

Back