Syria To Be Bombed Within Days

I think this is the wrong thread for me, anyway. Another one has been started so I believe that one will fit me better. Seems this one wants everyone to think exactly. the. same. way.

Some of us never forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki and My Lai and napalm thrown on civilians in WWII and firebombing of hundreds of thousands in cities in Japan and a war of aggression in Iraq and millions of dead in Vietnam.

The US has a history of perpetrating war crimes on innocent civilians,

I do not want to see us carry out more war crimes in Syria.

Last edited:
Skye. if you hit a chemical weapon depot with a cruise missile; what happens to the nasty chemicals being stored there?

WWIII is not going to be a conventional war; actually it should be much worse than that. This should be mankind's first WMD war, and he's just itching to pull the trigger.

If we see a US attack, I will assume an intent to kill more children in Syria. I will see every child who dies as a deliberately killed child who is the victim of US war crimes.

how about not inciting chemical warfare for everyone's sake? The grownups die just as easily as the children... heck the grownups were once children themselves. And just because nations toss uniforms on grownups, it doesn't make them any less human or impervious to death.

nothing quite so stabilizes a region like warfare. And if you can get the world powers to square off in a regional conflict with WMD, now that's a stable situation.

You know, it gets forgotten to the point that people don't even know it happened. During WWII, DuPont developed a clever little device that spit fire sticks in a circle, US military then dropped a gazillion of them on Tokyo and managed to burn one million civilians with their own homes; one million dead in a 24 hour fire. The mission was a great success and all the commanders involved received medals.

Last edited:
If we see a US attack, I will assume an intent to kill more children in Syria. I will see every child who dies as a deliberately killed child who is the victim of US war crimes.

Of course you will see what you want to see, Sherri. I have not doubt of it. Still it is a very bad scene over there and hard to know what is the right thing to do. Unfortunately this one could be the tipping point. I don't think Iran is the tipping point. I believe Syria is. So long as everyone is cool with Russia and China retaliating when we strike I think we are good to go here. ( because they will )

To me it's like lighting the fuse to WWIII. It is most horrific that Al Qaeda is now using sarin gas on the children of Syria but terrorists have no conscience. Dying is dying. No matter what the form - the end result is the same. Look at Hamas. They do the same thing to the Palestinian children. It's horrific. Using children as pawns in a war.

- Jeri

You know, it gets forgotten to the point that people don't even know it happened. During WWII, DuPont developed a clever little device that spit fire sticks in a circle, US military then dropped a gazillion of them on Tokyo and managed to burn one million civilians with their own homes; one million dead in a 24 hour fire. The mission was a great success and all the commanders involved received medals.

Yes, let's talk about that for a minute, Days. You see, history always repeats itself and I've been watching the Chinese warships in waters off Taiwan - there is a very good reason for them being there - the people of Taiwan once again are rising up with the talk of "independence" and this is not sitting well with China. I'm expecting history with trouble in that region - China doing a surprise attack on Taiwan - a USA response to China followed by a checkmate from Russia on USA.

Although Syria appears to be the main focus here - there is alot more to it - consider how this would unfold on a chess board - US makes first move on Syria - China responds with a move on Taiwan... USA makes counter move, Russia takes USA queen - checkmate. Now China aligns back with Japan - pushing Russia back to the gates of Paris, Russia then becomes King in Europe and its on for taking Israel - without a USA to interfere - see what I'm talking about? Syria could well be the tipping point. ( for our own demise ) I see we are getting drawn in here. I also see the motive behind it. - Jeri

^ What kind of chemical weapons do they have?

it's a scam. We don't give a shit what they have and NATO will kill civilians as they lynch Assad.

Civilians and innocent children don't deserve to be killed with chemical weapons.....

So yes... lynch whoever you have to lynch.... no chemical weapons to kill children! is that too hard to understand??????

They bomb those installations and let those chemicals into the air, who will it kill? My guess civilians and innocent children.

But not a word from you over the thousadns of dead children killed at the hands of Assad.

UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin'
Testimony from victims of the conflict in Syria suggests rebels have used the nerve agent, sarin, a leading member of a UN commission of inquiry has said.

Carla Del Ponte told Swiss TV that there were "strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof".

Ms Del Ponte did not rule out the possibility that government forces might also have used chemical weapons.

Later, the commission stressed that it had "not reached conclusive findings" as to their use by any parties.
BBC News - UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin'

Who said you were stupid?
We will just have to agree to disagree on this. Children in Rwanda are being killed too. And India. And all over the world. We cannot keep policing earth.

The India part was bogus but I can understand the compulsion there.

You can post pics of dead children all you want, Sky. Don't forget the ones starving to death in India and Uganda.

The shock value does nothing except make most folks sad and disgusted with this world we live in. And I still stick with my opinion that we need to butt out.

What is up with you and India? :confused:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back