Syria Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by SherriMunnerlyn, May 27, 2013.

1. SherriMunnerlyn

SherriMunnerlyn VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Syrianews Exclusive: Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine

Posted by:*Arabi Souri*May 22, 2013*"Syrianews managed to confirm the news we received a couple of days ago that a Syrian Navy boat destroyed an Israeli submarine off the Syrian coast at 150 meters depth on 02 May 2013 around 2 – 2:30 am. We were not told the type or size of the submarine but we were confirmed it was destroyed.In the details we managed to get: the enemy object was detected and orders were given to one of the nearby boats to destroy it which they did with a torpedo (not told which type), then it was monitored sinking until landing on the seabed off the coast. A heavy movement of Syrian Army helicopters was observed over the site where the submarine was destroyed." Syrianews Exclusive: Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine - SyriaNews I just read the report of this attack. I have not found other sources confirming it, but I will post if I find any. Sherri

2. MHunterB

MHunterB Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    The 'comments' section attached to that 'story' is a real laugh riot: thanks for the comedy routine : ))

3. SherriMunnerlyn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Syrianews Exclusive: Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 By Paul Martinby: Arabi SouriSyrianews.ccMay 22, 2013 "Syrianews managed to confirm the news we received a couple of days ago that a Syrian Navy boat destroyed an Israeli submarine off the Syrian coast at 150 meters depth on 02 May 2013 around 2 – 2:30 am. We were not told the type or size of the submarine but we were confirmed it was destroyed.In the details we managed to get: the enemy object was detected and orders were given to one of the nearby boats to destroy it which they did with a torpedo (not told which type), then it was monitored sinking until landing on the seabed off the coast. A heavy movement of Syrian Army helicopters was observed over the site where the submarine was destroyed." Syrianews Exclusive: Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine | RevolutionRadio.org

4. SherriMunnerlyn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Well, I think it is an interesting website. But it is a huge problem getting accurate news reports of what is happening in Syria. Sometimes, the parties do not want public disclosure of all that is going on. Another article has a photo of a journalist killed a few days ago.

5. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,211
    Considering that the same source says that Israel launched a nuclear strike against Syria I would say that they are full of shit.

6. Billo_Really

Billo_Really Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,535
    It's about time Israel got a little payback!

7. SherriMunnerlyn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    I think you are reading someones comment.

8. SherriMunnerlyn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Well, I first read this article from a thread on a discussion board. And one poster pointed out this happened a day before Israel bombed Syria and perhaps that is why Israel bombed Syria. I agree with you Israel deserves some payback. I am going to enjoy watching Israel reap what she has sown.

9. SherriMunnerlyn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +262
    May0417:20

Israel launches second airstrike in Syria, targeting weapons shipment

"Tags:*ISRAEL*SYRIAIsraeli officials told the Associated Press and Reuters that the target of the airstrike was a consignment of advanced, long-range, ground-to-ground missiles destined for Hezbollah, the political and military organization that dominates Lebanon’s government and has been designated a terrorist organization by the United States.We only have Israel's word the target was weapons. What seems to be happening is that Israel is going to go on with these acts of war against Syria until Syria responds, at which point the US will have their excuse to invade." SYRIA | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

10. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,211
    I think you underestimate the stupidity of the source. They actually think Israel has a time machine.

Did Syria Sink an Israeli Submarine? | Veterans Today