Synchrony has a 13 month CD paying 2.65%

I'm long on Nickel. Be there or be square, boys.

I bailed out of everything else in '07, aside from precious metals.
/----/ WOWZA
Nickel Futures Prices / Nickel Futures Quotes for Q0*0 - Barchart.com

It's a process of continuing growth. :)
/---/ How do you invest in Nickel? ETF?

No, just mining company stock because they're linked to the product market.

Damn,, I miss the late '70s.
/----/ You can thank Slick Willie for taxing Option trades. My broker does not report the trades to the IRS, my accountant includes them because if I'm ever audited I could get slammed.

You can thank Slick Willie for taxing Option trades.

Option trades have always been taxed.
/----/ Not according to my CPA.

My broker does not report the trades to the IRS

Unlikely.
/----/ Fidelity doesn't report them but it' sup to me to do so.

Option trades have always been taxed.
/----/ Not according to my CPA.

Baloney. They've been taxable since at least the early 1980s.
Fidelity doesn't report them

Fidelity does report them.

https://clearingcustody.fidelity.com/app/proxy/content?literatureURL=/9584722.PDF

It’s sad that we think that is a good deal. And yes I agree it is a good deal relative...just saying it is a sad situation. This is a lot of where our pension crisis comes from.
And on a personal note i remember my grandmother living off the interest of 15% CDs or bonds in the 1980’s. She never bought a share of stock in her life. All bonds.

Financial repression - Wikipedia

You have a 13 month CD that pays more?

2% is not good no matter where it's paid

You do realize that a guaranteed rate is a guaranteed loss don't you?

I realize that 2.65% over 13 months is better than 0.04%.

Why not invest in a mutual funs and get a better rate of return?

You do know that is what the bank is going to do with your money they'll pay you 2% and make 9 or 10%

I
And on a personal note i remember my grandmother living off the interest of 15% CDs or bonds in the 1980’s. She never bought a share of stock in her life. All bonds.

Nobody's buying bonds as an ivestment anymore if they're smart about it.

But you're right. Used to be our grandparents could do that. But, with the Fed dictating the terms now, interest rates are totally distorted.

You do know that is what the bank is going to do with your money they'll pay you 2% and make 9 or 10%

The stocks held by the mutual fund might go down.

Sounds like you should buy bank stocks.

I

But you're right. Used to be our grandparents could do that. But, with the Fed dictating the terms now, interest rates are totally distorted.

But you're right. Used to be our grandparents could do that.

When CDs were paying that much, inflation was double digits.

I

Interest rates were distorted in order to pump up the stock market for Barry Soweto. Bubbles everything else too but I did get like a 3 % house refinance.

I

But you're right. Used to be our grandparents could do that.

When CDs were paying that much, inflation was double digits.

That’s true too. And my parents home interest rate was high. But my grandmother bought and pd for her house in the 1940’s.
I’m not pining for high interest rates. I’m just commenting on how different things are. And how different they will be.

Not really

The stocks held by the mutual fund might go down.

Sounds like you should buy bank stocks.

I do

I never buy CDs why tie up money for a year for next to no ROR?

It's almost as bad a choice as lending your money to the government for zero interest so you can get a tax refund check

Forum List

Back