Switzerland will not extradite Roman Polanski

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Switzerland won't send filmmaker Polanski back to U.S. - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Switzerland will not send Oscar-winning filmmaker Roman Polanski to the United States to face child sex charges, the Ministry of Justice announced Monday.

Polanski pleaded guilty to having unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977 but fled to Europe before he was sentenced.

He was arrested in Switzerland last year and has been fighting extradition since then.

Polanski's attorney, Chad Hummel, has been pushing for Polanski to be sentenced without having to return to Los Angeles, California.

I wish I could say I'm shocked or outraged here. But strangely, I'm not either. I just feel really sorry for his victims who have had to suffer because of him.

God grants justice where the laws of man cannot. If he thinks he has escaped it, he's wrong.

I had never heard about this controversy until last year but when I did I looked into it ... thesmokinggun had a copy of the girl's testimony from the trial posted ... holy shit that dude is a true scumbag. He will get his someday.

I've always wondered if Polanski ever showed up at one of the parole hearings of any of the Manson family members including Charles himself unlike Sharon Tates mom and sister Patty did?

From my memory of the case, Polansky had a plea deal, and because of misconduct by the judge, it was tossed. Polansky had good cause to appeal.

but I also kind of agree with the judge. The deal the DA cut with him was unconscionable. Judges aren't bound by plea deals.

Polansky had a pretty hard history. This happened not to long after his wife and friends were brutally murdered. Lots of folks try to excuse him because of what happened to him. Still doesn't change what happened to the girl though. He drugged and raped a 13 year old. He belonged in jail.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I am glad that the Swiss recognized that no crime had occurred.

.:clap2:

What a freaking lie. Obviously you did not read the article.

Switzerland was not making a decision about the severity of the charge or whether Polanski was guilty, Justice Minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf said.

(CNN) -- Switzerland will not send Oscar-winning filmmaker Roman Polanski to the United States to face child sex charges, the Ministry of Justice announced Monday.

Polanski pleaded guilty to having unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977 but fled to Europe before he was sentenced.

He was arrested in Switzerland last year and has been fighting extradition since then.

Polanski's attorney, Chad Hummel, has been pushing for Polanski to be sentenced without having to return to Los Angeles, California.

Leave him alone , women say they mature faster than men anyway.

Leave him alone , women say they mature faster than men anyway.

??

In other words, the US Justice department didn't comply with the rules, so the Swiss tossed the case with prejudice

I had never heard about this controversy until last year but when I did I looked into it ... thesmokinggun had a copy of the girl's testimony from the trial posted ... holy shit that dude is a true scumbag. He will get his someday.

Same here! I didn't know anything about the what he did until his recent arrest. What he was RAPE and not just statutory rape of a minor! He drugged the girl and then forcibly raped her.

He deserves universal condemnation and severe punishment!

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Same here! I didn't know anything about the what he did until his recent arrest. What he was RAPE and not just statutory rape of a minor! He drugged the girl and then forcibly raped her.

He deserves universal condemnation and severe punishment!

He already got it Charles Manson bunch cut his unborn out of Sharon Tate's womb.

Forum List

Back