Swiss arrest Polanski on US request in sex case

This case is a classic example of what's wrong with the Justice system all around.

Explain further dogbert? how is it a bad thing to make a guy who drugged and raped a 13 year old girl, then fled the country after being found guilty, pay for his crime?

Seems like a waste of energy to me.......

Do you have a daughter?

This case is interesting because it puts the Libertarians in an untenable position.
The victim wants the case to go away. Polanski wants the case to go away. So what business is it of the gov't to go enforce the judgment?

Its called the Law, we all live under it and the man was found guilty then fled the country. Sucks for him maybe he should have stayed out of a country that would extradite him for drugging and raping a 13 year old girl.

This case is interesting because it puts the Libertarians in an untenable position.
The victim wants the case to go away. Polanski wants the case to go away. So what business is it of the gov't to go enforce the judgment?

Its called the Law, we all live under it and the man was found guilty then fled the country. Sucks for him maybe he should have stayed out of a country that would extradite him for drugging and raping a 13 year old girl.

So if the gov't passes a law making homosexuality illegal, that's OK? Making smoking marijuana illegal, that's OK?

So if the gov't passes a law making homosexuality illegal, that's OK? Making smoking marijuana illegal, that's OK?

Do you equate Homosexual relationships and smoking pot with raping and drugging a 13 year old girl?

Do you really have that low of an opion of homosexuals and potheads?

• Thanks
Reactions: del
He should spend the rest of his days in jail. There is no statute of limitations for rape, and rightly so.

However, Ribeye's trolling nonsense about queers and libertarians is somehow both wildly retarded and hilariously entertaining. In other words, nice work. :thup:

Do you equate Homosexual relationships and smoking pot with raping and drugging a 13 year old girl?

I didnt equate them, you did.
I asked whether if the gov't passed a law against those things then it would be OK, because that's the law. Simple, no?

it is considered a crime AGAINST THE STATE, as well...her forgiveness now, does not count.

So the State has morals? The state is a separate being, like individuals? How does the state suffer from this private act between two people?

he committed the crime against the State, when he fled....

this man drugged, then sodomized, then vaginally raped a 13 yr old girl....and you, somehow defend this?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE change your userid name....no rabbi derserves to be associated with you, honestly!

I suppose that is why you chose your name, to indirectly blaspheme God and give rabbis a bad name....but why?

I didnt equate them, you did.
I asked whether if the gov't passed a law against those things then it would be OK, because that's the law. Simple, no?

Everyone else other than Rabbi viewing this thread....please answer me one question.

Who was equating gays/potheads with a child rapist? Pilgrim or Rabbi?

Rabbi did.

But in his defense, I don't think he meant for it to come out as it did...I THINK he was TRYING to say just because something is a law doesn't make it right or something to that affect, but who really knows?

Rabbi did.

But in his defense, I don't think he meant for it to come out as it did...I THINK he was TRYING to say just because something is a law doesn't make it right or something to that affect, but who really knows?

Well now if he just said that to me in response you know I would have responded in the following way:

In that case I do understand your point rabbi, that something being a law doesnt make it right.

However, I dont think that the rapist should get off the hook just because of the time since the crime or because the raped girl forgave him. I do think that the child rape laws are valid and are being justly applied in this case.

it is considered a crime AGAINST THE STATE, as well...her forgiveness now, does not count.

So the State has morals? The state is a separate being, like individuals? How does the state suffer from this private act between two people?

he committed the crime against the State, when he fled....

this man drugged, then sodomized, then vaginally raped a 13 yr old girl....and you, somehow defend this?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE change your userid name....no rabbi derserves to be associated with you, honestly!

I suppose that is why you chose your name, to indirectly blaspheme God and give rabbis a bad name....but why?

Is the question really too hard for your pea brain to comprehend? Instead of flaming me try answering the question so we can have some kind of discussion.

Rabbi did.

Well now if he just said that to me in response you know I would have responded in the following way:

In that case I do understand your point rabbi, that something being a law doesnt make it right.

However, I dont think that the rapist should get off the hook just because of the time since the crime or because the raped girl forgave him. I do think that the child rape laws are valid and are being justly applied in this case.
I am not personally disagreeing with you. I already posted that I think Polanski deserves to sit in jail for a very long time.
That isnt the point.
The point is whether the state can really be an offended party here.

So I guess if you drug and rape a minor, and you can dodge it for long enough, then you skate?

Rabbi did.

I am not personally disagreeing with you. I already posted that I think Polanski deserves to sit in jail for a very long time.
That isnt the point.
The point is whether the state can really be an offended party here.

In criminal law matters the state is the only offended party.

Forum List

Back