Swine flu vaccination effort starts Monday: CDC

As for my smoking, I chose that in spite of knowing the dangers, I don't blame anyone but myself and I have no intention of stopping any time soon either. You do realize I work very little now, right? I only earn enough to stay afloat because if I earned more I would lose my housing, so does that tell you anything about my money? ;)

Your socio-economic status isn't germane to this issue. I really was interested in your damages being addressed. I believe in the tort system for this matter. What is germane to the issue is your ignorance of basic medicine.

It's more than a little hypocritical for you to hop on a soapbox and preach about the evils of medication when you partake in one of the most toxic activities known to man.

Don't say the FDA didn't warn you.

Even then, it wasn't right, the money isn't important, my quality of life was ruined, you can't get that back. Lawsuits are bullshit because of that. Patients (like me) lose quality of life because the FDA approves of something and we are taught to "trust the doctors" from a young age, then they fuck us up and all we get is money for it. I want to go back to work, I want to have a life again, but I fucking can't thanks to the idiots, the thing that pisses me off more is that there are perfectly (proven) safe meds for all the problems that these dangerous, untested, and potentially deadly meds help to, but we don't get the safe ones because the FDA doesn't "approve". Explain that shit, go ahead.

Drs. that intentionally "fuck people up" aren't doctors for very long. As it stands, they did the best for you with the knowledge they had at the time. There was no way they could foresee your complications. If they could, they would surely have done something differently. That doesn't make them idiots, it makes them human. The FDA system isn't perfect either, but it's the best we have. A degree of pragmatism has to guide this process. Car makers sometimes produce unsafe automobiles. No one is suggesting abandon driving.

Your solution is too knee jerk to make any sense. It's beyond throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Before I can comment aon any of the magic "safe" medications, I'd have to know what they are first.

I don't know... she's been all over the map on this thread. I can't keep up :lol:

I'd MUCH rather have a doc who "looks it up". Does she think that medicine (or nursing for that matter ;) ) is a static profession? That once you're through school and residency, that's it? No more education?

Even if it was static, it's impossible to keep that much information in your head. I haven't been around many Drs. who didn't have texts and references ready.

Doctors or nurses who think they know everything are dangerous.

Here's the thing, you need to not trust the government to babysit you, you need to start looking into your own healthcare and stop being lazy. That's my point.

No, that's what people assume. My point is that they have the same information you do, people need to start taking an active role in their health, anyone who doesn't question the doctor I laugh at when they get their lives fucked up now.

A.) I fully agree that people should take an active role in their own health. Far beyond the dangers of pharmacology, if people simply ate healthier and stopped blatantly unhealthy activities (like smoking), we would be a much healthier and productive society.

B.) Few if any patients have the "same information" or expertise as a Dr. or nurse. Patients should certainly do research and question their Drs. on issues that concern them, but medical licenses are not handed out in cracker jack boxes.

C.) It's not nice to laugh at other people's misfortunes.

Here's the thing, you need to not trust the government to babysit you, you need to start looking into your own healthcare and stop being lazy. That's my point.

And you need to stop smoking before you get COPD or worse.

I mean, I just wanted to put that in there, since we are dispensing medical advice.

I am fully capable of, and have, researched this area and have had some formal training on it. If, in your opinion, "looking into your own healthcare" requires spreading the same misinformation that you have on this thread, I'll pass. Thank you very much.

I don't know... she's been all over the map on this thread. I can't keep up :lol:

I'd MUCH rather have a doc who "looks it up". Does she think that medicine (or nursing for that matter ;) ) is a static profession? That once you're through school and residency, that's it? No more education?

Even if it was static, it's impossible to keep that much information in your head. I haven't been around many Drs. who didn't have texts and references ready.

Doctors or nurses who think they know everything are dangerous.
Damned straight.

No, that's what people assume. My point is that they have the same information you do, people need to start taking an active role in their health, anyone who doesn't question the doctor I laugh at when they get their lives fucked up now.

A.) I fully agree that people should take an active role in their own health. Far beyond the dangers of pharmacology, if people simply ate healthier and stopped blatantly unhealthy activities (like smoking), we would be a much healthier and productive society.

B.) Few if any patients have the "same information" or expertise as a Dr. or nurse. Patients should certainly do research and question their Drs. on issues that concern them, but medical licenses are not handed out in cracker jack boxes.

Expertise is not the issue, information is, and everything doctors have patients can also look up themselves, justifying a corrupt agencies existence (the FDA and AMA) and justifying the blind faith in doctors as well as being lazy is wrong.

Expertise is not the issue, information is, and everything doctors have patients can also look up themselves, justifying a corrupt agencies existence (the FDA and AMA) and justifying the blind faith in doctors as well as being lazy is wrong.

Accusing the FDA and AMA of being corrupt with no proof or evidence is beyond lazy.

It's slanderous.

Furthermore, I've never said people should put blind faith in doctors. I just want people to do an adequate job with the facts.

You do not.

Your logic and ideas about immunology are completely absurd.

*Edit to add*

Feel free to name some of those safe drugs you referenced earlier.

Since you made the claim, you inherit that burden.

Last edited:
Yet ... we have also seen that the FDA doesn't in fact do any real research, they instead just take the pamphlets and approve whoever pays them enough.

That's bullshit. They don't research every drug, but they are involved in the process and certainly conduct research.

Case in point: they have determined that your drug of choice has an alarming correlation with lung cancer.

Yet they didn't determine that Vioxx would almost kill me ... until it almost killed me.
What did it do to you?

As for my smoking, I chose that in spite of knowing the dangers, I don't blame anyone but myself and I have no intention of stopping any time soon either. You do realize I work very little now, right? I only earn enough to stay afloat because if I earned more I would lose my housing, so does that tell you anything about my money? ;)

Even then, it wasn't right, the money isn't important, my quality of life was ruined, you can't get that back. Lawsuits are bullshit because of that. Patients (like me) lose quality of life because the FDA approves of something and we are taught to "trust the doctors" from a young age, then they fuck us up and all we get is money for it. I want to go back to work, I want to have a life again, but I fucking can't thanks to the idiots, the thing that pisses me off more is that there are perfectly (proven) safe meds for all the problems that these dangerous, untested, and potentially deadly meds help to, but we don't get the safe ones because the FDA doesn't "approve". Explain that shit, go ahead.
I think I asked you this before... I didn't see where you answered.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1583844-post76.html

Medications that are allowed in the US by the FDA are often proving fatal lately, while medications that have been denied by the FDA which are produced by smaller companies have proven their medications are safer and effective.

What medications and by what 'smaller companies'? Names, please.

ALL drugs released for marketing in the US must have FDA approval.

You can look up the long lists of those denied simply because the FDA didn't want them here in place of others yourself, Vioxx and almost all prescription pain meds are good starts.

?

Help me out here. I truly have a headache...

Well, no. You started this by saying the FDA shouldn't exist, and people should do their own research. So was I right? You think pharmaceutical companies should just release whatever the hell they want onto the market without any testing whatsoever?

My daughter is reading over my shoulder. Her response to this is:

You can have all the information in the world, but if you don't have the expertise to interpret that information and apply it to your situation, it doesn't do you a damned bit of good. Hence, doctors, nurses, FDA.

Smart young lady :)

I think I asked you this before... I didn't see where you answered.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1583844-post76.html

What medications and by what 'smaller companies'? Names, please.

ALL drugs released for marketing in the US must have FDA approval.

You can look up the long lists of those denied simply because the FDA didn't want them here in place of others yourself, Vioxx and almost all prescription pain meds are good starts.

?

I found it!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Cures-They-Dont-About/dp/0975599593/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254793203&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About (9780975599594): Kevin Trudeau: Books[/ame]

I'll bet that books covers the fact that nicotine is really an anti-viral medication and sodium bicarbonate is an effective cure for cancer.

You can have all the information in the world, but if you don't have the expertise to interpret that information and apply it to your situation, it doesn't do you a damned bit of good. Hence, doctors, nurses, FDA.

Someone raised her well.

?

I found it!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Cures-They-Dont-About/dp/0975599593/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254793203&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About (9780975599594): Kevin Trudeau: Books[/ame]

I'll bet that books covers the fact that nicotine is really an anti-viral medication and sodium bicarbonate is an effective cure for cancer.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Cures-They-Dont-About/product-reviews/0975599593/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt_sr_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar]Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About[/ame]

Wow. Did you read the reviews??

Someone raised her well.

She's my hero :)

?

I found it!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Cures-They-Dont-About/product-reviews/0975599593/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt_sr_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar]Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About[/ame]

Wow. Did you read the reviews??

No, but I've heard it all before. Trudeau is a convicted felon and a known fraud.

Forum List

Back