Swine Flu PANDEMIC!!!! 6.5 billion not dead.

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
After months of hype, the vaunted swine flu has turned into a gigantic wet fart: a little sloppy, kinda smelly, but relatively harmless. More people died of Diarrhea last year than of the "SWINE FLU". So what say you? was is it all hype?

selection_149_88-jpg.jpeg

"WASHINGTON — An estimated 10,000 people including 1,100 children died of swine flu in the United States in the seven months after the new strain of flu was first detected in April, a top US health official said Thursday.

"By November 14th, many times more children and younger adults unfortunately have been hospitalized or killed by H1N1 influenza than happens in a usual flu season," Thomas Frieden, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) told reporters.
AFP: 10,000 swine flu deaths in US: estimates

After months of hype, the vaunted swine flu has turned into a gigantic wet fart: a little sloppy, kinda smelly, but relatively harmless. More people died of Diarrhea last year than of the "SWINE FLU". So what say you? was is it all hype?

selection_149_88-jpg.jpeg

Yep. And I maintained that posture throughout the entire "MAN-MADE" Government Induced SCARE. It went the same way as the "Bird FLU"

Remember that HOAX?

10,000 people dead since April, just in the US. And it shows no sign of letting up.

"WASHINGTON — An estimated 10,000 people including 1,100 children died of swine flu in the United States in the seven months after the new strain of flu was first detected in April, a top US health official said Thursday.

"By November 14th, many times more children and younger adults unfortunately have been hospitalized or killed by H1N1 influenza than happens in a usual flu season," Thomas Frieden, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) told reporters.

On par/ I think this is MILD Compared to the deaths of the Spanish FLU that killed 25+ Million worldwide in 1918

More people died from swine flu than died in terrorist acts in the United States.

Do you consider preparedness for a possible terrorist attack to be "hype"?

More people died from swine flu than died in terrorist acts in the United States.

As USUAL the ATTENTION WHORE, XOTOXI...Deflects. No big surprise.

I am just siting another example of "hype".

When a lot of money is spent on education and preparation for something bad that might happen, but ends up not happening...some people consider it "hype".

On the other hand, there are others who would prefer to ignore potential problems and then just try to fix thing once the shit hits the fan.

My son and I both had the Swine Flu in September, with secondary bacterial complications (bronchitis/pneumonia). We got sick about 2 weeks before the first H1N1 vaccine became available in our area, so we were on our own as far as not catching the virus.

I've had Influenza A and B, but H1N1 was far far worse than either of those. My son and I were both hospitalized for treatment of the bacterial complications and are still recovering from the pneumonia...we get winded easily, tire extremely easily and are still taking inhaled medications to help improve our lung function.

I am extremely extremely grateful that we aren't among the 10,000 Americans who *have* died of this influenza. Even ONE death is too many.

Yet our benevolent nannies at BigGubmint Inc. want us all to know that there's now plenty of vaccine available!! :rolleyes:

My mother, the 75 year old nurse, almost died when she heard Obama say in one breath, "there is no shortage of vaccinations" then say in the next "we just don't have enough for everyone."

That is not a direct quote of Obama, but that was what he said.

When a lot of money is spent on education and preparation for something bad that might happen, but ends up not happening...some people consider it "hype".

On the other hand, there are others who would prefer to ignore potential problems and then just try to fix thing once the shit hits the fan.

I consider that we haven't had nearly as many deaths as predicted an indicator of the strength of our nation's healthcare system.

That--and the fact that the H1N1 vaccine was made available shortly after "flu season" began. The Southern Hemisphere didn't have this vaccine available and (wisely) used quarantine as a method of stopping the spread (or mitigating its spread at any rate).

In Australia during our spring/summer (their fall/winter), schools were closed, foreign tourists were quarantined in hotels until they were cleared to travel and other (seemingly) drastic measures were taken to keep H1N1 at bay.

I would have liked to see some of these measures employed here this fall. Especially closing schools and the quarantine....idiots went to work and school *knowing* they had H1N1 and they didn't care if they infected others. That's how my son brought it home....he sat next to a kid who didn't want to fuck up his perfect attendance (9th grade and has never missed a day of school). Instead of fucking up his record, his germs nearly wiped me and my son out. That is *the sickest* I have ever been--at a time when I least needed it (we lost our house during the floods here in GA and had to move/salvage what belongings we could--while desperately ill).

I realize that early on they closed schools--they should have *stayed* with that strategy. It works. Kids are germ and virus factories. You keep kids away from each other for 7-10 days, you drastically alter the virus' ability to spread among that school population. Letting them remain in school 24 hours after there is no fever is an easy way for lazy parents to drug their kid up with Motrin (an 8 hour dose), so the kid is fever free for the day and they can send their darling germ bomb into the school to infect everyone else. That really irritates the shit out of me. When my kids are SICK (as in contagious), they are AT HOME. They don't go to school, church, or any other activities until I am certain they are NOT going to infect others.

One man's cold, is another man's pneumonia and funeral. We have a duty of care to others on this planet not to infect them with all kinds of viriii or bacteria. Especially if we are aware we are contagious.

On par/ I think this is MILD Compared to the deaths of the Spanish FLU that killed 25+ Million worldwide in 1918

Did you know that H1N1 is RELATED to the flu of 1918/1919?

Bet you didn't. :eusa_naughty:

Odds of dying from the flu - 62:1.

Political Calculations: The Odds of Dying, Again!

Odds of dying in a terrorist attack - 135,000:1

Don't Be Terrorized - Reason Magazine

You are 2,177 times more likely to die from the flu than a terrorist.

10,000 people dead since April, just in the US. And it shows no sign of letting up.

Actually, the CDC as recently as this week said that H1N1 is showing signs it is waning (due largely to vaccination programs), but that Americans shouldn't be complacent because another wave of H1N1 infections could be around the corner due to holiday travel.

So....if you haven't *had* H1N1 or been vaccinated, NOW is a good time for even low-risk folks to get the shot (if there is a supply available in your area---some areas still have shortages).

Since my son and I have had H1N1, I am operating under the understanding that we have immunity to the virus now. My daughter (who lived with us while we were sick but never caught it), likely has some immunity as well, but probably not the same as if she'd been vaccinated or had H1N1. I am going to take her for her shot as soon as it is available here in my county without hours long lines.

Look at this: Revised CDC swine flu figures to triple number of deaths | Raw Story
Revised CDC swine flu figures to triple number of deaths

By Stephen C. Webster
Monday, November 16th, 2009 -- 10:59 pm

swine flu Revised CDC swine flu figures to triple number of deaths

Some 22 million Americans have been infected with the H1N1 virus, which has caused over 4,000 deaths since its spread began, according to revised figures by the Centers for Disease Control.

"The changes reflect new surveillance methods thought to be more accurate but also show that figuring out the death toll from influenza is not a precise science," ABC News noted.

The death toll noted by the CDC is triple that reported on Wednesday.

Officials urged that the numbers are not a sign of swine flu spreading further or becoming more lethal, but the government's methodology for estimating its spread becoming more accurate.

"I don't really think the public should be more worried, as the revised estimate does not reflect a change in the virulence of, or severity of, infection due to the virus," ABC News quoted Wake Forest University School of Medicine Dr. Christopher Ohl as saying.
On November 15th the number of deaths in the USA from the Swine flu were less than 1500, one day later, thanks to new methodology (reading the tea leaves?) there are over 4000!!! WOo Hoo!! keep countin' and ya'll won't look so silly next time!!!

Forum List

Back