Swine Flu Alert!!!!!!

wow, what a collection of fail links.

i can't decide what makes me laugh more, the last one which reports vaccine fears are exaggerated, or the one from the school hall monitor from spring 2009.

Here's what I found on the CDC website:

"Situation Update
During the week of November 1-7, 2009, influenza activity remained high in the United States, with some key indicators decreasing slightly and others continuing to climb as reported in FluView. Flu activity is widespread in 46 states. Nationally, visits to doctors for influenza-like-illness declined slightly from last week, but are still very high. Flu-related hospitalizations and deaths continue to increase and are very high nation-wide compared to what is expected for this time of year."
CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu

Total influenza hospitalization rates for laboratory-confirmed flu continue to climb and remain higher than expected for this time of year. Hospitalization rates continue to be highest in younger populations with the highest hospitalization rate reported in children 0-4 years old.
The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) based on the 122 Cities Report continues to increase and has been higher than what is expected for six weeks now. In addition, 35 flu-related pediatric deaths were reported this week: 26 of these deaths were associated with laboratory confirmed 2009 H1N1; eight were influenza A viruses, but were not subtyped; and one was an influenza B virus. Since April 2009, CDC has received reports of 156 laboratory-confirmed pediatric 2009 H1N1 deaths, one influenza B death, and another 23 pediatric deaths that were laboratory confirmed as influenza, but the flu virus subtype was not determined. Forty-six states are reporting widespread influenza activity at this time; a decline of two states over last week. They are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. This many reports of widespread activity at this time of year are unprecedented during seasonal flu.
Almost all of the influenza viruses identified so far continue to be 2009 H1N1 influenza A viruses.
These viruses remain similar to the virus chosen for the 2009 H1N1 vaccine, and remain susceptible to the antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir with rare exception
CDC H1N1 Flu | Situation Update

Last edited:

The CDC shows a remarkable drop in flu cases...

Link?

Was that the link in the quote?

Actually, the only stat they are releasing is the number of "suspected" cases which people have been going to the doctor for, and those are down:
CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu | 2009 H1N1 U.S. Situation Update
They are totaling the entire number with other flus to inflate the number (look at the next chart) as well as adding in illnesses that are not actually the flu, just flu-like. Again, if there is really a threat from this, then why is it that:

1. The vaccines are so hard to get having known for over a year.

and

2. They are not showing the details of the stats but are obfuscating the actual numbers.

"Situation Update
During the week of November 1-7, 2009, influenza activity remained high in the United States, with some key indicators decreasing slightly and others continuing to climb as reported in FluView. Flu activity is widespread in 46 states. Nationally, visits to doctors for influenza-like-illness declined slightly from last week, but are still very high. Flu-related hospitalizations and deaths continue to increase and are very high nation-wide compared to what is expected for this time of year."
CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu

Total influenza hospitalization rates for laboratory-confirmed flu continue to climb and remain higher than expected for this time of year. Hospitalization rates continue to be highest in younger populations with the highest hospitalization rate reported in children 0-4 years old.
The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) based on the 122 Cities Report continues to increase and has been higher than what is expected for six weeks now. In addition, 35 flu-related pediatric deaths were reported this week: 26 of these deaths were associated with laboratory confirmed 2009 H1N1; eight were influenza A viruses, but were not subtyped; and one was an influenza B virus. Since April 2009, CDC has received reports of 156 laboratory-confirmed pediatric 2009 H1N1 deaths, one influenza B death, and another 23 pediatric deaths that were laboratory confirmed as influenza, but the flu virus subtype was not determined.
Forty-six states are reporting widespread influenza activity at this time; a decline of two states over last week. They are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. This many reports of widespread activity at this time of year are unprecedented during seasonal flu.
Almost all of the influenza viruses identified so far continue to be 2009 H1N1 influenza A viruses. These viruses remain similar to the virus chosen for the 2009 H1N1 vaccine, and remain susceptible to the antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir with rare exception

Those are all flus and flu-like illnesses, which they are blaming on the H1N1 even when there is no connection. Either they are assuming and you are relying on really bad scientist, or they are obfuscating and you are relying on liars.

What the hell? I meant to quote myself and highlight the pertinent information, but all it did was edit the post I'd already posted.

Anyway, KK, it obliterates your argument.

"Situation Update
CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu

The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) based on the 122 Cities Report continues to increase and has been higher than what is expected for six weeks now. In addition, 35 flu-related pediatric deaths were reported this week: 26 of these deaths were associated with laboratory confirmed 2009 H1N1; eight were influenza A viruses, but were not subtyped; and one was an influenza B virus. Since April 2009, CDC has received reports of 156 laboratory-confirmed pediatric 2009 H1N1 deaths, one influenza B death, and another 23 pediatric deaths that were laboratory confirmed as influenza, but the flu virus subtype was not determined.
Forty-six states are reporting widespread influenza activity at this time; a decline of two states over last week. They are: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. This many reports of widespread activity at this time of year are unprecedented during seasonal flu.
Almost all of the influenza viruses identified so far continue to be 2009 H1N1 influenza A viruses. These viruses remain similar to the virus chosen for the 2009 H1N1 vaccine, and remain susceptible to the antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir with rare exception

Those are all flus and flu-like illnesses, which they are blaming on the H1N1 even when there is no connection. Either they are assuming and you are relying on really bad scientist, or they are obfuscating and you are relying on liars.

BULLSHIT. Go back and read it again.

Three blog opinions and one link debunking that the government is implanting us with chips or that the vaccine is meant to kill us.

:lol:

Jesus Christ Kitten, do you ever actually read the shit you link to?

But first take off your H1N1 conspiracy glasses. You know, the ones that cause you to irrationally believe that there is a purpose to make people afraid of H1N1 when there's a perfectly acceptable vaccine available.

Or are you one of those who believes the evil doctors want to infect all our children with autism?

How strange that no reputable sources are saying that. All the reputable sources are saying the swine flu has been wildly underestimated, that there isn't enough vaccine, that it's killing more people than expected, and shows no signs of slowing down.

But hey, if you think the mainstream media is more knowledgeable about it, by all means, go with it.
I'm almost positive she made that up or was on another bender when she "heard" it. In reality, no one in the media said what she claimed.

But first take off your H1N1 conspiracy glasses. You know, the ones that cause you to irrationally believe that there is a purpose to make people afraid of H1N1 when there's a perfectly acceptable vaccine available.

Or are you one of those who believes the evil doctors want to infect all our children with autism?

Not sure what you are talking about here pard.

I am pointing out that laboratory confirmed cases of the flu are in dramatic decline.

Further reviews of the actual numbers appear to show a lower death rate from swine flu vs regular flu as well.

The swine flu was a bust - undo hysteria strikes again...

Three blog opinions and one link debunking that the government is implanting us with chips or that the vaccine is meant to kill us.

Newsweek and BBC are only blogs now? So ... when praising some politician you like they're "reliable" but when going against your puppet master they are now just "blogs".

I find it interesting that the CDC decided to change the way they tabulated the death toll. Apparently the number wasn't big enough, so they changed their methodology.
H1N1 pediatric deaths quadruple in US under new method
Pediatric deaths from swine flu in the US are much more extensive than previously thought after health officials expanded their counting method, the nation’s disease control agency said Thursday
No shit? Really? :lol: but here is the show stopper.....
Anne Schuchat, a top CDC official who has been in charge of H1N1 prevention and control, said that the agency had expanded its count to include children who have died of secondary infections or who did not have laboratory confirmation that they had swine flu.
Woo!! Hoo!! we'll pump up those numbers even if we have to make shit up!!! YEEHAW!!!!!:clap2::clap2:

Look, I understand that the swine flu is dangerous and that young people can die from it. I understand all of that and do not deny that it is unique. But the HYPE and fear mongering is making me sick. It has gotten so bad that now the CDC is using the SWAG method of estimating swine flu deaths. It is MANUFACTURED FEAR.

_____

Exactly - the pro-hysteria crowd attach their inclinations to these "facts", while ignoring the complete revising of how said facts are formulated.

Just as WHO altered the definition of "pandemic" so that now every single flu season will be a pandemic.

1,000 dead? 4,000 dead? (altered math mind you) Even the higher number is not actually a "cause for alarm" as each year we see tens of thousands of deaths from I&P in America.

In 2002 we had nearly 700 people under the age of 24 die from I&P in America - nearly 500 of those were under the age of 15.

Whatever changes in the impacts of swine flu are statistically marginal - at best.

The hype and spin surrounding swine flu are downright irresponsible - at best.

Well over 13,000 people under the age of 24 died from auto accidents in 2002- nearly 2600 were under the age of 15.

Nearly 1000 kids under the age of 15 died from drowning in 2002.

Nearly 600 kids under the age of 15 died in fire-related deaths in 2002.

The facts are the facts folks - swine flu was simply another exaggerated doom n gloom hysteria driven phenom that has exposed the inclinations of so many to decline objective rational thought in favor of near-baseless drama.

Bird Flu, Hunta Virus, West Nile Virus, Y2K, SARS, Global Warming, Killer Bees...

You been had yet again...

CAUSES OF DEATH

Not sure what you are talking about here pard.

I am pointing out that laboratory confirmed cases of the flu are in dramatic decline.

Further reviews of the actual numbers appear to show a lower death rate from swine flu vs regular flu as well.

The swine flu was a bust - undo hysteria strikes again...

Bullshit. Your link was shit, as is your interpretation of it.

Who said anything about a conspiracy. Greed in the government is not a conspiracy, just asking the simple questions, if their story falls apart then likely it's true greed and nothing really dangerous. Tell me, how many cities have been shut down because of H1N1 specifically? How many of those deaths reported were from that specific virus? Why after a full year of preparation are they having such a hard time getting vaccines only to suddenly have a huge burst of them when they get some extra funding?

Newsweek and BBC are only blogs now? So ... when praising some politician you like they're "reliable" but when going against your puppet master they are now just "blogs".
:lol: Why don't you go read the Newsweek one? It might make you realize how terminally stupid you actually are (but I doubt it). :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back