Swiftboat Vet Lied

busch2008 said:

In an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday, O'Neill did not dispute what he said to Nixon, but insisted he was never actually in Cambodia.

"I think I made it very clear that I was on the border, which is exactly where I was for three months. I was about 100 yards from Cambodia," O'Neill said in clarifying the June 16, 1971, conversation with Nixon.

Sounds like a bunch of nothing to me.

busch2008 said:

What am I missing here? How is this brutal, and brutal for who?

They come up with a tape that pretty much confirms what O'Neill said abiut patroling the border, and Kerry's people call it part of a "long line of lies". All this AFTER Kerry has already back peddled on his Cambodia story. If this is the most brutal thing Kerry's people can come up with, they are in big trouble.

Wishful thinking born of desperation. They're going under for the third time. They can grab a straw and call it a log, but it won't help them float.

O'Neill served in Vietnam from 1969-70 and says in a recent book that he took command of Kerry's swift boat after the future Massachusetts senator returned home from the war.

Kerry stated he was there in '68 by order of Nixon(?), O'Neil may very well have been patroling the border during his tour. But he claims he was never there before '69.

Much ado about nothing.

I wonder if O'Neill had VC with him.

Forum List

Back