Swift Boat ad #3

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dmp, Aug 26, 2004.

1. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://instapundit.com/

3. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Once again i have to ask... who cares whether he was there or not? Who cares if he lied about it or not. Is this the worst there is on this guy? his policies are not bad enough?

4. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Travis? You are kidding right?

Tell us, you don't care if he LIED?

5. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sure i care, but he is a career politician, it is to be expected. I certainly do not need it to be proven to me yet again.

Tell us that you really did not know he was a liar before the swift vote ads.

Travis

6. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    There are plenty out there that DON'T care. By highlighting this kind of stuff, it makes people take an honest look at the candidates.

Your favorite candidate hasn't had his lies outlined cuz he isn't getting enough attention. Believe me, if Bandarik or whatever his name is really posed any threat, you would probably learn things about him you never knew.

(that is, unless you really are him as I suspect! :rotflmao: )

7. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If they do not care, then showing it to them on TV certainly is not going to get them to change their opinion.

It would probably be best not to mention badnarik. People get upset when he is mentioned in threads that do not have his name in the topic name.

You do not think that more people would reconsider their support of Kerry when they learn his voting record rather than that he lied? pretty much everyone already knows that politicians lie. That is nothing new. But Kerrys voting record would be news to alot of people.

Travis

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I think that with SOME the lieing thing is more important than their record. You are right, with SOME, NOTHING is going to matter as they are too partisan in their views.

There are a lot of what I call Southern Democrats or the Old Guard Democrats that will be much more upset over his lieing than they will be over his record in the Senate. Most realize that a President truly has less power than we like to think. They vote for the Party, not the candidate. But there are those that will "switch" sides if they think the candidate for their "normal" party is just too dishonest to get anything done.

So, in my opinion, lieing is more important than one's record if I break it down into how those that are typically a-political vote.

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    But this is a blatantly evil and offensive lie about OTHER PEOPLE. Kerry will not survive this.

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Exactly. Everybody accepts a little bit of lying from a candidate as we have come to expect it (that is why politicians always rate so low on those polls that ask "who do you admire").

However, lying in this manner, well, many will just not accept it. Many just despise the politics of personal destruction. Especially when it is a presidential candidate trying to destruct the image of average Americans. A lot of people will have more sympathy for the "little" guy than they will for the presidential contender. Especially somebody as RICH and ARROGANT as Kerry.