Sweet reality!

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
John McCain: Waterboarding, Torture Did Not Help Hunt for Osama Bin Laden

Arizona Sen. John McCain, a former POW who was tortured for years at the hands of Vietnamese captors, delivered an impassioned argument today that so-called “enhanced interrogation techniques” did not produce intelligence leading to Osama bin Laden.

John McCain: Waterboarding, Torture Did Not Help Hunt for Osama Bin Laden - The Note

The guy who argued that torture works because it broke him, but also insisted that torture never results in truth, and you want to quote him as proof about torture not working, even though it was not torture.

Whether or not torture works is the wrong argument.

If merely demonstrating that torture works is a sufficient argument to justify its use,

then why not use torture throughout law enforcement and criminal investigation?

Has anyone ever read about McCain's POW treatment? Say what you want today - and I do - but you have to give him credit for his actions and behavior under horrid and evil conditions. That he survived at all is amazing. I would give more credence to his argument than to Bush Jr and Cheney, both draft dodgers.

If only John McCain were a democratic....

so many of you libs would have chosen him over your 0ssiah....

Shoulda Woulda Coulda....

why is it when there's no response, do righties start with the 'ossiah'/'messiah' stuff?

and no... i wouldn't have voted for mccain 2008... that mccain was the person who decided to play his chips with the radical right. now... mccain 2000? THAT was a decent man.

y'all broke him.

why is it when there's no response, do righties start with the 'ossiah'/'messiah' stuff?

and no... i wouldn't have voted for mccain 2008... that mccain was the person who decided to play his chips with the radical right. now... mccain 2000? THAT was a decent man.

y'all broke him.

Exactly right. It was around that time that the lunatic fringe hijacked the GOP and has firm control of that party to this day.

And as long as the big government, freedom hating loonies stay in control of the GOP it can only be a good thing for the Dems.

agreed, i liked McCain in his 200 run as well

his biggest mistake in 2008 was Palin imho....

If merely demonstrating that torture works is a sufficient argument to justify its use,

If you bother to read my posts you will see that I have consistently argued that the government should not be involved in torture. I am, however, willing to admit it is effective, and call out idiots like McCain who has spoken for years about how he, and others, broke under torture, thus demonstrating that it works, and then turning around and trying to argue that the reason we should not use it is because it does not work. If he simply stuck to "we shouldn't use it because it is wrong" argument he and I would have been in total agreement.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever read about McCain's POW treatment? Say what you want today - and I do - but you have to give him credit for his actions and behavior under horrid and evil conditions. That he survived at all is amazing. I would give more credence to his argument than to Bush Jr and Cheney, both draft dodgers.

I have, which is why I find his arguments less credible. I know you like them simply because you like what he is saying, and that is the only criteria you ever use in making a judgement, but he is flat out wrong in the way he argues against torture.

y'all broke him.

Who broke him? It looked to me like it was the Democrats. He wanted to look like he was sensible so he made a bunch of stupid decisions to appease the radical left wing. After that he was worthless.

I have, which is why I find his arguments less credible. I know you like them simply because you like what he is saying, and that is the only criteria you ever use in making a judgement, but he is flat out wrong in the way he argues against torture.

Well...of course that is why they like him NOW. During the presidential campaign the lefties were running around claiming reports of John McCain actually being tortured were untrue or over exaggerated. :cuckoo:

But then...that was then wasn't it....:eusa_shhh::eusa_liar:

Your last sentence pretty much describes the stae of the GOP and it's neocon punditry, my dear Dr. House.....sour grapes from the good Dr.

And were you out of the country in 2008? Or did you just blank out the FACT that McCain was the GOP candidate for President with that fuzzbrain Palin as his running mate?

Before McCain sold his soul to the neocon gods of the PNAC agenda, he had some pretty decent ideas.....this was one of them.

What's buring your ass, my dear Dr. House, is the FACT that McCain knows first hand of what he speaks...and little neocon toadies like YOU can't spin your way out of it.

Another piece of neocon propaganda bites the dust! Deal with it!

Last edited:
John McCain: Waterboarding, Torture Did Not Help Hunt for Osama Bin Laden

Arizona Sen. John McCain, a former POW who was tortured for years at the hands of Vietnamese captors, delivered an impassioned argument today that so-called “enhanced interrogation techniques” did not produce intelligence leading to Osama bin Laden.

John McCain: Waterboarding, Torture Did Not Help Hunt for Osama Bin Laden - The Note

The guy who argued that torture works because it broke him, but also insisted that torture never results in truth, and you want to quote him as proof about torture not working, even though it was not torture.

If you can provide the actual quote from McCain that states what you claim, then your babbling might actually make sense. If not, then you're just a Quantum Windbag.

Yeah, how about that? Let's just throw decades of legal precedent and proven police procedures out the window...doesn't matter to what degree the crime is...just take suspects into the backroom and whale on them until they tell you what you want to hear. (what's scary is that some people won't recognize the preceding as sarcasm).

Yep read it and he did suffer. However why he survived is becuase he was an admirals son.

Forum List

Back