Sweet Little Lies

Do women lie more than men

In my experience more women are pathological liars than men.

Possibly my POV is based on the fact that I've known more women intimately enough to know more women (who lie) than men.

But I also suspect that women might lie somewhat more than men, anyway.

Lieing is a kind of social engineering. It can be done for good or evil, it can be a lubricant to sociality or a detriment to sociality

And women are generally speaking, just flat out more socially adapt than men.

Given the above, that means that women (generally speaking) are going to be better at all kinds of social engineering techniques than men.

A woman stays out all night and ends up having sex with a complete stranger. Before going home, she calls her ten best friends to organise an alibi. After arriving home, her suspicious/jealous boyfriend phones around his girlfriend's ten best friends asking if she stayed over last night. Nine said no, and one said yes.

A man stays out all night and ends up having sex with a complete stranger. Before going home, he calls his ten best friends to organise an alibi. After arriving home, his suspicious/jealous girlfriend phones around her boyfriend's ten best friends asking if he stayed over last night. Eight said he stayed over at theirs, and two said he's still there.

Possibly my POV is based on the fact that I've known more women intimately enough to know more women (who lie) than men.

Lieing is a kind of social engineering. It can be done for good or evil, it can be a lubricant to sociality or a detriment to sociality

Given the above, that means that women (generally speaking) are going to be better at all kinds of social engineering techniques than men.

I think you may be on to something, women are jsut wired better for human conmunication. It comes from millions of years of hunter gatherer exsistance.

To gather you must communicate many things. Plant type and what its used for, where the best water source is and the like, child rearing is best done by women back then for obvious reasons and it also requires good communication skills. Hunting requires some cordination but many momments of needed silence. Womens brains have developed a better wiring system in general for communication.

The more you communicate the more you are apt to lie.

So I dont think the lying is because any innate character differance in men and women but due to better brain wiring in this specific area of the human brain.

I think you may be on to something, women are jsut wired better for human conmunication. It comes from millions of years of hunter gatherer exsistance.

To gather you must communicate many things. Plant type and what its used for, where the best water source is and the like, child rearing is best done by women back then for obvious reasons and it also requires good communication skills. Hunting requires some cordination but many momments of needed silence. Womens brains have developed a better wiring system in general for communication.

So I dont think the lying is because any innate character differance in men and women but due to better brain wiring in this specific area of the human brain.

In other words you're saying they'd make great politicians.

Oh hell ya, they do make great POLS.

Women generally are better at seeking consensus than men.

We are taught (and its probably part of our natures too) to seek truth through conflict.

Woman a=often aren't seeking "truth" so much as they are seeking solutions to social problems.

And while I personally think that in the long run truth trumps lies, in the short run (which is what politics has to be about first and foremost) the naked truth is often going to cause conflicts.

What's the old saying?

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar

I wish it meant that we would get better people in office but women are just as greedy as men in the end.

Oh hell ya, they do make great POLS.

Women generally are better at seeking consensus than men.

We are taught (and its probably part of our natures too) to seek truth through conflict.

Woman a=often aren't seeking "truth" so much as they are seeking solutions to social problems.

And while I personally think that in the long run truth trumps lies, in the short run (which is what politics has to be about first and foremost) the naked truth is often going to cause conflicts.

What's the old saying?

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar

I didn't mean it as a compliment.:lol:

So you're finally admitting you're a liar.

Forum List

Back