Sweet Caroline ..........

but what was hillary's government position experience?

what is al frankin's and a number of others past and present who had no gvt experience beforehand?

why only question her lack of experience?

one is either capable, or they are not imho....

Not the point! She was at least voted in! But she was at least an attorney and the first lady!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Not the point! She was at least voted in! But she was at least an attorney and the first lady!
exactly, if they had a special election and she ran and won, thats one thing, being appointed is another
to be appointed one should at least have SOME experience in government

exactly, if they had a special election and she ran and won, thats one thing, being appointed is another
to be appointed one should at least have SOME experience in government

so you want to CHANGE illinois law because it would benefit your party? ;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i get it now!

care

so you want to CHANGE illinois law because it would benefit your party? ;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i get it now!

care
no
follow the law

i guess you didnt see my posts in the thread that asked that question

my point here is that someone being appointed should have experience, not that i want special elections in all cases

Last edited:
what is it that caroline has done to upset you? she can't be blamed for the sins of her father or relatives, should she be?

Has she done something offensive to disqualify her for vying for the position?

care

Her sense of "entitlement" strikes more than a few people as very offensive. And hey, she is just SOO darn qualified for the job, isn't she? The hypocrisy and nonstop double standards held by Democrats that includes what counts as "qualified" actually depends on whether the person has a "D" or an "R" after their name, doesn't it?

This isn't like that "poorly" qualified Palin who held two other executive offices in government and already proved she did them very well, right? Caroline has never held a single elected office on ANY level of government - but wants the job of US Senator.....just HANDED to her now? The governor has an obligation and duty, and OWES it to the people who have to live with his choice since it wasn't their choice -that his appointee is unquestioningly qualified with substantial relevant experience. Not a complete novice who would face legitimate criticism for her lack of qualifications by an opponent - if she had to get the job by getting herself elected instead of just using her last name and her relatives' party connections to con a single person into handing it to her instead.

New York has many well qualified Democrats for this job -but she isn't one of them. Every member of the NY state senate is far more qualified. Maybe she really doesn't know this because apparently no one in the media seems to either -but merely having relatives who got THEMSELVES elected to some office is not a legitimate qualification. The idea that she wants the highest elected legislative office in the country just HANDED to her as her "entry level" office in government, without ever once having to earn ANY elected office from the people - is just mindboggling. But since she kept that "D" behind her famous last name -we should all just pretend that if she wants this job just handed to her, that she is MORE than qualified for it? Oh yeah, her job at the Metropolitan Museum of Art just sealed the deal for you, huh? Or maybe it was the outstanding job she did for Obama helping to pick that real exciting Biden for VP who, if he had an "R" after his name -would have been under constant attack by the media for the idiocies that never stopped coming out of his mouth.

Sure and with such pathetic standards that means both of Bush's daughters, Maureen Reagan, Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton are no less qualified. I'm sure there is absolutely no correlation to the kind of government we get and the decision to put totally unqualified people in it. LOL

If I hear another person in the media mention the word "Camelot" again in connection with this woman's name - I will hurl chunks. A totally media-fabricated and sickening hype that never existed at all when in fact the media was just intent on turning a blind eye to the fact she is one more member of a seriously dysfunctional family with far too many in her family who are and were no strangers to crime.

don't generalize. I'm one of those Democrat voters who sees this as the travesty of democracy that it is. Politics should not be hereditary. I hope they have a special election for that seat as well as the vacant one in Ill.

what is al frankin's and a number of others past and present who had no gvt experience beforehand?

The difference between Hillary and Caroline is that regardless of Hillary's lack of qualification for the job, the majority of New York VOTERS selected her. Caroline Kennedy would be GIVEN the position soley based on her family pedigree.

don't generalize. I'm one of those Democrat voters who sees this as the travesty of democracy that it is. Politics should not be hereditary. I hope they have a special election for that seat as well as the vacant one in Ill.
in the case in IL, the law doesnt allow for a special election
they would have to change the law in a special case
and those kind of knee jerk laws are always stupid
boot the ass blago out and let the Lt Gov take over and do his job
but he should have to appoint someone with SOME kind of experience

no
follow the law

i guess you didnt see my posts in the thread that asked that question

my point here is that someone being appointed should have experience, not that i want special elections in all cases

ahhhhhhhh, gotcha!

but who are these other candidates vying for the job, do we know what their experience looks like?

and are we actually saying that any one of my peers could not represent you or me, as senator because they are not an insider already?

see, that could be as ''elitist'' in thinking as the ny governor picking another kennedy simply by name....ya know?

Fran Drescher is just as qualified for the Senate seat as Caroline Kennedy. The difference: She wouldn't think of it as an entitlement because of her name.

The difference between Hillary and Caroline is that regardless of Hillary's lack of qualification for the job, the majority of New York VOTERS selected her. Caroline Kennedy would be GIVEN the position soley based on her family pedigree.

anyone who gets the position gets it, by it being GIVEN, not through an election, that's ny law?

i know...

but this is why i think it comes down to capability verses experience... Hillary did a pretty good job as the senator from new york, and even the republicans in congress said as much, like mitch mcconnel and others....

I thoroughly understand that Caroline would not be in a position to vie for this position if it weren't for her "name" recognition, but i would not rule her out just because of her ''name" recognition.....that would also be unfair to her, especially if she has the potential of being an excellent senator for new york....

NOT that i am saying she would be....just looking at the whole picture....and no matter WHO is picked for this position, I believe they WILL BE PICKED due to their recognition....so why NOT leave her in the mix with the rest?

Care

Even Hillary didn't get the job just handed to her by a single person on the strength of name recognition. She still had to EARN it from the voters. No one who has not held a previous elected office should just be HANDED the HIGHEST elected legislative office as their very first, "entry level" elected office - and so far, I can't find anyone who was except surviving spouses of a Senator who died in office -but always had just months left to his term anyway. Not the case here at all.

I just don't think her job at the Metropolitan Museum of Art has real relevance to the job of US Senator. Neither does the fact she actively campaigned for other people as they sought office. This would be hilarious if it weren't the fact some of her biggest supporters -were the very same people who insisted that Palin's far more extensive record and proven past experience with the highest elected executive offices in two other levels of government -somehow left her unqualified for VP. (I guarantee you they would have NEVER said that if Palin were a man.) But now THIS woman -for no other reason except she has a "D" after the last name she shares with a couple of other relatives who did get themselves elected to an office -is fully qualified for THE highest elected legislative office in the nation?

Oh please.

Even Hillary didn't get the job just handed to her by a single person on the strength of name recognition. She still had to EARN it from the voters. No one who has not held a previous elected office should just be HANDED the HIGHEST elected legislative office as their very first, "entry level" elected office - and so far, I can't find anyone who was except surviving spouses of a Senator who died in office -but always had just months left to his term anyway. Not the case here at all.

I just don't think her job at the Metropolitan Museum of Art has real relevance to the job of US Senator. Neither does the fact she actively campaigned for other people as they sought office. This would be hilarious if it weren't the fact some of her biggest supporters -were the very same people who insisted that Palin's far more extensive record and proven past experience with the highest elected executive offices in two other levels of government -somehow left her unqualified for VP. (I guarantee you they would have NEVER said that if Palin were a man.) But now THIS woman -for no other reason except she has a "D" after the last name she shares with a couple of other relatives who did get themselves elected to an office -is fully qualified for THE highest elected legislative office in the nation?

Oh please.

but no matter who gets the position frazzle, it will be given to them, they would NOT be elected....not until a special election or the term is complete that they filled, this is the law?

but no matter who gets the position frazzle, it will be given to them, they would NOT be elected....not until a special election or the term is complete that they filled, this is the law?
thus the point that the person it be "given to" should have some experience to do the job

It isn't the same. In the case of both Franken and Hillary, it was the voters themselves who got to decide if they wanted that person with pretty poor qualifications representing THEM. In this case, it is the decision of a single person. Just one person considering actually INFLICTING someone with no qualifications for the job on millions who have no say at all and will have to wait YEARS before they can even do a damn thing about it.

That is why I said the governor OWES the people who will be represented by this Senator -someone whose qualifications are not only above reproach but already proved they have been the choice of voters for at least some other office as well. Not a total novice who not only has no relevant qualifications, but also no proven track record of ever serving the people in an elected office as their choice. Caroline's only "qualification" is the fact she has a couple of relatives who got themselves elected to office and shares their last name. I just don't see how her job at the Metropolitan Museum of Art makes her a natural shoo-in.

since when do qualifications matter?

They don't it's all about greasy palms.. Hey Hillary, you get the hell outta the way so's we can put a black man in office, you get to be secretary of state, and Caroline, you get Hillary's seat for helping us promote the first black man, Richardson, you help us buy the Hispanic vote and we'll give you something, you and Nepalitano,and, I can't wait to find out what they promised Billboard.

:cuckoo:

We are sooooo screwed.

Forum List

Back