Swedish Pentecostal Pastor On Trial For Anti-Gay Hate Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
LuvRPgrl said:
HA!, sounds like you are arguing against yourself ! If 25% of peophile activity is commited by homosexuals, then that is an extraordinarally amount (% wise) of homos commiting the crime.

There was an obviously false statement made that the majority of pedophiles are homosexual.

GotZoom said:
The other "abstract" thing he can't come to terms with is that homosexuals make up only 1-2% of the population.

When 1-2% of the population commits 25% of the crimes, it shouldn't be that hard to see that overall picture.

Why can't you admit that you made a false statement?

LuvRPgrl said:
Actually, the link across Alaska is easily traveled over several hundred years of migrating peoples. Migrating is a very strong and natural instinct of man.

Its simple, people migrated to the Americas, the flood began to occur, they recorded it in drawings, the flood finished, then people again migrated to the Americas, found the drawings, it became a part of their lore.

Is that the best stupid explanation ya got?

MissileMan said:
Why can't you admit that you made a false statement?

Some people can look around them and still not believe that there is a God.

And those same peopole feel that everyone else must accept that.

I look at that information, and other information that I have seen, and have no problem interpreting it to support my point.

And you know what? You DON'T have to accept that.

I will say again. No worries. I can let it go...can you?

Or is your agenda so consuming that you can't?

GotZoom said:
Some people can look around them and still not believe that there is a God.

And those same peopole feel that everyone else must accept that.

I look at that information, and other information that I have seen, and have no problem interpreting it to support my point.

And you know what? You DON'T have to accept that.

I will say again. No worries. I can let it go...can you?

Or is your agenda so consuming that you can't?

I have no agenda other than getting you to admit that your statement that the majority of pedophiles are homosexual isn't accurate.

MissileMan said:
I have no agenda other than getting you to admit that your statement that the majority of pedophiles are homosexual isn't accurate.

Agenda noted.

I don't agree.

musicman said:
You want some "bad and scary" statistics? Although homosexuals comprise only 1-3% of the population, they perpretrate 20-40% of child molestations.

Doesn't this suggest to you something disturbing about homosexuality?
Although only 10% of Canadians have guns, they perpetrate 100% of gun crimes. Does this suggest that 100% of people who have guns are bad? I have to reiterate: saying that 20-40% of child molestations are committed by homosexuals is not the same as saying that 20-40% of homosexuals are child molestors. You want to do to homosexuals exactly what the "left" wants to do to gun owners: punish 99% of the gun owning population for the crimes of 1%. Hardly sounds fair, does it?

LuvRPgrl said:
Does it actually say , COMPLETELY 100% covered ? Or does it merely say "covered" which could easily, without the usual leftists stretch on things, mean almost, 80-95%?

Leftist strecth? I'm far from being a leftist.

But let's see what the Bible says:

7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

7:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

I'd go out on a limb and say that if the Mountains couldn't be seen until 10 months after it stopped raining that it more than just "most"

But whatever helps you sleep at night. You can go on believing this story for the rest of your life. Doesn't bother me.

GotZoom said:
Lies - no.

Forward thinking - perhaps.

I assumed our friend could grasp the concept of thinking on a bigger scale but as you have pointed out, his agenda blinded his thought process.

Gee. Imagine that.

It's not about an agenda. It's about you trying to sneak in something as fact that is clearly not.

You can't just say that most pedophiles are homosexuals and expect to get away with it. Are they higher on a per capita basis? Sure but why not just say that. Why come out with a completely false statement? And if it was just a slip then admit it. We all make mistakes.

Powerman said:
Leftist strecth? I'm far from being a leftist.

But let's see what the Bible says:

7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

7:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

I'd go out on a limb and say that if the Mountains couldn't be seen until 10 months after it stopped raining that it more than just "most"

But whatever helps you sleep at night. You can go on believing this story for the rest of your life. Doesn't bother me.

I thought you were suppose to be the "ultra" logical one?

I said, is it possible to consider that it meant only 80-95%, WITHOUT a usual leftist stretch. That is only a describer to indicate that it could be considered as a possibility, and one that doesnt require accepting some things that are considered a "stretch" by a reasonable person. I didnt say YOU were leftist, or your arguement was leftist, what I said was I think we can come up with a scenario witihout using leftist logic.

Gee, it doesnt bother you that I believe this story, WHEW !!!!!!!!!! :bow3:

But anyways, it still is apparent from the verbage used, (and consider it is a TRANSLATION), that the possiblity it didnt cover the entire earth is still existent. But you can discount any such possibility if it helps you sleep at night, its ok with me. And continue to be bitter.

You see, I have discovered the answer, and I see it in action every day, my sight is not blinded by some bitter rage boiling deep inside me, seething out at every opportunity to attack the Bible, that appears.

Powerman said:
It's not about an agenda. It's about you trying to sneak in something as fact that is clearly not.

You can't just say that most pedophiles are homosexuals and expect to get away with it. Are they higher on a per capita basis? Sure but why not just say that. Why come out with a completely false statement? And if it was just a slip then admit it. We all make mistakes.

Ya know, thats been about beat to death, we already acknowledged the technical aspects of it, and what it truly means, and that EITHER way, the same results occur. Pedophilia is practiced at a much higher rate within the homosexual community than the heterosexual community.

and it isnt "completely" false, if it homosexuals were overly represented on a per capita basis, then it would be completely false, but as it were, since homosexuals are inordinantly overly represented, the same basic concept it perpetuates is still true.

LuvRPgrl said:
Ya know, thats been about beat to death, we already acknowledged the technical aspects of it, and what it truly means, and that EITHER way, the same results occur. Pedophilia is practiced at a much higher rate within the homosexual community than the heterosexual community.

and it isnt "completely" false, if it homosexuals were overly represented on a per capita basis, then it would be completely false, but as it were, since homosexuals are inordinantly overly represented, the same basic concept it perpetuates is still true.

In other words, it doesn't matter if it's a lie, you're stickin' to it. No matter how you spin it, the statement "the majority of pedophiles are homosexual" is COMPLETELY false, not kinda false, or sorta true.

HorhayAtAMD said:
Although only 10% of Canadians have guns, they perpetrate 100% of gun crimes. Does this suggest that 100% of people who have guns are bad? I have to reiterate: saying that 20-40% of child molestations are committed by homosexuals is not the same as saying that 20-40% of homosexuals are child molestors. You want to do to homosexuals exactly what the "left" wants to do to gun owners: punish 99% of the gun owning population for the crimes of 1%. Hardly sounds fair, does it?

Your analogy is flawed.

If you were to say something like, 2% of canadien gun owners are hunters, and hunters comprise 30% of crimes committed with guns.

In that case, I would take a long hard look at anything that promotes hunting. Same with homosexuality.

MissileMan said:
In other words, it doesn't matter if it's a lie, you're stickin' to it. No matter how you spin it, the statement "the majority of pedophiles are homosexual" is COMPLETELY false, not kinda false, or sorta true.

Just because you repeat yourself, doesnt suddenly make it true. At least I supplied REASONING behind why I say it isnt COMPLETELY false, you just keep repeating yourself, which means you dont have much to say on the topic. As Clay said, let it die. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEease

LuvRPgrl said:
Just because you repeat yourself, doesnt suddenly make it true. At least I supplied REASONING behind why I say it isnt COMPLETELY false, you just keep repeating yourself, which means you dont have much to say on the topic. As Clay said, let it die. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEease

I get ya! It doesn't matter whether your reasoning is sound or not, you're right because you explained how you arrived at your wrong answer. Did they use this same methodology where you went to school or did you make it up on your own? I don't recall ever seeing "kinda, sorta, maybe" as a choice on any True/False tests I ever took.

HorhayAtAMD said:
Although only 10% of Canadians have guns, they perpetrate 100% of gun crimes. Does this suggest that 100% of people who have guns are bad?

The flaw in this particular analogy is that it assumes 100% of the people who have guns, have them LEGALLY. Once again, the information you provide is incomplete - and therefore insufficient - to make your situation analogous to the studies on homosexuality, pedophilia, and proportionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back