Swedish parents keep 2-year-old's gender secret

Swedish parents keep 2-year-old's gender secret - The Local

Can you take a guess as to whether these parents are liberal or conservative?

Interesting idea on how to raise your child.

But ..

"
“We want Pop to grow up more freely and avoid being forced into a specific gender mould from the outset,” Pop’s mother said. “It's cruel to bring a child into the world with a blue or pink stamp on their forehead.”

The child's parents said so long as they keep Pop’s gender a secret, he or she will be able to avoid preconceived notions of how people should be treated if male or female."

.. I think they are ignoring that by presenting the child as a neuter, so to speak, they are putting it into a third category in which it may be perceived as a freak and that is also cruel.

I wonder how long they can maintain the secrecy before the child starts to speak and identifies itself as a girl or boy?

the major road block i see...if its a boy.....boys like to pee outside...dont ask me why...and are much easier to toilet train if allowed to do so

I still prefer to pee outside. Which means that at the age of 39, I am still not fully toilet trained.

I know of a poster who kept his/her gender a secret on another board. It was very funny what people assumed and even funnier when the gender was revealed and certain people went all out ape shit to discover they'd been wrong.

I know of a poster who kept his/her gender a secret on another board. It was very funny what people assumed and even funnier when the gender was revealed and certain people went all out ape shit to discover they'd been wrong.

Must have been liberal moderators to allow such a travesty to occur, eh?

Its not an "odd ball" thing to do Its child abuse. Gender identification is critical to psychological developmentm These parents are playing Frankenstein with their own baby.

How many parents of handicapped children try so hard to make them "normal" and fit in with society. These parents are trying to make this kid a freak. Despicable.

:lol:

utterly lacking in moderating skills.

I couldn't rep you again. That shit is hilarious!

Its not an "odd ball" thing to do Its child abuse. Gender identification is critical to psychological developmentm These parents are playing Frankenstein with their own baby.

How many parents of handicapped children try so hard to make them "normal" and fit in with society. These parents are trying to make this kid a freak. Despicable.

This child reportedly knows about gender differences. It's the public that is being kept in the dark. It just puts a bee in your bonnet that everyone else doesn't get to decide if the kid should sit or stand when pissing.

Forcing children to fit a norm and conform is always good for them? We are all individuals. Vive la différence!

and the people who try to make their child fit in with "normal" society are any better? Who decides what is normal? And the people who try to make their children fit when they are obviously never going to, it probably a lot more damaging to the child. They will probably always feel like they are less of a person than everyone else because no matter how hard they try, they will never fit in.

In an interview with newspaper Svenska Dagbladet in March, the parents were quoted saying their decision was rooted in the feminist philosophy that gender is a social construction.

so... pop is a Pat?

sweeney_pat.jpg

Good thing Sweden has free health care.

Pop will be quite busy at the analyist for some years to come.

'Cruel to assign a gender...'

Oh, that nasty nature! :lol:

I don't see it. I don't see that the kid doesn't know it's own gender. Others aren't being told. Others don't get to tell Pop that he shouldn't cry because "big boys don't cry." They don't get to tell Pop not to catch toads because "little ladies don't play with toads".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If the child is reared to embrace whatever identity it self-identifies as, and is loved regardless, it will be much better than to force upon the child a gender role the child might not accept.

A gender role they may not be willing to accept? Are you fucking kidding? Boys have penises and girls have vaginas. Everyone in the animal kingdom is "willing to accept" that. Exc the freaks.

Yes we are all individuals.But we live in a society that has norms.Like sexuality. At least I do.

Good thing Sweden has free health care.

Pop will be quite busy at the analyist for some years to come.

'Cruel to assign a gender...'

Oh, that nasty nature! :lol:

I don't see it. I don't see that the kid doesn't know it's own gender. Others aren't being told. Others don't get to tell Pop that he shouldn't cry because "big boys don't cry." They don't get to tell Pop not to catch toads because "little ladies don't play with toads".
Sure, who needs 1 million years of behavior norms?

Of course this is much better, they should have thought of it years ago!

Just deny what you are, what a great plan!

Yes, this won't make the kid crazy....:lol:

A gender role they may not be willing to accept? Are you fucking kidding? Boys have penises and girls have vaginas. Everyone in the animal kingdom is "willing to accept" that. Exc the freaks.

Yes we are all individuals.But we live in a society that has norms.Like sexuality. At least I do.

Typical conservative, twisted sex obsession with kids.

A two year old toodler has no use for your sexual ideas.

Forum List

Back