Sweden

In Sweden blood donors get a text when their donation saves a life. Just imagine the amazing buzz that would give you ?

In the UK you get a badge after a few donations and I think you get a tie after 50 pints.

Sweden leads the way.

How does it work in the States ? I understand that you get paid for blood ?

Our community hospital has a special bus that moves around, place to place, for blood donations. It comes around to our neighborhood every eight weeks, which is the minimum time between donations. They give you water or juice and some cookies. We did get t-shirts once with a special blood donor logo. No cash payments.

I've never received a penny for the blood I've donated, and I've donated gallons. I didn't do it for a pat on the back or a congratulatory text, I didn't do it to make myself feel better or alleviate any type of guilt, I didn't do it to make myself feel superior to the person who doesn't donate. I couldn't possibly care less about those things. I did it because it's the right thing to do.

You have an obvious disdain for America and all of its trappings, little Taint, why don't you post somewhere else?

I've never received a penny for the blood I've donated, and I've donated gallons. I didn't do it for a pat on the back or a congratulatory text, I didn't do it to make myself fell better or alleviate any type of guilt, I didn't do it to make myself fell superior to the person who doesn't donate. I couldn't possibly care less about those things. I did it because it's the right thing to do.

You have an obvious disdain for America and all of its trappings, little Taint, why don't you post somewhere else?
Ive never been paid either. But I never tried to use that to make me feel superior.
Celebrate Sweden and its achievements not your litlle axe.

I’m unwilling to give blood, unless I have control over who gets to benefit by its use.

Lucky for you, in the event you ever need blood, no one has that kind of control...
How do you explain the gulf between yourself and Vastators attitude towards this. Both you and your families benefit from blood donation. Why so you see it and he/she doesnt ?

I’m unwilling to give blood, unless I have control over who gets to benefit by its use.

Lucky for you, in the event you ever need blood, no one has that kind of control...
How do you explain the gulf between yourself and Vastators attitude towards this. Both you and your families benefit from blood donation. Why so you see it and he/she doesnt ?

Ignorance?
Maybe.I think he is just striving for effect. He hasnt thought it through,or he is incapable of thought. A lot of my family members have had operations and needed injections. Giving blood is a small way of paying back.

In the event that a friend or family member, or even a person I wouldn’t mind helping needs my blood; I’m available...

Dunno. I, for one, however, appreciate the fine workmanship and accuracy of a Swiss mechanical watch. You guys definitely set the standard there.

Also, they produced H. R. Giger, one of the pre-eminent surrealists of the 20th Century. Points also for that.

Heh. That's right.

And, apparently, aliens are dickheads. How long do you think it'll take for ol Giger's world famous art to be banned from USMB?

rph6qvu83d2cucwssn9r.jpg

He's talking about Sweden, not Switzerland.

Yes we know, but a Swiss timepiece was mentioned, hence the segue.

In Sweden blood donors get a text when their donation saves a life. Just imagine the amazing buzz that would give you ?

In the UK you get a badge after a few donations and I think you get a tie after 50 pints.

Sweden leads the way.

In California, they give you a free doobie.
Whats a doobie Percy ?

One of the Doobie Brothers.

Forum List

Back