"Swatting" prank turns deadly..............

He was indeed unarmed, but I'd like to see confirmation on his not being a gamer.

NO story on this has said whether the hoaxer actually had the "right" address --- that is, whether he was the guy who had the online quarrel with the hoaxer. Or whether the hoaxer got the address wrong: which I very much suspect.

I'm a gamer. And Xbox wonders why I don't go gold and play with teams online? 1. The male gamers put on continual dirty comments to female avatars like mine. 2. There are 400 swatting incidents a year in the U.S. --- police sent to homes because of false 911 calls.

No, thanks, forums are bad enough for contact with the worst of the public. I don't want strangers in my games.

the man killed was not a gamer...the 2nd gamer gave a fake address apparently in response to the 1st gamers threats....pranks and guns are not a good combo...the only people armed were the police

This is what I suspect, but do you have a link confirming that? ALL news articles have been very cagey about whether this was the "right" guy, or just a nice young father with two tiny children at home.

He was indeed unarmed, but I'd like to see confirmation on his not being a gamer.

NO story on this has said whether the hoaxer actually had the "right" address --- that is, whether he was the guy who had the online quarrel with the hoaxer. Or whether the hoaxer got the address wrong: which I very much suspect.

I'm a gamer. And Xbox wonders why I don't go gold and play with teams online? 1. The male gamers put on continual dirty comments to female avatars like mine. 2. There are 400 swatting incidents a year in the U.S. --- police sent to homes because of false 911 calls.

No, thanks, forums are bad enough for contact with the worst of the public. I don't want strangers in my games.

His mother confirmed that he did not play video games.

The hoaxer had the address given to him by the person he had the quarrel with, who gave him a false address. The hoaxer then called the police to the fictitious address, where the shooting occurred.

The hoaxer had the address given to him by the person he had the quarrel with, who gave him a false address. The hoaxer then called the police to the fictitious address, where the shooting occurred.

Somebody else had an article that said it was his grandfather said he wasn't a gamer. By now a lot of people are saying it was a false address. I imagine the guy who gave the false address must feel terrible! He'll know what happened by now; the police will have interviewed him. What do people think is the moral position of the guy who gave the false address??

Somebody else had an article that said it was his grandfather said he wasn't a gamer. By now a lot of people are saying it was a false address. I imagine the guy who gave the false address must feel terrible! He'll know what happened by now; the police will have interviewed him. What do people think is the moral position of the guy who gave the false address??

Did you even bother reading what I posted?

FYI, the guy who gave the false address was charged with involuntary manslaughter. I'll bet he feels terrible since he is looking at a LONG prison stretch and he already spent 2 years in prison for a bomb threat!

Did you even bother reading what I posted?

FYI, the guy who gave the false address was charged with involuntary manslaughter. I'll bet he feels terrible since he is looking at a LONG prison stretch and he already spent 2 years in prison for a bomb threat!

Yes, of course I did, and very interesting it was. You said it was his mother said he didn't game; I had read it was his grandfather. Neither of us gave sources, but it's hardly worth the trouble, I agree.

I had not read that he had already served time for a bomb threat, but it figures.

Forum List

Back