SWAT team with semi-automatic rifles entered the private home

My perimeter alarms would pick them up long before they got anywhere near the house.
I'm looking over my farms access points on the monitors above this one.
Just howler monkeys. Nothing else. They aren't heavy enough to trigger the warning system.
I'd be waiting with my M14. I hope they'd have a good excuse for being here.
They could turn and go back for a warrant or die where they stand.
Nazi pricks.

I dunno but the USDA did the same shit to us when they came into our yards and removed our citrus trees without a warrant.
Mine Safety Health Administration ( MSHA ) guys went into the sand pit via crawling over the gate and then sent me a fine notice for Rod's equipment that they claimed was not up to their standards. Yet that same equipment went to another mine when the bank seized it and those people never heard of MSHA when we asked if the MSHA guys had been around to see them.

What was the reason they gave for taking down your trees? I'd be furious if someone came and took away my apple trees.

I dunno but the USDA did the same shit to us when they came into our yards and removed our citrus trees without a warrant.
Mine Safety Health Administration ( MSHA ) guys went into the sand pit via crawling over the gate and then sent me a fine notice for Rod's equipment that they claimed was not up to their standards. Yet that same equipment went to another mine when the bank seized it and those people never heard of MSHA when we asked if the MSHA guys had been around to see them.

What was the reason they gave for taking down your trees? I'd be furious if someone came and took away my apple trees.
We had this thing a few years back in South Florida called citrus canker. The state wanted to prevent it from spreading to the commercial citrus groves in central Florida because it makes the fruit look ugly. Canker is also a reason Florida growers are able to keep oranges from South America off the market (because South America has it on their citrus fruit), therefore there is less competition for Florida growers and more profit. Anyway, the state sent workers all over South Florida and removed trees they deemed diseased AND trees that were healthy but within so many feet of the diseased tree. There was nothing anyone was allowed to do about keeping them (the government workers) out of our yards. They destroyed thousands of trees...all for nothing because it spread up the state anyway.

☭proletarian☭;2024025 said:
some more on NAIS, just so we can inform ourselves on this...

Jolley: Five Minutes With Neil Hammerschmidt - Cattle Network
Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

:eusa_eh:
Jolley: USDA Tries Mouth-To-Mouth On NAIS | Cattle Network

You may be able to access an archives files there at the main page.

We had this thing a few years back in South Florida called citrus canker. The state wanted to prevent it from spreading to the commercial citrus groves in central Florida because it makes the fruit look ugly. Canker is also a reason Florida growers are able to keep oranges from South America off the market (because South America has it on their citrus fruit), therefore there is less competition for Florida growers and more profit. Anyway, the state sent workers all over South Florida and removed trees they deemed diseased AND trees that were healthy but within so many feet of the diseased tree. There was nothing anyone was allowed to do about keeping them (the government workers) out of our yards. They destroyed thousands of trees...all for nothing because it spread up the state anyway.
So basically they stole individuals free fruit and now you have to buy it at the market. Great, people wonder why other people don't trust the government for jack.

Who now owns Digital Angel?

Destron Fearing Corporation
ICON GROUP INTERNATIONAL?
Destron Fearing Corporation

ICON Group Press Releases page... Icon - Press Release

Applied Digital Solutions Completes Merger Between Digital Angel.net and Destron Fearing Corporation.

Applied Digital Solutions Completes Merger Between Digital Angel.net and Destron Fearing Corporation.
Business Editors/High Tech Writers

PALM BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 11, 2000

Action follows the approval of

Destron Fearing's shareholders on September 7

Applied Digital Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations

U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on : ADSX ADSX Applied Digital Solutions, Inc. (stock symbol) ), a leading, single-source provider of e-business solutions, today announced the closing on September 8, 2000 of the merger between its wholly owned subsidiary Wholly Owned Subsidiary

A subsidiary whose parent company owns 100% of its common stock.

Notes:
In other words, the parent company owns the company outright and there are no minority owners.
..... Click the link for more information., Digital Angel.net Inc., and Destron Fearing Corporation (Nasdaq SmallCap: DFCO DFCO Deputy Federal Coordinating Officer (FEMA)
DFCO Deceleration Fuel Cutoff ).

The action follows the September 7, 2000, approval of Destron Fearing's shareholders of the Agreement and Plan of Merger under which Destron Fearing will merge with Digital Angel.net and become a wholly owned subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions.

Richard J. Sullivan, Chairman and CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. of Applied Digital Solutions, commented: "We are extremely pleased that this very strategic merger has come to fruition. The merger unites Digital Angel's groundbreaking technology with Destron Fearing's patents and experience in embedded tracking, established infrastructure and strong agribusiness agribusiness

Agriculture operated by business; specifically, that part of a modern national economy devoted to the production, processing, and distribution of food and fibre products and byproducts. presence. We believe that the result is a company that is poised for significant growth. The revenue and earnings stream that Destron brings to the team will help Digital Angel.net become an immediate contributor to Applied Digital Solution's financial results, as well. With the shareholder votes behind us, our focus is on turning the potential of Digital Angel.net into reality."

Article continued....Applied Digital Solutions Completes Merger Between Digital Angel.net and Destron Fearing Corporation. - Free Online Library
From the December 2009 Idaho Observer:

The No Chippin’ Chickens Act: Coming to your state January 2010

The latest tirade coming from the idiocracy in Washington is the National Animal Identification System (NAIS). Not content with inserting radio frequency identification (RFID) and tracking chips in everything else, the chip makers are now marketing their wares to the federal and state Departments of Agriculture. Chipping cattle, sheep and even backyard hens seems a bountiful, “stimulating” financial harvest for Digital Angel and their corporate allies. Farmers, however, will be a more difficult battle for them – especially if a group of America’s military veterans has their say.

The National Veterans Committee on Constitutional Affairs (NVCCA) isn’t buying the “disease prevention” sales pitch of the chip makers. Aaron Bolinger, legislative director of the NVCCA, has been working with farmers drafting state-level legislation for the 2010 state assembly sessions.

“Like the Federal Real ID campaign, this newest push has nothing to do with ‘security’ or ‘disease prevention,’ says Bolinger. “It is about continuing to drive small, off-the-grid farms out of existence. The cost of registering a small farm, tagging all the animals, and increasing the paper-work burden will simply give corporate agriculture new advantages in the market.

“Furthermore, studies in animals with inserted microchips show that these radio-embedded devices cause cancerous cells to blossom around the chips themselves,” he says.

To counter the fowl-play, the NVCCA has released model legislation that criminalizes the implementation of NAIS and RFID microchips within any state that passes the law. In a two-pronged attack, the bill prohibits discrimination against those farms that refuse to comply with even voluntary, private database plans – and makes the insertion of an RFID microchip in an animal punishable under existing animal cruelty statutes.

“Deliberately causing cancer in animals that will enter our food supply is patent insanity,” says Bolinger.

Farmers seem to agree. Anger is building among many backyard gardeners and small operations. Even folks normally considered “radical left” in their point of view, when they discover that their half-dozen free-range chickens are equally subject to this Orwellian notion, rebellion is only natural.

The “No Chippin’ Chickens Act” is the newest component of the NVCCA’s “Platform for Liberty.” Among other model legislation aimed at restoring the balance of power in the direction of the citizen, this one promises to open up many other wounds felt by freedom-conscious Americans. The Platform for Liberty contains bills to curtail the abuses of “social services” officers against parents, to refuse federal grants unless tendered in gold/silver coin, and to restore paper ballots against the technology companies peddling electronic voting machines.

“My father’s generation did not fight the Nazi Axis in WWII to have ‘may I see your papers, please’ come home to roost in America. We don’t need a ‘Contract with America’ either,” says Bolinger. “We already have a contract – the Constitution – and both politicians and military officials have taken an oath to support it. NVCCA bills enforce the Constitution against agencies, corporations, and politicians run amok.”

The NVCCA has been active for several years fighting against the National ID card (Real ID/Pass Act) legislation, and has had some success rejecting the privacy-invading and expensive compulsory form of ID sought by Homeland Security and their corporate allies. For more information on the Platform for Liberty, visit NVCCA // National Veterans Committee on Constitutional Affairs (Documents page) or e-mail [email protected]. For those who do not have access to the internet and are interested in making sure the “No Chippin’ Chickens Act” is introduced in your state, get on their National/Regional Conference Call - Every Tuesday evening, 7:30 pm Eastern time 724-444-7444 (14259#). On this call you will be directed as to where to send a small donation for the tools you will need to make sure this bill is both introduced and passes.

On Monday, December 1, a SWAT team with semi-automatic rifles entered the private home of the Stowers family in LaGrange, Ohio, herded the family onto the couches in the living room, and kept guns trained on parents, children, infants and toddlers, from approximately 11 AM to 8 PM. The Stowers family has run a very large, well-known food cooperative called Manna Storehouse on the western side of the greater Cleveland area for many years. The Buckeye Institute 1851 center on behalf of the Stowers family Filed suit against OHIO DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE and LORAIN COUNTY GENERAL HEALTH DISTRICT [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qzqowY98nU&feature=related"]1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZ83AlNS1c&NR=1"]2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdLxMKuxyr4"]The Stowers tell their story[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75BpVFCUBJc"]Local News Report - Stowers[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPteqxSmK5Y&NR=1"]Where is the Food?[/ame]

I'm a lawyer who sues city police departments in civil court for a living. Some of the stuff in the extended article is bad...some isn't. There are many reasons why you might not get told what you're being charged with for a long period of time.

Excessive force (as an extension of the 4th Amendment) complaints really center around two things a) was there probable cause / a valid pretext for authority and b) a factual determination about the objective level of force required by the situation.

Semi-automatic guns aren't a deal breaker by themselves though the article tries to make it sound that way.

Try getting raped by a police officer. It happens.

I'm a lawyer who sues city police departments in civil court for a living. Some of the stuff in the extended article is bad...some isn't. There are many reasons why you might not get told what you're being charged with for a long period of time.

Excessive force (as an extension of the 4th Amendment) complaints really center around two things a) was there probable cause / a valid pretext for authority and b) a factual determination about the objective level of force required by the situation.

Semi-automatic guns aren't a deal breaker by themselves though the article tries to make it sound that way.

Not that it happened in this case, but if cops bust into your home weapons drawn without identifying themselves or serving a proper warrant are citizens in their right to shoot them.?

Not that it happened in this case, but if cops bust into your home weapons drawn without identifying themselves or serving a proper warrant are citizens in their right to shoot them.?

No.

And the answer to that question is, indeed, just that clear, legally.

As for the story referenced in the OP, I have no idea if the execution of the warrant was actually as "traumatizing" as the family claims. Certainly, the family has a vested interest in making the whole thing as overblown and as sordid as possible. And don't think for a second that there was no lawsuit involved. There was. A Constitutional Law practice filed a suit on behalf of the Stowers seeking injunctive relief, plus legal fees, and other "relief" pretty promptly.

As for the open question of the Stowers' family "credibility," that is up in the air. They CLAIMED that they were not running a "store." The raid was to gather evidence to establish that they were running such a store and doing so without a license. (And if anybody thinks that the State has no legitimate interest in licensing those who produce and sell and distribute food, I suggest they have a different "think" coming.)

So far, the Stowers have lost the dispute where they claim they were "not" running a store -- at least as of February 11, 2010. See, LaGrange?s organic food co-op loses licensing fight Morning Journal: Serving Lorain, Erie, Huron and western Cuyahoga counties .

Here's a good question...Why hasn't the mainstream media picked this up yet?
I am looking into that right now. I had the sme question. USA Today had a one paragraph note on it and I am finding a few internet articles but not much.

It stands to reason that if business got law enforcement to act against those who find ways to get around subsidizing the high prices of the food business by forming cooperatives, that the media, owned by businesspeople, wouldn't give the story any play. The ACLU needs a publication department, so do many other organizations that would find this story as appalling as the general public would be, were they made aware of it. Let this (or more to the point make this) go viral on the net, and the media would have no choice but to report on it or look like the tools that they are.

Just fyi, most of the time cops execute a search warrant on an unsecured/questionable location, they have their guns drawn. I agree that the whole idea of being traumatized is pretty laughable. Police are given broad discretion to command citizens, even if they've done nothing wrong themselves, for their own protection.

If they had a valid search warrant the law lets them get away with a lot.

Here's a good question...Why hasn't the mainstream media picked this up yet?
I am looking into that right now. I had the sme question. USA Today had a one paragraph note on it and I am finding a few internet articles but not much.

It stands to reason that if business got law enforcement to act against those who find ways to get around subsidizing the high prices of the food business by forming cooperatives, that the media, owned by businesspeople, wouldn't give the story any play. The ACLU needs a publication department, so do many other organizations that would find this story as appalling as the general public would be, were they made aware of it. Let this (or more to the point make this) go viral on the net, and the media would have no choice but to report on it or look like the tools that they are.
Not sure they would report it even if... Too many big name companies are now controlled by a select few. People need to learn to look at all sources available for news not just the major networks.
some more on NAIS, just so we can inform ourselves on this...

Jolley: Five Minutes With Neil Hammerschmidt - Cattle Network

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Scrubbing internet sites. Charming.
It is probably still there somewhere on there site. Try using just cattlenetwork.com and then look for it.

The Food Police Are At It Again !

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4i4Nl7_dLI"]Guns Drawn Police Raid on Organic Food Store in California[/ame]

Forum List

Back