Suspected US missile strike reported in Pakistan

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
And away we go.

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan - A suspected U.S. missile strike targeted two areas in a Pakistani tribal region near the Afghanistan border Thursday, killing at least nine people, Pakistani intelligence officials said.

Also on Thursday, bombings targeting police killed 10 people and wounded 14 in Pakistan's volatile northwest and the capital — reminders of the challenge facing the country as its lawmakers pursue a national anti-terror consensus.

The alleged missile strikes appeared to be part of a surge in U.S. cross border assaults from Afghanistan on alleged militant targets in Pakistan, which have strained ties between the two anti-terror allies.

One missile strike occurred at a house in Tappi village in North Waziristan tribal region. Some of those killed were believed to be foreigners, said two local Pakistani intelligence officials, citing reports from informants and agents.

A local tribesman, Shoaib Dawar, said Taliban militants surrounded the house. He said drones were heard in the area before the strike.

Pakistani intelligence agents on Friday were investigating the identities of up to eight foreigners believed killed in the strike.

Suspected US missile strike reported in Pakistan - Yahoo! News

Part of me thinks that Bush is a fucking idiot for trying to start a war with Pakistan. The other part of me wants to thank Bush for going after these scums of life.

I think we'll get Bin Laden before the election.

Part of me thinks that Bush is a fucking idiot for trying to start a war with Pakistan. The other part of me wants to thank Bush for going after these scums of life.

I think we'll get Bin Laden before the election.

What would that do to the election?

Who else would have that kind of strike capability in theater? It was us. Justified? Probably, but that doesn't make me any less nervous.
I am sure it was us but I just have this feeling that it wasn't! I am sure I am wrong and maybe I am just hopeful that Bush and his pals are not this stupid. It just seems to much of considence that Obama and Mccain were talking about this a few days ago. Plus I just don't want to see another Cold War or worse!
Speaking of cold war, could of it been the Afghans with our assistance?

I am sure it was us but I just have this feeling that it wasn't! I am sure I am wrong and maybe I am just hopeful that Bush and his pals are not this stupid. It just seems to much of considence that Obama and Mccain were talking about this a few days ago. Plus I just don't want to see another Cold War or worse!
Speaking of cold war, could of it been the Afghans with our assistance?

Either way, it was an attack on the sovereign soil of a nuclear power. Clandestine or not, this was stupid. You may not agree with him anywhere else, but McCain is right in this. This was stupid.

Either way, it was an attack on the sovereign soil of a nuclear power. Clandestine or not, this was stupid. You may not agree with him anywhere else, but McCain is right in this. This was stupid.
Oh! I think it was stupid! For one we don't need to get into another war especially with a country like Pakistan. Yes we need to get Bin Laden but not at the expense of our country's welfare.

Currently airstrikes INSIDE Pakistan are already sending a message... if you want to kill someone, it's ok to disregard a nation's borders (including our borders).

Seems a weird thing to tell the world, if you cherish your sovereignty. Then again, the message that it's okay to harbor terrorists (if you're one of the good guys anyway) has also been sent... sort of a funny dynamic to deal with diplomatically.

Currently airstrikes INSIDE Pakistan are already sending a message... if you want to kill someone, it's ok to disregard a nation's borders (including our borders).

Seems a weird thing to tell the world, if you cherish your sovereignty. Then again, the message that it's okay to harbor terrorists (if you're one of the good guys anyway) has also been sent... sort of a funny dynamic to deal with diplomatically.

Border? What exactly does that mean? A line drawn on a map. A border should be a line a control. A place where you go from one country to another. The so-called borders in that part of the world don't mean crap. The Taliban doesn't respect them, the governments on both sides can't enforce them, and the various tribes disregard them entirely claiming them to be illigetimate. So who gives a crap? The media and anyone who wanting to stir the pot against what we are doing over there to try and put a lid on the Taliban and their kind. The same people who don't want us to put up a fence along our own border, because it would offend someone.

Border? What exactly does that mean? A line drawn on a map. A border should be a line a control. A place where you go from one country to another. The so-called borders in that part of the world don't mean crap. The Taliban doesn't respect them, the governments on both sides can't enforce them, and the various tribes disregard them entirely claiming them to be illigetimate. So who gives a crap? The media and anyone who wanting to stir the pot against what we are doing over there to try and put a lid on the Taliban and their kind. The same people who don't want us to put up a fence along our own border, because it would offend someone.

So you don't see aproblem with throwing a couple missiles over the border of a nation that happens to be an ally and a nuclear power?

So you don't see aproblem with throwing a couple missiles over the border of a nation that happens to be an ally and a nuclear power?

Obviously Pakistan is weak and incompetent. They don't have the ability to get these people themselves. We pay Pakistan hundreds of millions of dollars a year to be our puppet and shut up. They need to keep doing the second part.

Depends who is 'throwing the missiles' as you put it. If it's the good guys, all is well. If the bad guys do it, it's a crime.

No, and, again, what border? Show it to me. Something like that is not a physical thing. It's something everyone agrees on for the sake of order. Well, there is none of that in that part of the world. The Pakistani army can't enforce it and neither can the Afghans nor the UN, so it doesn't exist. It's just a talking point and something the armchair critics like to complain about.

Forum List

Back