Sushi....Really?

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
Raw fish...Who eats that shit anyway? Fish have worms.....Gross.

Sushi can't even compare to Fresh Ahi Poki...

348s.jpg

When I was over in Saudi Arabia, my friend and I were going out to eat Sushi. My friends roommate, who is a tobacco chewer, said "Sushi, I wouldn't put that shit in my mouth". As he was chawing on a big load.. We both burst out laughing..

Tuna and eel have worms? Whatever the case I've eaten thousand of Sushi, Sushini, California Roll, etc., and the stuff is delicious with Wasabi.
Asians eat the stuff by the TON. No problem. Just don't buy it at your local gas station.

Tuna and eel have worms? Whatever the case I've eaten thousand of Sushi, Sushini, California Roll, etc., and the stuff is delicious with Wasabi.
Asians eat the stuff by the TON. No problem. Just don't buy it at your local gas station.

I'd be very careful eating raw fish...

"Parasites become a concern when consumers eat raw or lightly preserved fish such as sashimi, sushi, ceviche, and gravlax. When preparing these products, use commercially frozen fish. Alternatively, freeze the fish to an internal temperature of -4°F for at least 7 days to kill any parasites that may be present. Home freezers are usually between 0°F and 10°F and may not be cold enough to kill the parasites.

The health risk from parasites is far less than the risk from “unseen” illness causing bacteria which are present in almost all foods.
Roundworms called nematodes are the most common parasite found in marine fishes. Some people call these nematodes herring worms or cod worms. Actually, several different species exist and it is hard to distinguish between them. All are in the family Anisakidae and are anisakid nematodes (see information below).

Freshwater fish like trout and fish that spend part of their life in freshwater, such as salmon, may carry Diphyllobothrium tapeworm larvae (see information below). These small, whitish, and somewhat flabby worms are common in salmon from some areas of Alaska.

The life cycle of an anisakid nematode begins when seals or sea lions eat infected fish The larval nematodes grow to maturity, and the marine mammal excretes the nematode eggs into the sea where they hatch. Shrimp-like animals eat the larvae, and fish eat the shrimp . The larvae then develop into the form we see in fish."

"During commercial freezing fish is frozen solid at a temperature of -35°F and stored at this temperature or below for a minimum of 15 hours to kill parasites. Most home freezers have temperatures at 0°F to 10°F and may not be cold enough to kill parasites because it can take up to 7 days at -4°F or below to kill pararasites"

Parasites | Seafood Health Facts

Forum List

Back