susan smith seeks new trial...

IIRC, she had two boys that were messing up her social life she strapped 'm in the car and drove it into the lake.

yep. that's what happened. i just don't remember if she drove it or she pushed it. there's a special place in hell for that woman for killing those two little boys... and i don't even believe in hell.

but the thought is somehow comforting.

Unless I'm mistaken, she already missed the death penalty. She's lucky already and she's where she belongs, and better off than she could be if she were somebody else. She has a supportive family, the baby's father is a good Christian who forgave her, re-married and by all accounts is a decent man.

She's not going to get off, there's no jury in the world that would let her out. It's a shame she was molested, and that does make people go nuts, but not to the point where they kill their babies. Who were screaming for her as they went down (she has talked about this). Chances are she won't do it again, but our judicial system provides for punishment as well as deterrment, and she did a thing which deserves at least two lifetimes of punishment. She's lucky it's as easy for her as it is. And the fact she wants out tells me she still isn't losing any sleep over what she did. If I had gone crazy and killed my kids, I'd WANT to stay holed up for the rest of my life. I think it's just proof that she wasn't crazy. She wants a new life, which is exactly what she wanted when she killed her babies.
Yep, that's what it's all about. I also doubt she would do kill her kids again but there is nothing to stop her from having more and doing something almost as bad.

Knowing really nothing about this case, I really should withhold my opinion but that is my gut reaction.

IIRC, she had two boys that were messing up her social life she strapped 'm in the car and drove it into the lake.
I know all that. I meant I know nothing about her since the scandal years ago.

Yep, that's what it's all about. I also doubt she would do kill her kids again but there is nothing to stop her from having more and doing something almost as bad.

Knowing really nothing about this case, I really should withhold my opinion but that is my gut reaction.

Looks to me like she's rotting in prison trying to figure a way out.:eusa_angel:

Looks to me like she's rotting in prison trying to figure a way out.:eusa_angel:

And if there is truly justice in this worldd, that's exactly where she'll stay.

The Texas woman managed to get herself to a hospital did she not? Murdered 5 children. Diabolically.. Drowned them dead as sure as the Smith children were drowned dead.. I don't believe in equal justice under the law. It doesn't exist.

The Texas woman managed to get herself to a hospital did she not? Murdered 5 children. Diabolically.. Drowned them dead as sure as the Smith children were drowned dead.. I don't believe in equal justice under the law.

Yates? She's as loony as a bat. She's still incarcerated as far as I know.

The Texas woman managed to get herself to a hospital did she not? Murdered 5 children. Diabolically.. Drowned them dead as sure as the Smith children were drowned dead.. I don't believe in equal justice under the law. It doesn't exist.

Willow, while dead is dead... I do believe that Andrea Yates was insane. I don't think she murdered her children in order to improve her own life. Susan Smith's poor babies were in her way as she was ready to start dating. She also tried to blame someone else for the loss. Yates was crazy, but Smith is just evil.

Willow, while dead is dead... I do believe that Andrea Yates was insane. I don't think she murdered her children in order to improve her own life. Susan Smith's poor babies were in her way as she was ready to start dating. She also tried to blame someone else for the loss. Yates was crazy, but Smith is just evil.

I stand corrected. Her conviction was overturned on appeal and she's currently in the state mental hospital in Kerrville.

Unless I'm mistaken, she already missed the death penalty. She's lucky already and she's where she belongs, and better off than she could be if she were somebody else. She has a supportive family, the baby's father is a good Christian who forgave her, re-married and by all accounts is a decent man.

She's not going to get off, there's no jury in the world that would let her out. It's a shame she was molested, and that does make people go nuts, but not to the point where they kill their babies. Who were screaming for her as they went down (she has talked about this). Chances are she won't do it again, but our judicial system provides for punishment as well as deterrment, and she did a thing which deserves at least two lifetimes of punishment. She's lucky it's as easy for her as it is. And the fact she wants out tells me she still isn't losing any sleep over what she did. If I had gone crazy and killed my kids, I'd WANT to stay holed up for the rest of my life. I think it's just proof that she wasn't crazy. She wants a new life, which is exactly what she wanted when she killed her babies.

Remember that young blonde chick (from Canada?) who with her husband would abduct, torture, rape and then kill young girls? Who killed her own SISTER by drugging her, raping her (and videotaping it, the fucking retards) and then standing by as she aspirated?

She got a light sentence and is out now, has a baby of her own.

Great!

yep. that's what happened. i just don't remember if she drove it or she pushed it. there's a special place in hell for that woman for killing those two little boys... and i don't even believe in hell.

but the thought is somehow comforting.

She put it into gear and it drove into the lake is my recollection. While she watched and listened.

Remember that young blonde chick (from Canada?) who with her husband would abduct, torture, rape and then kill young girls? Who killed her own SISTER by drugging her, raping her (and videotaping it, the fucking retards) and then standing by as she aspirated?

She got a light sentence and is out now, has a baby of her own.

Great!

She testified against him and gave the state most of its evidence and totally downplayed her involvement. You have to wonder what these people are thinking when they make their deals with these criminals.

Yates was insane. Susan Smith is a selfish brat trying to justify what she did.

I don't know how either of them can live with themselves, maybe Yates has blocked it enough to sleep at night..

I just don't know what gets into people..

He was a scary individual. I saw the pictures of the beating he gave her with a flashlight, which instigated her escaping him, going home, and ultimately turning him in. She was MESSED UP. I think it was just a matter of time before he killed her too.

Her main crime is she would go along with anything at all...which actually makes her just as dangerous because she could easily fall into the same mess again.

Yates was and remains crazy as a loon. She was crazy before, had been treated for it, had had doctors TELL her husband she should absolutely not have any more children. So of course they had more kids...and he left her alone with them. He should be in as much trouble as she is. He knew the potential for harm was there, had been warned about it, and decided he knew better.

I don't know how either of them can live with themselves, maybe Yates has blocked it enough to sleep at night..

Yates is psychotic. She probably lives with it because she's in another reality.

Susan smith is plain-old sociopath. Her boys were an inconvenience so she got rid of them.

As a matter of fact, Yates STILL wants to die so she can be with them, and still believes she did the right thing in killing them before the devil could claim them.

That's just a sad, sad, SAD case.

I watch "Women Who Kill" way too much. It's fucking depressing.

Yates is psychotic. She probably lives with it because she's in another reality.

Susan smith is plain-old sociopath. Her boys were an inconvenience so she got rid of them.

I thought that about Yates after I typed my post. She's probably still heavily drugged. I wonder if she remembers what she did.

I believe anybody who diabolically plans and carries out the drowning of their children are insane,, Smith and Yates.Yates may be insane but she had the capacity to plan her crime carefully,,. Yates is in a hospital I think.. Smith rots in prison.

He was a scary individual. I saw the pictures of the beating he gave her with a flashlight, which instigated her escaping him, going home, and ultimately turning him in. She was MESSED UP. I think it was just a matter of time before he killed her too.

Her main crime is she would go along with anything at all...which actually makes her just as dangerous because she could easily fall into the same mess again.

Agreed.

Forum List

Back