susan smith seeks new trial...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
In her petition, Smith writes her history of being sexually abused should have been considered as her alibi.

SC mom convicted of killing 2 sons seeks new trial - CharlotteObserver.com

o hell no...i am sick of people...using this excuse ...considered as her alibi? what the hell....considered her excuse is all it is....

does anyone give thought or comment on the many number of abused people who dont abuse....

its bullmal like this ..that leads people like gunny to believe that all abused kids are "broken" blah blah fucking blah....i dont remember his exact words but that was the concept....

stop allowing this mal as an "excuse" .. and stop continue the myth that abused kids will abuse...stop it damn it....you never hear of the kids who were abused who grow up and lead good lives....(note i did not say normal cause i dont know what normal is) but lead solid productive lives and dont abuse anyone.....why is that...

I would be more outraged if she was granted an appeal. She is where she belongs and hope she rots there.

I hope she rots as well. I will never forgive that woman for what she did to those beautiful little boys.

I don't believe her story and even if true, I don't care. She needs to die a very long and painful death.

Good morning everybody!

Unless I'm mistaken, she already missed the death penalty. She's lucky already and she's where she belongs, and better off than she could be if she were somebody else. She has a supportive family, the baby's father is a good Christian who forgave her, re-married and by all accounts is a decent man.

She's not going to get off, there's no jury in the world that would let her out. It's a shame she was molested, and that does make people go nuts, but not to the point where they kill their babies. Who were screaming for her as they went down (she has talked about this). Chances are she won't do it again, but our judicial system provides for punishment as well as deterrment, and she did a thing which deserves at least two lifetimes of punishment. She's lucky it's as easy for her as it is. And the fact she wants out tells me she still isn't losing any sleep over what she did. If I had gone crazy and killed my kids, I'd WANT to stay holed up for the rest of my life. I think it's just proof that she wasn't crazy. She wants a new life, which is exactly what she wanted when she killed her babies.

I believe the law provides that lifers get a couple of shots at appealing. Once they're done, they're done. And no decent attorney would fail to make use of them.

In her petition, Smith writes her history of being sexually abused should have been considered as her alibi.

o hell no...i am sick of people...using this excuse ...considered as her alibi? what the hell....considered her excuse is all it is....

does anyone give thought or comment on the many number of abused people who dont abuse....

its bullmal like this ..that leads people like gunny to believe that all abused kids are "broken" blah blah fucking blah....i dont remember his exact words but that was the concept....

stop allowing this mal as an "excuse" .. and stop continue the myth that abused kids will abuse...stop it damn it....you never hear of the kids who were abused who grow up and lead good lives....(note i did not say normal cause i dont know what normal is) but lead solid productive lives and dont abuse anyone.....why is that...

You're right, you don't remember my exact words because I never said anything close to the words you're putting in my mouth.

If you think being abused doesn't have an impact on each and every person who is, you're fooling only you.

That does NOT necessarily mean each and every one is "broken", nor that each and every one will abuse, nor is it an excuse to for abusing others.

We call it a "justice" system because it's supposed to dispense justice. So far, all I've heard from you people is vengeance. It's not a vengeance system.

If you've been seriously *abused* (and I don't mean grounded, or slapped in the face a few times) then you are likely broken is ways you don't even know yet. It also affects everyone differently.

Example: Y'all think I have no sympathy, I'm mean, I'm uncaring, etc... I'm not, but that's the way the after-effects have chosen to assert themselves on my personality to those people I don't really know, and those that don't really know me.

I never had kids because I didn't *want* another child to go through what I went thought as a kid, and I think it's almost certain they would have. I could be wrong, but am not willing to chance it.

If you've been seriously *abused* (and I don't mean grounded, or slapped in the face a few times) then you are likely broken is ways you don't even know yet. It also affects everyone differently.

Example: Y'all think I have no sympathy, I'm mean, I'm uncaring, etc... I'm not, but that's the way the after-effects have chosen to assert themselves on my personality to those people I don't really know, and those that don't really know me.

I never had kids because I didn't *want* another child to go through what I went thought as a kid, and I think it's almost certain they would have. I could be wrong, but am not willing to chance it.

You can adopt me Dis.

Now about my back-allowance...

We call it a "justice" system because it's supposed to dispense justice. So far, all I've heard from you people is vengeance. It's not a vengeance system.

Remember, justice has a blindfold...and a sword. Justice is about dispensing punishment.

"Her modern iconography, which frequently adorns courthouses and courtrooms, conflates the attributes of several goddesses who embodied Right Rule for Greeks and Romans, blending Roman blindfolded Fortuna (luck) with Hellenistic Greek Tyche (fate), and sword-carrying Nemesis (vengeance)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Justice

images

images

images

images

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, she already missed the death penalty. She's lucky already and she's where she belongs, and better off than she could be if she were somebody else. She has a supportive family, the baby's father is a good Christian who forgave her, re-married and by all accounts is a decent man.

She's not going to get off, there's no jury in the world that would let her out. It's a shame she was molested, and that does make people go nuts, but not to the point where they kill their babies. Who were screaming for her as they went down (she has talked about this). Chances are she won't do it again, but our judicial system provides for punishment as well as deterrment, and she did a thing which deserves at least two lifetimes of punishment. She's lucky it's as easy for her as it is. And the fact she wants out tells me she still isn't losing any sleep over what she did. If I had gone crazy and killed my kids, I'd WANT to stay holed up for the rest of my life. I think it's just proof that she wasn't crazy. She wants a new life, which is exactly what she wanted when she killed her babies.
Yep, that's what it's all about. I also doubt she would do kill her kids again but there is nothing to stop her from having more and doing something almost as bad.

Knowing really nothing about this case, I really should withhold my opinion but that is my gut reaction.

Yep, that's what it's all about. I also doubt she would do kill her kids again but there is nothing to stop her from having more and doing something almost as bad.

Knowing really nothing about this case, I really should withhold my opinion but that is my gut reaction.

IIRC, she had two boys that were messing up her social life she strapped 'm in the car and drove it into the lake.

Forum List

Back