Susan Estrich Obama has no mandate to raise my taxes

:rolleyes:
right so, why is it the dems and the media told us for 8 years that the bush tax cuts were for the rich, yet now if they all expire its Armageddon?

and, why didn't they trash him for signing on to an extension in 2010?

You mean why didn't anyone on the left say anything like this back then?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3057648-post42.html

:lol:

you have reading comprehension issues, but, I knew that.....:lol:

You don't react well to getting your head handed to you.

This is going to be a laughable 4 years at least for me. I'm going to sit back and watch all the dumb ass that voted for obama, while obama fails to deliever them to the land of hopey changey and continue to blame bush trying to defend obama

What is going to be funny is watch all the repulicans sell out the rich fucks who put them in office

"Bend over Grover"

It's going to be funny watching the failure and idiots like you wondering who will help you

You mean why didn't anyone on the left say anything like this back then?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3057648-post42.html

:lol:

you have reading comprehension issues, but, I knew that.....:lol:

You don't react well to getting your head handed to you.

why because you said you didn't agree? Bully for you, I applaud YOUR consistency, you could have just said, hey I didn't agree with that then , in fact remembered that you hadn't , but your inability to comprehend English and read what I wrote led you to make a poor attempt to buttress your poor self image by employing the old rub in the face technique, and, its a fail.....:eusa_boohoo:

So,

if Obama did not get a mandate to let the top rates' cuts expire,

that means that the Republicans somehow got a mandate to extend them.

How the fuck does that work?? :lol:

hes already extended them once, I know thats inconvenient for you, but deal with it, care to square this circle? and in an economy that was a 1.5% higher in GDP....

here ya go...Obama 2009...

"Well first of all he's right. Normally, you don't raise taxes in a recession, which is why we haven't and why we have, instead, cut taxes" Obama told NBC's Chuck Todd when Todd presented a question from a viewer named Scott who asked, "Explain how raising taxes on anyone during a deep recession is going to help with the economy any?"

Obama then added, "What I have to say to Scott is his economics are right. You don't raise taxes in a recession. We haven't raised taxes in a recession....we have not proposed a tax hike for the wealthy that would take effect in the middle of a recession. Even the proposal that have come out of Congress, which by the way were different than the proposals I put forward, still wouldn't kick in until after the recession was over. So he's absolutely right. The last thing you want to do is to raise taxes in the middle of a recession."

Read more: PICKET: Obama '09 - (VIDEO) You don't raise taxes on anyone during a recession - Washington Times PICKET: Obama '09 - (VIDEO) You don't raise taxes on anyone during a recession - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

What's your point? You believe we should perpetuate 1 trillion plus deficits for the sake of GDP?

ask obama and the media, read what I am writing not what your turgid mind tells you you want to read .......and yes there is a correlation between GDP, employment and the general economic health of the country, you're welcome...:rolleyes:

hes already extended them once, I know thats inconvenient for you, but deal with it, care to square this circle? and in an economy that was a 1.5% higher in GDP....

here ya go...Obama 2009...

"Well first of all he's right. Normally, you don't raise taxes in a recession, which is why we haven't and why we have, instead, cut taxes" Obama told NBC's Chuck Todd when Todd presented a question from a viewer named Scott who asked, "Explain how raising taxes on anyone during a deep recession is going to help with the economy any?"

Obama then added, "What I have to say to Scott is his economics are right. You don't raise taxes in a recession. We haven't raised taxes in a recession....we have not proposed a tax hike for the wealthy that would take effect in the middle of a recession. Even the proposal that have come out of Congress, which by the way were different than the proposals I put forward, still wouldn't kick in until after the recession was over. So he's absolutely right. The last thing you want to do is to raise taxes in the middle of a recession."

Read more: PICKET: Obama '09 - (VIDEO) You don't raise taxes on anyone during a recession - Washington Times PICKET: Obama '09 - (VIDEO) You don't raise taxes on anyone during a recession - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

What's your point? You believe we should perpetuate 1 trillion plus deficits for the sake of GDP?

ask obama and the media, read what I am writing not what your turgid mind tells you you want to read .......and yes there is a correlation between GDP, employment and the general economic health of the country, you're welcome...:rolleyes:

Oh, you mean nobody in the media attacked Obama for the 2010 tax deal?

You mean nobody like these guys?

Maddow And Olbermann Slam Obama’s Tax Cut Compromise (VIDEO) | TPMDC

LOLOL. Grow up.

This is going to be a laughable 4 years at least for me. I'm going to sit back and watch all the dumb ass that voted for obama, while obama fails to deliever them to the land of hopey changey and continue to blame bush trying to defend obama

What is going to be funny is watch all the repulicans sell out the rich fucks who put them in office

"Bend over Grover"

It's going to be funny watching the failure and idiots like you wondering who will help you

Trickle Down is a relic of the past

About time

LOLOL. Grow up.

I thought FOX MSNBC etc. were 'outliers' in the msm?:razz:

forget about growing up, get your facts straight.

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts
December 17, 2010, 4:19 PM

In a display of compromise rarely seen during his time in office, President Obama has signed into law a $858 billion tax cut bill despite the misgivings of members of both parties.

"We are here with some good news for the American people this holiday season," Mr. Obama said.

The bill, which was largely worked out earlier this month between the White House and Congressional Republicans, extends the Bush-era tax cuts for all Americans for two years, extends unemployment benefits for 13 months and includes a one-year Social Security tax cut, among other measures.

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

December 17, 2010 at 4:36 PM EDT
President Obama Signs Tax Cut Extension into Law

President Obama signs bipartisan tax legislation that extends tax cuts signed by former President George W. Bush and renews benefits for the unemployed during a ceremony on Dec. 17, 2010.

President Obama signed $858 billion tax bill into law Friday afternoon, putting the final touches on a bipartisan compromise to prevent income tax rates from increasing before the new year.

The legislation preserves all Bush-era income tax breaks for two years, extends jobless benefits for 13 months, and cuts Social Security payroll tax rates by 2 percent for one year on income up to $106,800.

President Obama thanked Vice President Joe Biden and members of the House and Senate from both parties, who joined him for the signing ceremony.

"We are here with some good news for the American people this holiday season. By a wide, bipartisan margin, both houses of Congress have now passed a package of tax relief that will protect the middle class, that will grow our economy and will create jobs for the American people," he said.

President Obama Signs Tax Cut Extension into Law | PBS NewsHour

here for you especially-

Obama Signs Tax Cut Bill: 'Good For American People'

12/17/10

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama signed into law a huge, holiday-season tax bill extending cuts for all Americans on Friday, saluting a new spirit of political compromise as Republicans applauded and liberals seethed. The benefits range from tax cuts for millionaires and the middle class to longer-term help for the jobless.

The most significant tax legislation in nearly a decade will avert big increases that would have hit millions of people starting in two weeks on New Year's Day. Declared Obama: "We are here with some good news for the American people this holiday season."

Congress Sends $801 Billion Tax Cut Bill to Obama
By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
Published: December 16, 2010

The final vote in the House was 277 to 148 after liberal Democrats failed in one last bid to change an estate-tax provision in the bill that they said was too generous to the wealthiest Americans and that the administration agreed to in a concession to Republicans. The amendment failed, 233 to 194.

Supporting the overall measure were 139 Democrats and 138 Republicans; opposed were 112 Democrats and 36 Republicans.

The bill extends for two years all of the Bush-era tax rates and provides a one-year payroll tax cut for most American workers, delivering what economists predict will be a needed lift. The Senate approved the package on Wednesday by 81 to 19.

The White House and Republicans hailed the deal as a rare bipartisan achievement and a prototype for future hard-bargained compromises in the new era of divided government.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/17/us/politics/17cong.html?pagewanted=all

"Bend over Grover"

Trickle Down is a relic of the past

About time
Just keep thinking obama isn't failing you. When you're wondering where your government assistance help is at I'll be sitting back laughing my ass off at people like you.

That's your proof? lol, grow up asshole.

This is the link you posted. Why don't you show me where it supports anything you posted?

attachment.php

First of all, all the polls are on pollingreport, all you had to do was find them, like I did.

Second of all, answer this question, why would you even need links to the polls - you're claiming you know they're wrong,

how could you know that if you've never seen them?

That's not how it works. If you don't post the actual data to back up your numbers you made them up.

My challenge to the specific poster was to post the poll he thinks says that over 60% of the voters want to raise taxes and I will use it to show him why he is wrong. Notice how that is not saying the polls are wrong, just that the way he is interpreting the polls is wrong.

If you want to challenge me on that you have to post the actual poll, and I will use it to show how you are misinterpreting it.

If you make 300,000 in taxable income, raising the top rate from 35 to 39, for 250,000 and above,

is a tax increase of about $2000. That's the kind of numbers this 'big' debate is all about.

You must be rich if you think $2000 isn't a significant chunk of change.

Or, maybe, you are just stupid.

Well, she's an idiot if she thought her taxes weren't going to go up.

The man ran on raising taxes. He said in damn near every speech that he wanted to raise taxes. Only an idiot would cast their vote for him and then whine that he did exactly what he pledged to do.

I don't know, he promised lots of stuff in 2008 and lied his ass off, why did you think he wouldn't this time?

This is the link you posted. Why don't you show me where it supports anything you posted?

attachment.php

First of all, all the polls are on pollingreport, all you had to do was find them, like I did.

Second of all, answer this question, why would you even need links to the polls - you're claiming you know they're wrong,

how could you know that if you've never seen them?

That's not how it works. If you don't post the actual data to back up your numbers you made them up.

My challenge to the specific poster was to post the poll he thinks says that over 60% of the voters want to raise taxes and I will use it to show him why he is wrong. Notice how that is not saying the polls are wrong, just that the way he is interpreting the polls is wrong.

If you want to challenge me on that you have to post the actual poll, and I will use it to show how you are misinterpreting it.

He didn't say that.

Estrich voted for Obama, but he doesn't have a mandate to raise her taxes?

What is a mandate then?

Is it, as I have pointed out, simply a meaningless term then?

It seems to be. Bush won his second term with similar numbers, and every Democrat in congress, including Obama, was saying he had no mandate. Yet, for some reason, Obama has one now. Care to explain that, or are you simply going to call me a racist bigot partisan hack because I live in reality?

If you make 300,000 in taxable income, raising the top rate from 35 to 39, for 250,000 and above,

is a tax increase of about $2000. That's the kind of numbers this 'big' debate is all about.

You must be rich if you think $2000 isn't a significant chunk of change.

Or, maybe, you are just stupid.

We have a significant deficit/debt problem. How do you propose to fix the problem with insignificant measures?

What is a mandate then?

It seems to be. Bush won his second term with similar numbers, and every Democrat in congress, including Obama, was saying he had no mandate. Yet, for some reason, Obama has one now. Care to explain that, or are you simply going to call me a racist bigot partisan hack because I live in reality?

Nobody knows what 'mandate' means, as it supposedly applies to elected officials.

What is a mandate then?

Nobody knows what 'mandate' means, as it supposedly applies to elected officials.

In Mitten's case, had he won, it would have meant nothing because he was all over the map flip flopping like a fish out of water on every issue.

LOLOL. Grow up.

I thought FOX MSNBC etc. were 'outliers' in the msm?:razz:

forget about growing up, get your facts straight.

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts
December 17, 2010, 4:19 PM

In a display of compromise rarely seen during his time in office, President Obama has signed into law a $858 billion tax cut bill despite the misgivings of members of both parties.

"We are here with some good news for the American people this holiday season," Mr. Obama said.

The bill, which was largely worked out earlier this month between the White House and Congressional Republicans, extends the Bush-era tax cuts for all Americans for two years, extends unemployment benefits for 13 months and includes a one-year Social Security tax cut, among other measures.

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

December 17, 2010 at 4:36 PM EDT
President Obama Signs Tax Cut Extension into Law

President Obama signs bipartisan tax legislation that extends tax cuts signed by former President George W. Bush and renews benefits for the unemployed during a ceremony on Dec. 17, 2010.

President Obama signed $858 billion tax bill into law Friday afternoon, putting the final touches on a bipartisan compromise to prevent income tax rates from increasing before the new year.

The legislation preserves all Bush-era income tax breaks for two years, extends jobless benefits for 13 months, and cuts Social Security payroll tax rates by 2 percent for one year on income up to $106,800.

President Obama thanked Vice President Joe Biden and members of the House and Senate from both parties, who joined him for the signing ceremony.

"We are here with some good news for the American people this holiday season. By a wide, bipartisan margin, both houses of Congress have now passed a package of tax relief that will protect the middle class, that will grow our economy and will create jobs for the American people," he said.

President Obama Signs Tax Cut Extension into Law | PBS NewsHour

here for you especially-

12/17/10

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama signed into law a huge, holiday-season tax bill extending cuts for all Americans on Friday, saluting a new spirit of political compromise as Republicans applauded and liberals seethed. The benefits range from tax cuts for millionaires and the middle class to longer-term help for the jobless.

The most significant tax legislation in nearly a decade will avert big increases that would have hit millions of people starting in two weeks on New Year's Day. Declared Obama: "We are here with some good news for the American people this holiday season."

Congress Sends $801 Billion Tax Cut Bill to Obama
By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
Published: December 16, 2010

The final vote in the House was 277 to 148 after liberal Democrats failed in one last bid to change an estate-tax provision in the bill that they said was too generous to the wealthiest Americans and that the administration agreed to in a concession to Republicans. The amendment failed, 233 to 194.

Supporting the overall measure were 139 Democrats and 138 Republicans; opposed were 112 Democrats and 36 Republicans.

The bill extends for two years all of the Bush-era tax rates and provides a one-year payroll tax cut for most American workers, delivering what economists predict will be a needed lift. The Senate approved the package on Wednesday by 81 to 19.

The White House and Republicans hailed the deal as a rare bipartisan achievement and a prototype for future hard-bargained compromises in the new era of divided government.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/17/us/politics/17cong.html?pagewanted=all

You posted news stories from the media.

You're obviously not mature enough to accept facts when they're put in front of your face, so as I said,

grow up.

So,

if Obama did not get a mandate to let the top rates' cuts expire,

that means that the Republicans somehow got a mandate to extend them.

How the fuck does that work?? :lol:

The Republicans that were reelected ran on a platform of not raising taxes therefore they have a mandate to raise taxes.

Obama ran on a platform of not being Mitt Romney, he has a mandate to not be Mitt Romney. If you read the entire opinion piece in the OP that would have been blindingly obvious.

Forum List

Back