Survivor of the Borderland shooting? I should have been able to be armed...

Yep...a survivor of the shooting is speaking out on the truth...he should have been able to defend himself and others against the attacker....

Yeah, because some drunk college kid would have totally outdrawn a trained marine with combat experience.

There was a Security Guard and a Cop there, who were among the dead.. "the Good guy with a gun" didn't work.
An unarmed guard who could have been the first line of defense had he been able to prevent the shooter from entered the club. The LEOs were essentially ambushed from what I've read. Some of the survivors stated that the shooter took up a position of cover and essentially waited for law enforcement to show up at which point he began taking them out as well.

For all we know as a combat veteran he could have wanted to kill some cops and the bar patrons were just collateral damage.

again, this place had a security guard and a cop was there in seconds... "Good guys" weren't the problem... it was a bad guy who was able to get a gun even though he had mental issues.
Are you sure you want to pick that particular thread? He was a military veteran which by default makes him a "good guy" or in the very least "not a bad guy".

That is until something like this happens

A bad guy with a truck, bomb or anyother method is just as bad, so why is your focus on the gun only, and on the responses to that gun when it goes bad for everyone ? Political agenda ???

Bombs are illegal, and trucks are pretty strictly licensed....

If a person snaps due to whatever, and the person is very intelligent as an added problem, then that person can do very serious damage to alot of humans and property.

Yes, they can be... which is why we should really restrict who can buy a gun the way we restrict who can drive a truck.

The only answer is to identify character traits among those who show signs of mental problems. Once these problems are identified, then it's time to lose this PC bullcrap that becomes an excuse to leave the person alone, and leave him to his own evil devices, and his desired time to then strike.

Here's the problem with that.. We could probably lock up 90% of USMB members based on the crazy stuff some of us write here.
So you're not actually looking for a solution?

Yep...a survivor of the shooting is speaking out on the truth...he should have been able to defend himself and others against the attacker....

Yeah, because some drunk college kid would have totally outdrawn a trained marine with combat experience.

There was a Security Guard and a Cop there, who were among the dead.. "the Good guy with a gun" didn't work.
An unarmed guard who could have been the first line of defense had he been able to prevent the shooter from entered the club. The LEOs were essentially ambushed from what I've read. Some of the survivors stated that the shooter took up a position of cover and essentially waited for law enforcement to show up at which point he began taking them out as well.

For all we know as a combat veteran he could have wanted to kill some cops and the bar patrons were just collateral damage.
I wish the coward would have lived, and that he would have been beaten within an inch of his sorry ace life by the patrons of the bar. After that a speedy trial, and hanging by the neck until DEAD in a public hanging.

And more people in 24 states who carry and don't do it, you moron......

Hey....moron....the second link....Piranha's bar...you didn't read the link, did you? You moron.......the two guys were kicked out of the bar, you moron, and came back when it was closing....so you can't even get that right...

Doesn't matter... point is, guns and bars just don't mix...

Yes....after the bar closes, they come back after being kicked out, so there was no gun in the bar that the criminals used....making your post really stupid.

The claim that this particular mass shooting might have been stopped by armed patrons is just stupid.
Why? Because you're assuming they would have been consuming alcohol?

I heard that there was a security guard out front and that he was the first person shot, but that he was unarmed. I have no idea if he was trained on how to handle an active shooter event but you don't think had he been armed that maybe the shooter wouldn't have been able to carry out as much carnage as he did?

I never opposed armed security in any venue. In may instances, I would encourage armed security. That's not the same as random customers bringing their own guns.

The claim that this particular mass shooting might have been stopped by armed patrons is just stupid.
Why? Because you're assuming they would have been consuming alcohol?

I heard that there was a security guard out front and that he was the first person shot, but that he was unarmed. I have no idea if he was trained on how to handle an active shooter event but you don't think had he been armed that maybe the shooter wouldn't have been able to carry out as much carnage as he did?

I never opposed armed security in any venue. In may instances, I would encourage armed security. That's not the same as random customers bringing their own guns.

And yet it is allowed in 24 states and they don't have a problem....... you carry a gun, you simply don't drink alcohol..... and you keep mass shooters from targeting that location simply by your being there.....and you are against that...

What keeps them from drinking? Your favorite phrase is "criminals don't care about laws" How many do you think are drinking with a gun hidden in their pocket?

What keeps them from drinking? Your favorite phrase is "criminals don't care about laws" How many do you think are drinking with a gun hidden in their pocket?
What keeps who from drinking ???? He's talking about good guy's and gals being sober at the bar with their gun's, and he's not talking about criminals having gun's hidden in their pockets at the bar while drinking.

Spin wash repeat, spin wash repeat, spin wash repeat is all the Demon-crats have instead of solutions.

Forum List

Back