Survivor of the Borderland shooting? I should have been able to be armed...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep...a survivor of the shooting is speaking out on the truth...he should have been able to defend himself and others against the attacker....

Borderline Bar & Grill Survivor: 'I Should Have Been Able To Be Armed'

Well, at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, CA, we have one survivor who says he would have liked to have been that good guy with a gun, only he couldnā€™t be.

Last night I went to the country bar Borderline in Thousand Oaks, California with my girlfriend Ally and her two friends. I am 20 years old and have lived in Thousand Oaks my whole life. I currently go to California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks and am a sophomore.

We were having a great time, until at about 11:20 pm when shots started going off. Smoke grenades were thrown by the entrance, which limited my view of the shooter. It was a pistol I believe, and as the shots started, my girlfriend and I ducked behind the DJ booth.

ā€¦

I believe this area was a gun free zone, and although there was security, I donā€™t believe any were armed. I do know that one security officer was killed right when the shooting started.

If just one person was armed, there is a possibility that it could have been stopped then and there. This is why gun free zones are a danger to us all, and if someone had been there armed, those people would still be alive.

The author of this, a man named Alex Chatoff, praised the police for their quick response in taking out the killer, but he has a point. People inside the bar could have done that as wellā€¦if California law didnā€™t do so much to discourage people from being able to protect themselves.

Guns in a bar. Sure, what could go wrong there

Not much.....

Allowing guns into bars has ā€˜surprisingā€™ result - WND

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.

But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.

According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.

In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didnā€™t serve alcohol ā€“ thus unrelated to the new law ā€“ and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.

ā€œThe numbers basically just confirm what weā€™ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,ā€ Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. ā€œKeep in mind what the other side was saying ā€“ that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.ā€

Read more at Allowing guns into bars has ā€˜surprisingā€™ result - WND

More.....actual research by Richmond Times-Dispatch

Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants

The number of major crimes involving firearms at bars and restaurants statewide declined 5.2 percent from July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2011, compared with the fiscal year before the law went into effect, according to crime data compiled by Virginia State Police at the newspaper's request.

Not much.....

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.

But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.

According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.

In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didnā€™t serve alcohol ā€“ thus unrelated to the new law ā€“ and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.

ā€œThe numbers basically just confirm what weā€™ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,ā€ Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. ā€œKeep in mind what the other side was saying ā€“ that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.ā€

The number of major crimes involving firearms at bars and restaurants statewide declined 5.2 percent from July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2011, compared with the fiscal year before the law went into effect, according to crime data compiled by Virginia State Police at the newspaper's request.

World Nut Daily advocates guns in bars. Why am I not surprised?

So it's learned now that the shooter was anti-christian, and a leftist ???? Well, well, well..

Just heard on the news that the gunman was making statements condemning prayers and thoughts as being an inappropriate response to the past shootings.

So this guy's hatred of Christ humble teachings, and Christian's was a reason to go stupid on innocent people ????

It's time to open back up our major mental institutions in this country once again, and it's time to start locking these people up before they strike or hurt anymore innocent people in this nation.

Time to bring back public hangings, and maybe even add the gillotine back to the line up if have too.

So it's learned now that the shooter was anti-christian, and a leftist ???? Well, well, well..

Just heard on the news that the gunman was making statements condemning prayers and thoughts as being an inappropriate response to the past shootings.

So this guy's hatred of Christ humble teachings, and Christian's was a reason to go stupid on innocent people ????

It's time to open back up our major mental institutions in this country once again, and it's time to start locking these people up before they strike or hurt anymore innocent people in this nation.

Time to bring back public hangings, and maybe even add the gillotine back to the line up if have too.

Did you really hear that on the news, or was it some crazy right wing broadcast?

Not much.....

World Nut Daily advocates guns in bars. Why am I not surprised?
Until liberals/leftist quit spreading their poison upon this nation, then yes it's time to secure ourselves from the evilness that is running rampant today in America.

Did you really hear that on the news, or was it some crazy right wing broadcast?
The facts will continue to come out, so deny all you want, and spin it all you can, but the facts will rule the day in the end.

No one knows his motives yet. Naturally that won't stop folks from pointing their fingers in a rush to blame the other side.

The facts will continue to come out, so deny all you want, and spin it all you can, but the facts will rule the day in the end.

So I'll put a check by "you heard it on some crazy right wing broadcast" then.

Is this why some people are claiming he is an anti-Christian lefty?

"Yeah.. Iā€™m insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is ā€˜hopes and prayersā€™.. or ā€˜keep you in my thoughtsā€™ā€¦ every timeā€¦ and wonder why these keep happeningā€¦ā€

Ian Long: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

So I'll put a check by "you heard it on some crazy right wing broadcast" then.
If Fox News is what you say, then check it.

"Yeah.. Iā€™m insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is ā€˜hopes and prayersā€™.. or ā€˜keep you in my thoughtsā€™ā€¦ every timeā€¦ and wonder why these keep happeningā€¦ā€

His actions after that quote sealed the deal.

He's mocking b/c that appears the only thing that ever happens after these seemingly weekly events. Everyone offers their prayers/condolences and nothing happens. That isn't a strong enough case to claim he's some anti-Christian lefty. From what I gather he was a mean, volatile, and solitary person possible suffering from PTSD from his time in Afghanistan. His motives are unclear at the moment and that's if he even had any or left clues as to what they were.

He's mocking b/c that appears the only thing that ever happens after these seemingly weekly events. Everyone offers their prayers/condolences and nothing happens. That isn't a strong enough case to claim he's some anti-Christian lefty. From what I gather he was a mean, volatile, and solitary person possible suffering from PTSD from his time in Afghanistan. His motives are unclear at the moment and that's if he even had any or left clues as to what they were.
Mocking ??? And then he commits the act in order to show that prayers and thoughts are useless against his special kind of evil ????? Yeah that's a very rational thought process behind his actions for sure... NOT !!!!!!!!!!!! Ohh yeah, that's the ticket, just go and show those Christians just how weak they are when they want to send their prayers and thoughts for the very attrocities people like this idiot committed against them.

Mocking ??? And then he commits the act in order to show that prayers and thoughts are useless against his special kind of evil ????? Yeah that's a very rational thought process behind his actions for sure... NOT !!!!!!!!!!!! Ohh yeah, that's the ticket, just go and show those Christians just how weak they are when they want to send their prayers and thoughts for the very attrocities people like this idiot committed against them.

Yeah, I get it, You've convinced yourself this murderer was a wild-eye lefty lunatic b/c that confirms biases. It's a common practice with the devoutly partisan around here.

Yeah, I get it, You've convinced yourself this murderer was a wild-eye lefty lunatic b/c that confirms biases. It's a common practice with the devoutly partisan around here.
Hey, his quotes said it all.. No further debate needed.

After reading some of his writings, it seems like he was experiencing some mind conditioning. Much of his writings that have been released are really just a repeat of what we hear from the talking heads on television and things like that. Pretty much word for word.

People kind of tend to adopt whatever they hear. It's disturbing, really. Kind of like everybody's now calling our Republic our Democracy all of a sudden. People just repeat what they hear from mainstream programming like common sheep. They don't call it programming for nothing. And then they act on falsehoods. Everybody's all of a sudden defending our Democracy and forgetting the fact that we're precisely the opposite of that. That's the same kind of top down mind conditioning.

Last edited:
Of course, the ptsd didn't help. They're creating killers and sending them off to war against people who haven't even done anything to us. I'm fairly confident that we'll learn that he was prescribed an on psychotropic drugs. Pretty much every modern mass shooter was prescribed and on them. Except this one was a trained killer. It's almost too convenient. Nobody ever talks about it, though, the prescription drugs. Political agendas seem more important than actually discussng real factors that make people suicidal and experience violent tendencies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back