Survivor. Are you watching?

I'm glad Tony won. He deserved it more than anyone else. Even those he had deceived knew that as was demonstrated by the final vote.

Actually, I thought it was a little weird that his wife wasn't there. I mean, when they had loved ones visit she didn't show because it would have involved traveling to a foreign country and she was home taking care of their 4-month-old baby. That I could understand.

But back in the United States she couldn't find a way to make it to the reunion show???? I wonder if they're having problems. I just thought it was weird that she wasn't there.

I haven't watched the entire reunion show yet, have it recorded. Did she show up later in the show?

She's due to pop any time with the new baby she is carrying. That's why she didn't make it. However, I thought it strange she did not go see him during the show. Something is up with that. Just not sure what.

I don't know, maybe Tony's wife doesn't like to travel or trust babysitters.

I'm not going to respond to the flame at all, worthess to tell someone not to watch something they don't like. They re-ran the entire final episode and reunion show on some cable channel yesterday. At one point during the reunion, the jury members were asked if they would've voted Kass over Woo, and the majority of them said yes, for whever that's worth. Woo was drawing dead if that's true.

I don't know, maybe Tony's wife doesn't like to travel or trust babysitters.

I'm not going to respond to the flame at all, worthess to tell someone not to watch something they don't like. They re-ran the entire final episode and reunion show on some cable channel yesterday. At one point during the reunion, the jury members were asked if they would've voted Kass over Woo, and the majority of them said yes, for whever that's worth. Woo was drawing dead if that's true.

I'm sorry you took that as flame, but that was just advice. If I felt the way about the program as you do, I wouldn't watch it.

And, I think you misunderstood what went on in the re-union. When Jeff asked the jury if Woo had taken Kass to the end, how many would vote for Woo, I think they said they would have voted for Woo, not Kass, as you have stated.

That's the case Tony said he made to you. But that actually wouldn't have been the case, according to the jury. Did you really think you had a better shot at beating Tony than Kass?
Woo: It was clear at the live reunion show, when Jeff said, "Hey, if Woo takes Kass, who votes for Woo?" And everyone raises their hand. Ouch. That was the toughest feeling.

Survivor's Woo: "I Feel Like a Millionaire" - seattlepi.com

Woo is just too damn nice for that game.

Woo just didn't draw any emotion from anyone...he was too blah. Yes, he's a nice guy, but he didn't do much to make us think he was really playing the game. At least Spencer got a reaction out of the viewers..you either liked him or you didn't.

Oh, I cant get the reunion show video to play correctly, but I think you are right - they were asking about Woo, not Kass. Someone in the studio audience yelled out something like "no Kass!", and Kass herself indicates so:

Speaking of that vote, the jury said at the reunion that they would have given Woo the money over you. Do you think that is really the case? Did that surprise you at all?
I'm not surprised that that happened at the reunion show, but I think eight months ago, or however many months it's been, on the beach it's a different story. There's a lot of revisionism out there. I heard that at Ponderosa it was 4 to 5 and all I had to do was sway one person. Whether that's true or not, I might have been able to do that. ... I think I could've given both boys a run for their money, and I would have had fun doing it. I would have probably owned the game in a manner that was not apologetic.

'Survivor: Cagayan's' Kass McQuillen: 'I could've given both boys a run for their money' in the finals - Zap2it | News & Features

Take it with a grain of salt coming from Kass, but even she admits it. I thought your comment to stop watching the show was like telling somebody not to vote again if they didn't like the winner, but I think you meant that there was no point making yourself miserable if the experience was that negative.

But it really wasn't, I did not like the superII or that production let Tony bluff with it. It's probably a good thing Tony won, maybe now he can quit the police force. He has a ruthless streak that's dangerous in a cop - easy to see him plant evidence. He'll be back on the show, Kass and Spencer too. The super-late family visit set all that up.

Actually, I thought it was a little weird that his wife wasn't there. I mean, when they had loved ones visit she didn't show because it would have involved traveling to a foreign country and she was home taking care of their 4-month-old baby. That I could understand.

But back in the United States she couldn't find a way to make it to the reunion show???? I wonder if they're having problems. I just thought it was weird that she wasn't there.

I haven't watched the entire reunion show yet, have it recorded. Did she show up later in the show?

As Gracie said, at the reunion show Jeff said that Tony's wife wasn't there because she was pregnant and pretty well at full term with the newest baby. If they're having trouble, some gossip rag will out them.

Oh, good! I sure hope everything is okay between Tony and his wife.

Seems odd they wouldn't have her participate in the runion show via Skype or something. Maybe I'm just thinking too much. But I think it's the first time in the history of Survivor that a significant participant's major loved-one was so...absent.

Last edited:
Oh, I cant get the reunion show video to play correctly, but I think you are right - they were asking about Woo, not Kass. Someone in the studio audience yelled out something like "no Kass!", and Kass herself indicates so:

Speaking of that vote, the jury said at the reunion that they would have given Woo the money over you. Do you think that is really the case? Did that surprise you at all?
I'm not surprised that that happened at the reunion show, but I think eight months ago, or however many months it's been, on the beach it's a different story. There's a lot of revisionism out there. I heard that at Ponderosa it was 4 to 5 and all I had to do was sway one person. Whether that's true or not, I might have been able to do that. ... I think I could've given both boys a run for their money, and I would have had fun doing it. I would have probably owned the game in a manner that was not apologetic.

'Survivor: Cagayan's' Kass McQuillen: 'I could've given both boys a run for their money' in the finals - Zap2it | News & Features

Take it with a grain of salt coming from Kass, but even she admits it. I thought your comment to stop watching the show was like telling somebody not to vote again if they didn't like the winner, but I think you meant that there was no point making yourself miserable if the experience was that negative.
Yep, that's what I meant. I quit watching Boardwalk Empire, and Once Upon a Time because I found myself criticizing everything about the program while watching it with my husband and he was getting annoyed because he didn't feel the same way....then I realized that I really wasn't enjoying watching them anymore. Eventually he also came to the same conclusion and stopped watching them, too.

I like Survivor because even when a certain player annoys the hell out of me, I realize that others may not see it the same way. I didn't like Tony's ways and for that reason I didn't want him to win, but in the end, you have to admit that he really outplayed them and truly deserved to win more than any of the others.

But it really wasn't, I did not like the superII or that production let Tony bluff with it. It's probably a good thing Tony won, maybe now he can quit the police force. He has a ruthless streak that's dangerous in a cop - easy to see him plant evidence. He'll be back on the show, Kass and Spencer too. The super-late family visit set all that up.
I guess Production allows them to do whatever their conscience allows them to do. Those of us who wouldn't do such things are annoyed that they get away with it, but that's life. And, you're probably right about Tony, but I would hope that he wouldn't use those tactics in his job, but it's our conscience that allows us to do what we do and if he was able to do it in the game, he probably would do it in real life. Just like J'Tia spilling the rice....I bet she's not one to be trusted working with as a nuclear engineer....she'd make me nervous.

My fire is burnt out on this show. Somehow there are things that seem far from reality on it.

Most of us don't watch it for 'reality' I think. I sure don't. I understand that it is a intensely edited show designed to entertain its viewers, and that we see only a tiny fraction of what actually goes on. And what we are allowed to see is engineered to be entertaining and provoke emotional response. But there is enough truth to it to make it entertaining and I enjoy it immensely.
I could be wrong but when the show started it appeared the people wore(or not) the clothes they arrived in for the whole show duration unwashed, etc. Now the women are wearing similar bikinis and don't ever grow any unwanted hair(possible pre-lasered hair removed?). Everyone seems to have plenty of time to prepare for the show. I am surprised that some don't have more wild verbal outbursts.

Last edited:
My fire is burnt out on this show. Somehow there are things that seem far from reality on it.

Most of us don't watch it for 'reality' I think. I sure don't. I understand that it is a intensely edited show designed to entertain its viewers, and that we see only a tiny fraction of what actually goes on. And what we are allowed to see is engineered to be entertaining and provoke emotional response. But there is enough truth to it to make it entertaining and I enjoy it immensely.
I could be wrong but when the show started it appeared the people wore(or not) the clothes they arrived in for the whole show duration unwashed, etc. Now the women are wearing similar bikinis and don't ever grow any unwanted hair(possible pre-lasered hair removed?). Everyone seems to have plenty of time to prepare for the show. I am surprised that some don't have more wild verbal outbursts.

Yes, I've noticed that too. The guys grow beards but the women never seem to need to shave their legs or bikini lines or whatever. Probably they are are ordered to have laser hair removal done before the show? The producers say they are not allowed to have knives or razors or anything like that.

Obviously a tropical jungle setting is always chosen to make those bikinis proper attire that would not be the case in other kinds of environs.

So we all know that the show is contrived and heavily edited for our entertainment--that is the purpose of it after all--but there is sufficient reality to it too to keep it interesting. To me anyway.

Oh and I read that at the final show, Tony's wife who is very pregnant again was ordered to bed rest and the doctor would not allow her to attend the show.

Yes, I've noticed that too. The guys grow beards but the women never seem to need to shave their legs or bikini lines or whatever. Probably they are are ordered to have laser hair removal done before the show? The producers say they are not allowed to have knives or razors or anything like that.

Obviously a tropical jungle setting is always chosen to make those bikinis proper attire that would not be the case in other kinds of environs.

So we all know that the show is contrived and heavily edited for our entertainment--that is the purpose of it after all--but there is sufficient reality to it too to keep it interesting. To me anyway.

I only remember one show, done in Africa, where they may not have been wearing bikinis, but it was warm weather, so maybe they were. I guess it's become so much a part of the show that it doesn't stand out anymore, at least not to me.

Forum List

Back