Survivor. Are you watching?

Why Trish? Tony voted for Trish? I didn't see that coming. I was rather expecting him to give her the regular idol to play since this was the last week they could use one. Sometimes I think I don't have this game figured out at all.

Didn't Tony tell everyone (a lie of course) that the special idol could be played all the way down to 4 people left over? Just so no one in his alliance would expect Tony to give it up to any of them?

Why Trish? Tony voted for Trish? I didn't see that coming. I was rather expecting him to give her the regular idol to play since this was the last week they could use one. Sometimes I think I don't have this game figured out at all.

I don't know but I think maybe Tony is trying to regain some trust from Woo? That was a surprise to me, too.

Didn't Tony tell everyone (a lie of course) that the special idol could be played all the way down to 4 people left over? Just so no one in his alliance would expect Tony to give it up to any of them?

Dunno. Something to think about though. But I would think Tony would have less to fear from Trish in the final three with the jury than he would with Spencer or Woo. I think he wants Kass there because he figures nobody on the jury will vote for her. But now if he is in the final three, he will compete with Spencer or Woo, neither of whom have made any enemies.

Last edited:
So the winner is announced and the coulda-woulda-shoulda second guessing is in play.

When did they stop giving out the favorite player award? I think #2 should have had that.

What a great game Survivor was this go round. And, just as most of us suspected, Tony was able to win the million, and after all that went down, he really did deserve it over any of the ones that were left.

I was disappointed that Spenser wasn't in the mix. As it turns out, had he been part of the Final Two, he probably would have beat out Tony. Spenser won several immunity challenges, and fought against the odds of him even remaining in the game being cast into the worst team ever to begin with, and having to deal with 3 women, one who was loony tunes and another a smart ass. I'm disappointed that they didn't have a "Favorite Player" award, because I'm sure he would have won it.

I think Woo made a million dollar mistake by taking Tony to the end, but then, Kass might have been able to give them such a good speech about why she should be the winner, considering she's a lawyer and probably pretty savvy about giving influential speeches, that maybe Woo didn't have a chance either way.

Can hardly wait for the next Survivor.....again they are pitting relatives against each other...should be interesting.

My fire is burnt out on this show. Somehow there are things that seem far from reality on it.

Most of us don't watch it for 'reality' I think. I sure don't. I understand that it is a intensely edited show designed to entertain its viewers, and that we see only a tiny fraction of what actually goes on. And what we are allowed to see is engineered to be entertaining and provoke emotional response. But there is enough truth to it to make it entertaining and I enjoy it immensely.

Don't care too much for the BvW season planned for next fall, either. How will the viewer really be able to tell the blood from the water with all new people?

My fire is burnt out on this show. Somehow there are things that seem far from reality on it.

Yes, the blatant riggging this season has left a bad taste in my mouth. You could tell they really wanted a Tony win last night.

Every other time, at F5, Jeff would warn everybody that the idol was about to expire. but he didn't with Tony. And I don't care what they say, you can't tell me people as intelligent as Tasha and Spencer don't have enough sense to go looking for HIIs - only Russell and Tony bothered?

Then there was all the guilt-tripping Jeff did on Woo at the F3 TC and all those leading questions - "Do you value your loyalty to Tony?" "Isn't Tony primarily responsible for you being here?" "Your alliance with Tony reflects your core values, correct?" "Have you thought about taking Kass instead?" "If you took Kass, how do you think that would look?" "Okay, now what about Tony?"

And they let Spencer play Tony's defense attorney right before the final vote and he went last, even though it should've been Kass' spot. They did that before with other finalists, but that's very unfair to the other contestant that doesn't have an advocate placed on the jury.

Don't care too much for the BvW season planned for next fall, either. How will the viewer really be able to tell the blood from the water with all new people?

It's not like they don't introduce them at the start...:D

Yes, the blatant riggging this season has left a bad taste in my mouth. You could tell they really wanted a Tony win last night.
I seriously doubt that the Program directs the votes for the person they want to win. It wouldn't take long for someone to blow the whistle on that one. Naive.

Every other time, at F5, Jeff would warn everybody that the idol was about to expire. but he didn't with Tony. And I don't care what they say, you can't tell me people as intelligent as Tasha and Spencer don't have enough sense to go looking for HIIs - only Russell and Tony bothered?
It takes effort and cunningness to be able to pull away from the rest to go digging for an idol. The others may not have been as clever as Tony. I'm not sure that if I was on Survivor I would go sticking my hand/arm into the trunk of a tree with debris in it...ew...not to mention snakes and spiders!

Then there was all the guilt-tripping Jeff did on Woo at the F3 TC and all those leading questions - "Do you value your loyalty to Tony?" "Isn't Tony primarily responsible for you being here?" "Your alliance with Tony reflects your core values, correct?" "Have you thought about taking Kass instead?" "If you took Kass, how do you think that would look?" "Okay, now what about Tony?"
The program is taping every move each player makes. They knew as we all did too, by watching the program, that Woo places a lot of value on loyalty, honesty, etc., why wouldn't that be something that would be brought up?

And they let Spencer play Tony's defense attorney right before the final vote and he went last, even though it should've been Kass' spot. They did that before with other finalists, but that's very unfair to the other contestant that doesn't have an advocate placed on the jury.
Do you know for a fact that Spenser didn't request to be last? We don't know how they choose who goes first....it didn't look to me like it was in the order they got fried.

As cynical as you are, you probably won't enjoy the next program. My advice to you - Don't watch it!

I really wish Woo would have won. But let's face it. He is just to honorable for a game like Survivor.

It's not like they don't introduce them at the start...:D

I seriously doubt that the Program directs the votes for the person they want to win. It wouldn't take long for someone to blow the whistle on that one. Naive.

It takes effort and cunningness to be able to pull away from the rest to go digging for an idol. The others may not have been as clever as Tony. I'm not sure that if I was on Survivor I would go sticking my hand/arm into the trunk of a tree with debris in it...ew...not to mention snakes and spiders!

The program is taping every move each player makes. They knew as we all did too, by watching the program, that Woo places a lot of value on loyalty, honesty, etc., why wouldn't that be something that would be brought up?

Do you know for a fact that Spenser didn't request to be last? We don't know how they choose who goes first....it didn't look to me like it was in the order they got fried.

As cynical as you are, you probably won't enjoy the next program. My advice to you - Don't watch it!

I agree Mertex. Certainly the show is heavily edited to generate emotional response from the viewing audience, but I've never thought it was rigged toward any particular winner.

I really wish Woo would have won. But let's face it. He is just to honorable for a game like Survivor.

I had been pulling for Tony for some weeks, but last night I was emotionally pulling for Woo. Still it was okay that Tony won because I thought him deserving. I really REALLY wanted them to issue a fan's favorite prize last night and for Woo to get it.

I had been pulling for Tony for some weeks, but last night I was emotionally pulling for Woo. Still it was okay that Tony won because I thought him deserving. I really REALLY wanted them to issue a fan's favorite prize last night and for Woo to get it.

Except I think Spenser would have won it. Jeff mentioned several times last night that Spenser was a "fan favorite".

Spencer is a jerk. I disliked him all through the game and I disliked him at the end. I am glad he didn't win anything. His crap about pushing for Tony was exactly that. Crap.

Spencer is a jerk. I disliked him all through the game and I disliked him at the end. I am glad he didn't win anything. His crap about pushing for Tony was exactly that. Crap.

You didn't like Spencer, but he was a fan favorite. He'll probably will be back, especially since so many liked him. His speech at the end probably turned some that were sounding like they didn't like Tony to vote for him. Woo didn't understand the game or he wouldn't have made that million dollar mistake.

Woo is just too nice. I don't mind seeing Spencer again, either. It will just take some more "growing" on his part to make me appreciate his gameplay.

Woo is just too nice. I don't mind seeing Spencer again, either. It will just take some more "growing" on his part to make me appreciate his gameplay.

For being only 20 years old, I think he did quite well. Woo is nice, but we all know the game of Survivor requires lying, manipulating and fooling people without making them too mad at you, and even when you make them mad, they will recognize your ability to Outwit, Outlast, Outplay....no one would have questioned Woo's loyalty if he had chosen Kass to go with him to the end, and he would have been a million dollar richer.

Oh well, I don't much care for the Blood vs Water approach they're doing next, but let's see how that goes. I just hope they don't bring whiny Colton and his boyfriend back.

Forum List

Back