Survivalist/Preppers

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
I know there's gotta be a few members on this board who are. I am interested in learning more about it.

Some questions I have are...…...

1. Why do you prep? Or better yet, just what are you prepping for?

2. What is your main goal?

3. If SHTF tomorrow......just how long do you think you could survive using only what you have stored?

4. If you were able to supplement your supplies???

5. What types of skills do you have or need to learn to survive whatever doomsday event?

6. What are your current challenges to meet your goal?

7. Have you practiced with your supplies, to work out any kinks in your system before you really need them??? Do you know how they work? How to replenish?

8. Just how many are you prepping for???

And the list of questions goes on, but plenty to start.

Personally I see myself more as a homesteader but there are many similarities between those groups as well as differences and I want to learn more about those differences for a different perspective. What I know and can do is a great advantage, but there's more I need to learn. So what say you???

Dammit, I came here because I thought it said "peppers" :mad:

If you look down to the bottom of the page, this very site (its ownership) runs another board called "Prepper Forums", which is about as opportunistic a venture as can be imagined. I only know that because this site used to redirect me there, but perhaps you can find the hair-on-fire info you seek. :)

It's a joke, dammit. :D

buuuuut……..you may be right.

Maybe I should have presented it a bit differently, like...….

Look at those crazy preppers, did you know some of the stupid things they do and why???

I know there's gotta be a few members on this board who are. I am interested in learning more about it.

3. If SHTF tomorrow......just how long do you think you could survive using only what you have stored?

5. What types of skills do you have or need to learn to survive whatever doomsday event?

7. Have you practiced with your supplies, to work out any kinks in your system before you really need them??? Do you know how they work? How to replenish?

Personally I see myself more as a homesteader but there are many similarities between those groups as well as differences and I want to learn more about those differences for a different perspective. What I know and can do is a great advantage, but there's more I need to learn. So what say you???
do you wear a seatbelt???

because thats prepping,,,

Dammit, I came here because I thought it said "peppers" :mad:

If you look down to the bottom of the page, this very site (its ownership) runs another board called "Prepper Forums", which is about as opportunistic a venture as can be imagined. I only know that because this site used to redirect me there, but perhaps you can find the hair-on-fire info you seek. :)

Yeah well....since this board has a topic or forum for just about everything else besides politics...….I didn't see a valid reason to go to the basement

boat-accident.jpg

I already live off-grid, so "prepping" is a matter of daily life. As far as long term preparations, we are prone to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, either of which can disrupt shipments of supplies. How do I "prep"? I keep my electric appliances to an absolute minimum. Many of the things I use are hand-powered. Even my washing machine is people-powered and we hang the laundry to dry. (Mashed potatoes are a bit lumpy, but you get used to that.) Even though I keep 55 gal drums of fuel available, I have to constantly rotate the fuel. Fuel will be the most difficult to acquire if SHTF. I also keep a good stock of ammunition because I suspect some of the townies will make it out this far and I WILL defend myself and mine. If nothing else, there is one small bridge connecting me to the main road system, bridge can be brought down and that would stop a great majority of interlopers. A well-stocked root cellar, homemade cheese, and livestock also contribute to my longevity. I am not what you would call a "prepper". This is a lifestyle choice and is pretty common in Alaska. Lots of folks choose to live off-grid and put in the sweat equity to live a healthy life connected closely with their environment.

Okay, ISHTF tomorrow I would get looped and find someone to kiss my ass goodbye as I'm too old and broken down to do it myself...........

Okay, ISHTF tomorrow I would get looped and find someone to kiss my ass goodbye as I'm too old and broken down to do it myself...........
Just another aspect of prepping, Ringel.

Seriously, my bolt hole is well supplied....Not because we're "preppers" per se, but because sporadic exigent situations inherent to our rural location has caused us to acquire a nice collection of emergency supplies and equipment.

The zombie apocalypse could happen tomorrow and, assuming I could make it to said bolt hole, everything would be just fine for myself and the fam.

I already live off-grid, so "prepping" is a matter of daily life. As far as long term preparations, we are prone to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, either of which can disrupt shipments of supplies. How do I "prep"? I keep my electric appliances to an absolute minimum. Many of the things I use are hand-powered. Even my washing machine is people-powered and we hang the laundry to dry. (Mashed potatoes are a bit lumpy, but you get used to that.) Even though I keep 55 gal drums of fuel available, I have to constantly rotate the fuel. Fuel will be the most difficult to acquire if SHTF. I also keep a good stock of ammunition because I suspect some of the townies will make it out this far and I WILL defend myself and mine. If nothing else, there is one small bridge connecting me to the main road system, bridge can be brought down and that would stop a great majority of interlopers. A well-stocked root cellar, homemade cheese, and livestock also contribute to my longevity. I am not what you would call a "prepper". This is a lifestyle choice and is pretty common in Alaska. Lots of folks choose to live off-grid and put in the sweat equity to live a healthy life connected closely with their environment.

I would put you way ahead of myself as a homesteader because you have more land and variety of animals and being off grid. We are similar in that we can provide a certain amount of our own food on an ongoing basis (sustainability). I agree it's a lifestyle choice and it's also necessary given where we live for natural disasters that could potentially be of Biblical proportions. Left coast states and especially Alaska and Washington, not only have the potential for 'the BIG one' earthquake, we also have those volcanos and God forbid should one trigger the other simultaneously

Seriously, my bolt hole is well supplied....Not because we're "preppers" per se, but because sporadic exigent situations inherent to our rural location has caused us to acquire a nice collection of emergency supplies and equipment.

The zombie apocalypse could happen tomorrow and, assuming I could make it to said bolt hole, everything would be just fine for myself and the fam.

Let me know when they show up, k???

THE-NSA-IS-8w7yq8.jpg

I could survive in place for awhile, but not indefinitely. Not sure I would want to anyway if things get that bad.

Well, looked at that way, "prepping" is relative, innit.

I was reminded by last night's power failure that my UPS system needs a battery change so I'm working on that now. And when I got snowed in for a week my food stock didn't even show a dent. That's as far as I need to go.

Well, looked at that way, "prepping" is relative, innit.

I was reminded by last night's power failure that my UPS system needs a battery change so I'm working on that now. And when I got snowed in for a week my food stock didn't even show a dent. That's as far as I need to go.
A lot of preparation has to do with your location, I suppose. I live an hour away from town. Any of the small convenience stores and gas stations between here and there would be stripped bare before very long. I'd rather just hunker down for the duration and stay at home. I do the same thing on weekends, just hang at home.

I am way behind...
I am still prepping for Y2K.

About all I have is guns. Just gonna have to take shit Negan style..
images - 2019-05-07T122057.953.jpeg

Forum List

Back