Survival

Have any of you ever just walked out into the woods for a few days with nothing but what you can carry in your pockets?

I have to admit I love shows like Survivor Man and Dual Survival

I actually heard about Cody Lundin years ago and thought he was pretty cool.

I do not watch Man vs Wild as I see that show as a sensationalized version of exactly what not to do in a survival situation.

But to get back to the original question. Have you ever put yourself in a survival situation?

And would you think it fun to practice the needed skills in a semi controlled environment?

Try 6 weeks in the jungles of Cambodia with only what you carry.
And people trying to kill ya.

Challenging yes, fun no.

Wow, that pretty much out-does everyone else's survival skills and any other future talk of such.

Tell me, why were these people trying to kill you ?

:eusa_eh:

You know, I question whether hard times necessarily bring out the worst in people every time.

In every natural disaster I've ever been in people actually went out of their way to help their neighbors.

I guess if things get truly truly horrible anarchy will rule the day.

But I think in most circumstances and with most people, when things break down people actually become more civil, more cooperative, and generally better citizens than they are during normal times.

At least that's been my limited experience when the infrastructure breaks down.

I agree with a normal natural disaster, people tend to socialize more, and are civil...

But in a long term disaster, let's say we get zapped by some major solar storm and the electric grids go down for a few years....that means no clean water being pumped, no gasoline to transport goods or to drive the tractors in farming, no internet, no tv, even no fuel for generators, and no power to even fix what is wrong with the grids etc....

you are looking at massive starvation and massive clean water shortages...from our history, of the great famines of the past, things get very very very ugly....each man fending for himself....yes, there still may be small groups of people in a clan, fending for themselves, but ugly none the less.

Have you ever watched the series on National Geographic or the Discovery Channel called "the colony"?

How to distill clean water in an emergency:And on the bright side we'll have plenty of useless machinery to convert into more efficient water distilleries.

And you can make your own electricity with an alternator windmill.

Last edited:
i have never putted myself in that kind of situation.this is not adventure ,this is idiotic things ...i never want to do that in my life ever this is just stupidity!!!

Forum List

Back