Survey

By what time/date will Nancy Pelosi rescind Trumps invitation.

• Before noon, Friday

• Saturday

• Sunday

• less than 2 hours before the scheduled time

• she won't recind the invitiation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
on the State of the Union

(Damn typo)

Last edited:
The President has the right to call a meeting of Congress and he doesn’t need nancy or chucks approval to do so.

Trump should bypass Congress and give the SOTU in a big stadium.

Problem solved.

Problem solved.

I agree. He could give the SOTU anywhere and he sure doesn't need Congress at all.

It would also give him complete control of the stagecraft and narrative of what his admin has accomplished, the issues we face today, and what needs to be done.

Problem solved.

I agree. He could give the SOTU anywhere and he sure doesn't need Congress at all.

It would also give him complete control of the stagecraft and narrative of what his admin has accomplished, the issues we face today, and what needs to be done.

Yup a great way to lay out his agenda and just what he and his people have accomplished.

Who needs congress, Pelousy or the other nitwits??

Problem solved.

Yup a great way to lay out his agenda and just what he and his people have accomplished.

As Nance and Chuckles won't even negotiate with Trump, he should just take his case to The People. That's what really terrifies the Dems.

ChukNan Things.jpeg

Pelosi hasn't actually rescinded her earlier invitation for him to give the SOTU, and Trump plans on sailing in and saying his piece on the 29th.
Much ado about nothing.

Actually if I were Trump I would televise the State of the Union Address from the Oval Office and send a copy of it to congress to be hand delivered two days later. I would also up the amount he is asking for to 7.5 billion. Might as well up the amount since pellet brain Pelosi does not want to negotiate why not go higher?

Problem solved.

As Nance and Chuckles won't even negotiate with Trump, he should just take his case to The People. That's what really terrifies the Dems.

View attachment 241473

I agree and the people are watching.

Hope Trump lays it all out like he did when he gave his speech on the wall.

The President has the right to call a meeting of Congress and he doesn’t need nancy or chucks approval to do so.

are you sure?

According to this article, she can delay his ability to give it in the House, basically til she leaves office.

State of the Union address: Can Nancy Pelosi rescind Donald Trump’s invitation?

"Can Pelosi disinvite Trump? Here is how the process of inviting a president happens:

The invitation to address a joint session of Congress is technically a House resolution that sets aside a day and time for the president to come to the Capitol and address a joint session of Congress.

A joint session of Congress means both the members of the House of Representatives and the members of the Senate are together in one chamber to hear a speaker.

Because the speech involves a joint session, both the House and the Senate must pass resolutions to OK the joint session.

The passing of the resolutions, in essence, constitutes an invitation from both the speaker of the House and the Senate majority leader for the president to appear before both chambers of Congress.

So far, neither the House nor the Senate has passed such a resolution that invites the president to
give the State of the Union address on Jan. 29.

Can Pelosi keep Trump from delivering the address?

Yes, she can in that she controls when a vote comes to the House floor. Pelosi could hold back the vote on the resolution to create a day and time for the president to speak, and prevent him from addressing House members."

Actually if I were Trump I would televise the State of the Union Address from the Oval Office and send a copy of it to congress to be hand delivered two days later. I would also up the amount he is asking for to 7.5 billion. Might as well up the amount since pellet brain Pelosi does not want to negotiate why not go higher?
That's showing 'em how dis NEGOTIATION thing is done.

Pew! Pew!! Peeew!!!!

retard-01-little-white-boy-playing-with-toy-gun.jpg

Maybe he should do a Nancy, and fly out of town.

Maybe give it from Mar a Lago

That's showing 'em how dis NEGOTIATION thing is done.

Pew! Pew!! Peeew!!!!

retard-01-little-white-boy-playing-with-toy-gun.jpg
Glad to see you are so articulate. Have you graduated kindergarten yet? If so you must have been head of your class. Too bad you are falling behind in grade school. Just so you can learn something. The English language is not em it is them, it is this not dis and most articulate people do not refer to negotiation as a thing. Now get someone to explain what I wrote to you.

Give it at the senate and send invites out to the house if Pelosi remains obstinate. I like seeing all those anti's faces grimace when they hear things they don't like.

Forum List

Back