Survey;What Two Tickets/Candidates Would You Want To See Battle In 2016 Election?

Mar 16, 2012
Sarasota & Naples, Florida

:woohoo:
Now this is assuming Romney will not go for a second term and hands the reigns to his VP. We all know Bill wants Hillary to run in 2016. Odds are Romney's VP will run. But just for fun, what two candidates would make for an interesting clash of the titans?
:slap:
I would love to see a Christie/Rubio ticket VS Hillary. {I have to look over all of the Democrat choices for VP, no idea yet}
But conservatives have to admit, that would be a great ticket!
But who should Hillary run with to make it interesting?
:poke:

Have you conservatives considered the problem of Romney winning? That all but guarantees you won't see a conservative president for another 8 years. Romney, who is no conservative, will either serve 8, or serve 4 and lose to a Democrat.

At least if Obama wins, you people can make the case in 2016 that the GOP can only win by nominating a real conservative, and who knows,

for once, the party might believe you.

Now this is assuming Romney will not go for a second term and hands the reigns to his VP. We all know Bill wants Hillary to run in 2016. Odds are Romney's VP will run. But just for fun, what two candidates would make for an interesting clash of the titans?
I would love to see a Christie/Rubio ticket VS Hillary. {I have to look over all of the Democrat choices for VP, no idea yet}

Romney is going to lose...

So my guess is that the Democrats will run Hillary and the REpublicans will Run Jeb Bush.

The only question is, can Jeb undo the damage Romney has done alienating women, Hispanics and working people enough to be competitive?

I would assume Romney would run for a 2nd term, but I'll play. Rubio will likely be Romney's VP so Rubio/Christy makes more sense to me.
Hillary's running mate (though I doubt she'll get the nomination) would be either Eric Holder or Monica Lewinsky.

Chelsea Clinton v. Nicole Bush would be more fun. The Secretary of State is 64, she may be looking at retirement after so many years in government, and more attacks on her than August mosquitoes here in Florida. Of course, I would have switched parties & campaigned for Liddy Dole THIS year, had she run, and she is 75. Anybody but Sancto or Steve King for Republicans 2016; Romney will win, I believe, unless unemployment is closer to 6.8% than 8% in November, and then would run for reelection.

Chelsea Clinton v. Nicole Bush would be more fun. The Secretary of State is 64, she may be looking at retirement after so many years in government, and more attacks on her than August mosquitoes here in Florida. Of course, I would have switched parties & campaigned for Liddy Dole THIS year, had she run, and she is 75. Anybody but Sancto or Steve King for Republicans 2016; Romney will win, I believe, unless unemployment is closer to 6.8% than 8% in November, and then would run for reelection.

I think that the President will win, but, that said, Governor Romney is making some gains. He is no longer in negative territory in favorability ratings.

President Obama 7.6 Governor Romney 2.6

RealClearPolitics - Obama & Romney: Favorable/Unfavorable

And this is still showing a strong lead for the President

President Obama 221 Governor Romney 170

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

And the battleground states still strongly favor the President

I love how the premise of this thread is:
A) Romney will win.
1A) Romney will not run for reelection.

Forum List

Back