Survey Says: Here is what 'Know More Republicans' believe

OMG! a poll done by the DAILYKOS, fer sure man, if the girly boy Markos Moulitsas says so..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, the poll was done by "Research 2000", an independent nonpartisan group "hired" by DailyKos.

The question here is, "Do you believe the poll is misrepresenting the Republican position and if you do? Which part?"

i believe the people running this poll have a cumulative IQ that makes you look smart.

Palin will be the 2012 GOP Nominee – Research 2000

:rofl:

run with it, dude.

Ohh puhleeze...

Heck I might even pray for that.

Me too. We kicked their ass once. It will be even easier a second time. Huzzah!

Texas is the only state that was its own Republic and no one has ever kicked our ass.

Texas did not experience many significant battles. However, the Union mounted several attempts to capture the Trans-Mississippi regions of Texas and Louisiana from 1862 until the war's end. With ports to the east under blockade or captured, Texas in particular became a blockade-running haven. Referred to as the "back door" of the Confederacy, Texas and western Louisiana continued to provide cotton crops that were transferred overland to the Mexican border town of Matamoros, Tamaulipas, and shipped to Europe in exchange for supplies. Determined to close this trade, the Union mounted several invasion attempts of Texas, each of them unsuccessful.

The U.S. Navy blockaded the principle seaport, Galveston, for four years, and Federal infantry occupied the city for three months in late 1862. Confederate troops under Gen. John B. Magruder recaptured the city on January 1, 1863 and it remained in Confederate hands until the end of the war. A few days later the Confederate raider CSS Alabama attacked and sunk the USS Hatteras in a naval engagement off the coast of Galveston.

A few other cities also fell to Union troops at times during the war, including Port Lavaca, Indianola, and Brownsville. Federal attempts to seize control of Laredo, Corpus Christi, and Sabine Pass failed. By the end of the war no territory was in Union hands.

The most notable military battle in Texas during the war happened on September 8, 1863. At the Battle of Sabine Pass, a small garrison of 46 Confederates from the mostly-Irish Davis Guards under Lt. Richard W. Dowling, 1st Texas Heavy Artillery, defeated a much larger Union invasion force from New Orleans under Gen. William B. Franklin. Skilled gunnery by Dowling's troops disabled the lead ships in Franklin's flotilla, prompting the remainder—4,000 men on 27 ships—to retreat back to New Orleans. This victory against such overwhelming odds resulted in the Confederate Congress passing a special resolution of recognition and CSA President Jefferson Davis stating: "Sabine Pass will stand, perhaps for all time, as the greatest military victory in the history of the world."

In 1864, many Texas forces, including a division under French Prince Camille de Polignac, moved into Northwestern Louisiana to stall Union Maj. Gen. Nathaniel Banks' Red River Campaign, which was intended to invade Texas from its eastern border. Confederate forces halted the expedition at the Battle of Mansfield, just east of the Texas border.

Let me guess. You have never heard of "Hood's Texas Brigade"? They were part of the failed CSA Army of Northern Virginia. The Texans and the CSA got their asses kicked by the USA.

So Lonestar, why did Texas join the Union?

A nice informative post there, but if it covered that point I missed it and apologize.

OMG! a poll done by the DAILYKOS, fer sure man, if the girly boy Markos Moulitsas says so..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, the poll was done by "Research 2000", an independent nonpartisan group "hired" by DailyKos.

The question here is, "Do you believe the poll is misrepresenting the Republican position and if you do? Which part?"

i believe the people running this poll have a cumulative IQ that makes you look smart.

Palin will be the 2012 GOP Nominee – Research 2000

:rofl:

run with it, dude.

About Us
The Company

RESEARCH 2000 is a nonpartisan full service research firm that conducts surveys and focus groups for advocacy groups, trade associations, businesses and over 300 news media organizations.
About Us – Research 2000

Forum List

Back