Survey: Is there a better way to help people in other countries than charity?

Misaki

Jul 8, 2011
Is there a better way to help people in other countries than charity?

NO REGISTRATION or Google account is required.

I'm looking for two main types of people to take the survey: people who are potentially interested in making donations to poor people in other countries, and people who are poor people in other countries. Only the first will be found here, but the survey really needs all the responses it can get, so that's fine.

No private information about you is stored from the survey, only what you answer in the questions (and the timestamp of when you submit the response).

This would be an interesting question for your survey:

Do you believe that it is wise and/or humane to provide charity to impoverished parents from poor countries without requiring vasectomy/tubal ligation services? Why or why not?

Do you believe that it is wise and/or humane to provide charity to impoverished parents from poor countries without requiring vasectomy/tubal ligation services? Why or why not?
If you want people in poor countries to have fewer babies, the best way is to make it so their country isn't poor. There is a strong inverse correlation between GDP and fertility:
The Link between Fertility and Income

(Edit: normally when saying "strong correlation" you would also give the correlation coefficient, but I just looked at the chart)

If you want people in poor countries to have fewer babies, the best way is to make it so their country isn't poor. There is a strong inverse correlation between GDP and fertility:

(Edit: normally when saying "strong correlation" you would also give the correlation coefficient, but I just looked at the chart)
It is not realistic to make a poor country wealthy through charity. However IMO it is both humane and essential to limit family sizes in poor countries. I am not saying compulsory sterilization for all adults. I am saying that if parents of children are destitute and accept relief supplies they should agree to a vasectomy/tubal ligation for their family's sake as well as the long term problem of a 3rd world population explosion.

It is not realistic to make a poor country wealthy through charity. However IMO it is both humane and essential to limit family sizes in poor countries. I am not saying compulsory sterilization for all adults. I am saying that if parents of children are destitute and accept relief supplies they should agree to a vasectomy/tubal ligation for their family's sake as well as the long term problem of a 3rd world population explosion.

I believe people in this country who accept government welfare should not be allowed to have children, gamble, buy and use drugs, tobacco or alcohol.
(There are six major U.S. welfare programs. They are the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(TANF), Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programs (SNAP or "food stamps"), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), and housing assistance)

Forum List

Back