Survey for Vietnam Veterans and their Families

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by suzanneirvin71, Mar 8, 2012.

1. suzanneirvin71

suzanneirvin71 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My name is Sue and my father was a Vietnam Veteran. I am doing research on how the Vietnam War affected Veterans and their families. I have created two surveys, one for the Veterans and one for their families. If you are a Vietnam Veteran or a Vietnam Vet’s family member please look over the surveys and fill out and submit if you are comfortable with the questions. Thank you for your time!

XXXXXXXX

2. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Welcome to USMB, suzanneirwin. Drop by the coffee shop anytime.

3. Robert_Stephens

Robert_Stephens BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Hey dear, this will be fun to see your results as folks chime in here. I, 59, was in the draft call up of 1970 and my number was 311 (they were drafting males up to number 175 then-- the numbering system worked in correspondence of the days of the year, 1-366, and one's birthday was assigned a date-day and that determined where you were in the draft call-up), so I was exempt. Too, I was the last surviving 'Stephens' as a male so was exempt under 'The Ryan Act'. Thus, I did not serve.

Hail to your dad and all those that did and do serve, however. Thank you and hat is tipped.

Robert

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  4. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Vietnam was a long war. Both my father and my brother served.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Granny says, "Good...
    :clap2:
    Veterans Affairs to get 10% hike in mental health workers
    19 Apr.`12 - Amid reports of weeks elapsing before veterans are able to begin mental health treatment, the Department of Veterans Affairs announced Thursday an immediate, nearly 10% increase in mental health staffing across the country, adding 1,900 therapists and other workers.

6. Ping

Ping Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was living in Hawaii and my boyfriend was a young Army captain. He got orders for his 2nd tour in Vietnam and proposed to me just 7 hours before leaving. We were married during his R&R, then he returned for another 6 months before we finally began our Army life together. He was active duty for 32 years.

Oh, what a great adventure it was to be an Army wife!! I wish I could go back and live those years all over again. And oh, how I adored and admired the young soldiers!

Every single time I got to a movie theater on a military installation they start with a picture of the Aemrican flag waving and the Star Spangled Banner playing. Everyone stands and the young soldiers, though they're in civilian clothes, all stand at attention with their hands cupped by their sides.

IT BRINGS A LUMP TO MY THROAT EACH TIME! No slouching, no chatting with friends, no eating popcorn and calling out for the movie to begin. Instead, standing at attention and showing respect for the American flag. IT'S A GREAT LIFE!